Twilights Dawn that is being deleted 18 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 232 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 232
Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

Using the trains intercom system Dim announces their arrival to the crystal empire.
"When you depart from the train there will be five guards each standing by a sign saying the course they will take you to. Go with the guard that is teaching the class that you believe will be most helpful.
Your choices will be
Martial arts( Increases your unarmed combat Will only help novices and untrained indivduals)
Swordsmanship (Will only help novices and untrained individuals)
Archery (Will only help novices and untrained individuals)
Medical (Will teach you the lesser heal spell and basic first aid)
Magic (Minorly increases power in all the spells you know)
(Note in this Rp you will each be at your class meaning that the only people you are with are npcs and anyone who also takes your class. This means each class will have different events transpire to them)

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

(Combat delayed a bit)

2644129 Blue looks over the list of courses. "Eh, nothing here I need. Might as well go spar with the some rookies at the swordsman class."

"Mind if I join you?" Heaven asked, over hearing Blue. "I have no need for any of these classes either." She chuckled, a soft smile on her face. "Though I may take those lessons, as I've never used a sword before..."

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2644222 Dim goes to the hospital. While waiting for his class to get there he begins to think up ways to traumatize them.
Hmm I could plan an accident and have one of them chop off my hoof before healing it.
Bleh I really hope none of them from the train takes my class (forgot to mention none unicorns learn first aid in this class)

2644222 Blue shrugs. "Sure why not." He says as he heads of to the clearing where the class was being held.

2644143 (Who's in charge of the instructors?)

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2644265 ( I will control them, but you wont actually take the class we will be time skipping)
Edit: But there will be normal guards as well as brigade recruits with you in the classes)

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

Sparring with a young recruit is a small unicorn mare both equipped with sparring swords and padded armor

Comment posted by Balancer deleted Jan 20th, 2014
Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2644265 ( I'll introduce your classes so the instructors fit the story)

Heaven nodded, still smiling. "Thank you." She said, sighing. "At least somepony I know will be there." She chuckled, half speaking to herself. She then watched the other ponies there, noting there was other mares there as well.

"Hm.. well I am a squishy wizard so I suppose I will try out the archery class. No new scars for this hide as I've got enough already thank you. This way I'll still be able to help even when I run out of magic." He walks over to sign up for the archery lessons.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2644222 (Sorry had to do something)
The mare looks up at the two ponies approaching the course. She waves them over to greet them.
"Hello I'm sergeant greenwall and I will be your instructor for this course" She has a very high pitched voice making her sound almost like a foal (Sweetie bell)

2644371 Blue walks forward a smile on his face. "Don't worry i'm an old friend with a blade so i wont be taking up your time."

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2644367 The guard standing by the sign nods and leads star away. "This will be a very long walk sir(Male or female I forgot) we keep the archer range far outside city limits to prevent 'accidents'"

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2644387 "Hmm we'll see about that
2644367 and what about you miss any experience?

"Though I will." Heaven nodded, a soft smile still on her face. "I'm Heaven Star." She said, sighing. "Anything at all I should know and or have before continuing? I like being prepared."

"That is alright. Not unless you count a stint running a repeating ballista in the defense of a small town back in the day and at that all I did was aim the thing. I suspect this will be quite a bit different from that."

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2644429 Well you and the doctors will be good friends by the end of this course" She replies with all seriousness

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2644438 Raising an eyebrow the guard decides not to ask. "