Twilights Dawn that is being deleted 18 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 442 )
  • Viewing 351 - 400 of 442
Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

The soldier shakes his head before he says "we have lamp oil, but that is it. However I must advice you to not go after this pony without proper aid." Having said that he begins to walk towards the medical tent "The soldier that arrived earlier is recovering fine, it appears whoever you were fighting used a mental torture on him. It does not do anything physical, but it is also more affective at breaking ponies than any physical torture."

"Good to hear that he is doing well enough at least. I hope Dim pulls through. Any equipment you might have that could help would be appreciated. We need to get back through quickly if possible before he escapes though." She follows pony she was talking with.

2981450 Following along, the officer keeps replaying the fight in his mind, trying to think of a tactic to use against the Mage.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2981450 " We only have basic weapons here. Do you wish for me to summon the troops?"

Shadow sighs and nods. "Yes, we need to get them briefed, ready, and on target as fast as possible."

2981474 "Ma'm, how do we plan on taking this guy down?" The Officer asks, tilting his head.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

The soldier nods before he runs off to inform the troops

"I'm still working that out. I was hoping to get some more useful equipment but it seems they don't have any. My main hope is to figure out a way to divide his magic up so much that he can't maintain a barrier around himself. Any chance any of you antimagic types have a way of building an antimagic field?"

2981552 The Officer shakes his head. "Even if we had any Nulls left and I doubt this base has more than a couple it wouldn't matter. That armor he was wearing stopped Ivy and her best, anti magic won't work on him."

"Well I would say we poison the bastard but I don't think they have any on hand. Armor don't do shit to toxic gas I've found. Doesn't help with poisoned food either but that isn't an option at the moment."

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

As the soldier returns with his troops he begins to say "We only have 2 ponies capable of antimagic and they are novices" but is cut off by the gates being blown off their hinges. On the other side stood the necromancer and any of the corpses that could be reanimated from the previous battles.
"I have no interest in this fort, so give me the two unicorns and I will spare the rest of you"
(That is what I call a lazily written intro scene)

Comment posted by Pleaseworkforonce deleted Mar 2nd, 2014

2981583 The Officer reacts on instinct, snap firing a bolt into the Necromancer's face.

"Really?" Shadow spins her blades into place and begins to tear into the corpses on her way past the necromancer. "Spread out and do what you can. He has some aoe abilities."

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

The necromancer allows the bolt to shatter upon his shield. Tsking he sends several of the Dawn brigades unicorns, each one sporting a shattered horn towards the enemy. "Ah yes these unicorns will be fighting you courtesy of one Solar Flare"
Magic shoots from the nubs of thier horns sending random bolts of powerful magic throughout the air

Comment posted by Pleaseworkforonce deleted Mar 2nd, 2014

2981612 "And how do you figure that?" The Officer asks, as the troops fan out into small groups of five, each engaging as they say fit. Focusing for a second before firing another bolt, this time one of his few remaining anti magic bolts the officer shuts out the sounds of battle around him.

( I doubt it's going to work but I do hope this guy isn't like every major fantasy boss where he's faster than every ranged attack ever and must be dealt with by good old fashion steel.)

Shadow checks one of the 'zombies' she has on the end of a dagger to see if there is anything she can learn from it.

"The boss always has aoe abilities."

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

"Well isn't it obvious? I was quite surprised that the pathetic thralls you killed were able to take down some elite soldiers, so I ripped their souls back through the void and forced them to tell me what happened. It is quite surprising the type of people they will give a position of power now days. However please kills these zombies a bit faster, it is quite hard to force these zombies to do my bidding when they have souls" Smirking he sends a fireball at a group of soldiers incinerating the bolt along the way

2981661 The Officer stops for a second before grinning. "You ripped their souls from the void?" He says, a laugh in his voice as he fires another bolt at the gaps in his armor.

Shadow learning little she can use since she doesn't have magic herself she gets some distance and starts tearing through more of the zombies. "I wonder how much of a drain on your power it will be for you to have to revive them a second time."

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2981684 Raising an eyebrow the bloodmage actually looked disturbed. It wasn't until he saw the bolt did he move jumping to the side he manages to get his vitals out of the way, but the bolt still hits him in his back right hoof. "Buck!" Shaking he reaches back and rips the bolt out. Coughing some blood out he looks at the officer "Either you are one sick pony, or you don't realize the implications of what I did." Smirking he shoots out several fire bolts killing several soldiers. "Maybe you're a pony after my own heart hahaha"

2981686 "Actually, yeah I think I am. It'd look great on my mantle piece." The Officer says with a laugh, firing another bolt as the Mage doges. "Ever wonder why your having such a hard time controlling my brothers, why our souls were so easy to find in the void? Ever wonder why they glowed like the sun, just daring you to take them?"

Shadow waits for a moment to get in an attack. Vampiric abilities plied on a blood mage tend to lead to interesting places.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2981723 "Oh you misunderstand I only cared for the magical souls. Surprisingly you sun types have never been the brightest ponies, so I doubt they could have explained if I had retrieved them anyways. Now that I think about it you do not seem like you would benefit my group so I guess I'll only get one recruit this time." Smiling the Unicorns horn glows a dark red before he flings that grip in a long line. He smiles as it encases everyone inside his telekentic grasp. He quickly removes any antimagical gear on them to allow him to better gloat at his victory.
"Now any last words ponies"

"Yes, Bon Appétit." Shadow lands on the back of the blood mage, given that she was flying behind him, and tries to sink her fangs into his neck.

2981723 The Officer just grins, grabbing his talisman as he is thrown back, whispering a quick prayer. "Semper vigila in uncoquered sol splendet super nos!" He shouts, the talisman in his armor shines bright with golden light before cracking, releasing a pulse of bright light.
"All Solar souls are magical, you dumb fuck."

The Solar officer 'zombies' flinch as the phrase rings out, the golden corona of light washing over them, seemingly absorbed as it passes. A heart beat goes by before a golden light similar to the one from the talisman exudes form them, their bodies jerking every which way as golden specters pull themselves from the bodies.

Standing the officer laughs. "We are bound to the sun, our souls filled with it's glorious light. Even in death we serve, fighting the things in the dark beyond mortal keen, our mortal selves preserved and bound to the magic inside us. Duty after death is a phrase we take very seriously. And by dragging them back to the material plane, you done fucked up." He says as the last of the phantom officers pulls it's self from it's body. The corpses, now true zombies, were quickly cut down by their shinning blades, the corpses of the privates dispatched in a similar manner.

(This is what the Solar brigade does to it's officers, at least it is now. :twilightsmile:)

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

Shrugging the necromancer crushes everything inside his telekinetic grasp silencing the officer forever. Feeling a pony biting down on his neck he lashes out hitting Shadow flare. He stumbles to the side as he feels the affects of a vamponies bite take place "Buck." He mutters to himself. He looks out towards the celestial officers and smiles. "Oh I do so enjoy eating souls the power is... intoxicating" You know I have not seen a necromancers talisman shaped as a sun in two centuries, I wonder why she would implement them again. Deciding to investigate later the pony's horn turns a onyx black before it begins to suck the celestial souls towards him. "It's been quite a while since I have feasted on a celestial being" The powers of the souls seem to sustain him, but he still feels his power being drained from the bite
(Btw Shadow is getting a buttload of power)

2981776 (Yeah, cause someone has to keep all those ghosts and THINGS FROM BEYOND in check, so why not an army of ghost paladins?)

(Sorry guys but its 4:40 AM for me. I'm going to bed.)
Shadow tries to make sure to tear open the necromancer's neck even as she is knocked away from him.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2981780 (Yeah that would work on a non necro boss, but necro bosses will beat spirits any day of the week. And if you have not noticed the Solars or solar nazis as you said earlier are not exactly the best ponies in the world)

2981776 (Okay, cya Ebony, perhaps we'll finish this one day)The Officer rises from his body, shrouded in golden light. Feeling the tug the celestials look at each other and grin before drawing their swords, a wordless battle cry reverberating through the air.

2981788 (Yeah, but who else are you going to trust to keep doing the same job over and over for eternity? And the Necro boss...is going to crunch them again but hey, least they go out awesomely.)

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2981789 Grinning the necromancer waited for the spirits to come to him, already feeling invigorated from power he is stealing from the souls

2981797 Knowing their presence was giving him strength the still living ponies focus on shooting him while he was distracted. The Spirits themselves attacked him directly, either the Necromancer would try to drain a soul and a be hit by a bolt while his defenses were down or he would turn his attention to the living and be overwhelmed by the dead.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2981794 (what living ponies? The officer just got the entire garrison slaughtered. Remember it may not be obvious, but how you fight will save or kill ponies. Also you would trust the Lunar Brigade and now the Dawn Brigade. You solars are a bunch of glorified cops essentially. No not like FBI, or CIA, or James bond, but like a swat team)
The necromancer continues to suck the spirits towards him

2981810 (:facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof: Yeap, forgot everything dead. Also it's kinda the Solar thing that ONLY THEY can be trusted. The Lunars are sneaky and (In there opinion) would abandon a town to save a nation. The Dawns are too new and haven't really built an identity for them to trust, though it seems they're turning out to be a bunch of misfits, disappointments and rule breakers.) Swarming forward the Spirits attack the Necromancer.

(They're is no way i can see this ending well, i've already used my daily allotment of cheese.)

2981810 9(Also how does the cop thing work if they're one of the elite branches of the military? I know that there cops, but it kinda seems they're being used for two purposes, Cops (And H.R.T are like the S.W.A.T's S.W.A.T) and elite military at the same time.)

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2981824 (They're the rebellious group, disappointments don't make it into the brigades. Also right now they have a nearly flawless mission success rate in non joint efforts, but in joint efforts this is usually what happens. Aka they don't work well with strangers at all. And you'll notice over time each brigade has at least one notable flaw. So far the most obvious are Solar:Sheeple Dawn:Overly independent Lunar:????
Also the Lunar brigade were the best for supernatural occurrences because they do whatever it takes to get the job done, not to be confused with the Solars doing whatever they are ordered. They won't just massacre a village full of families because they were ordered to.)
The necromancer smiles as he feels the swords swing into his flesh just to be absorbed as more energy

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2981832 (Nope they are just anti terrorist during times of peace. During a war then yes they are used as military. Pretty much the brigades specialize in certain fields, but they are also used wherever they are needed, like the soldiers of the Dawn Brigade are also scientists who research and develop new weaponry)

2981839 (Welp, lets call this. Necromancer-1 Spirits-0. It's been real fun. Yeah, I think I just got reminded of why I like to RPG with source books and a set of rules:applejackunsure:, so that you don't have two people with differing opinions playing the same game but one of them also happens to be the DM. Yeah....I think we really need to finish the world building or else we're going to have lots more mix ups.)

The celestial spirits back away, seeing their blades pass right through him. Looking at each other they link their magic and fight his presence to return to the void, aiming to take his spirit with them so that they could engage it in a plane where it could be destroyed.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2981849 (Well I have mentioned what the brigades are and do several times:unsuresweetie: I'll go ahead and reiterate in another thread what they do again.)
He laughs at their feeble attempts to pry his soul from his body "Such a shame you decided to fight back, I heard heaven is a wonderful place. However it seems I will be sending you to oblivion" Smiling he reaches out with his magic and forces the spirits towards him, burning away their very essence

2981856 (Nah nah nah, I was referring to the whole And-teh-spirts-were-teh-Nerco's-snack thing. Think i might still be stuck in DnD RPG mode were trying that maneuver i did would get the DM and everyone at the table looking at you going 'Really?':unsuresweetie: because you'd be the nub who hadn't read the parts in the book where it says elves are immune to sleep magic and you just casted slumber on the elven ranger.)
As their essence burns they stare down the Necro, redoubling their efforts. "We don't go to heaven." One of them says.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2981866 Laughing he says "AND NOW YOU ARE NOTHING!" Releasing a blast of energy he finishes the job.
(Well you are not suppose to be able to summon spirits either. I already am going to have a nightmare explaining how these are really just demons summoned forth by a talisman and forced to act as the summoner expects them to act)

2981875 (HAHAHAHA then I have done the time honoured PC's job of fucking of my DM's world. Also it's simple enough to say the Solar's do actually undergo a ritual when they become officers and bind their souls to Celestia so the when they die there magic retains it's mortal form so that they can fight demons and guide souls in the after life.)

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2981877 (Yeah , but that would also force me to scrap the void mission, so no.

2981879 (Well it could be that the void is underseige and the solars are WAAAAAY to busy to help becasue dirverting anything would result in major cosmic nasties coming into our reality. It would also give the mission even more urgancy:pinkiehappy:)

• Viewing 351 - 400 of 442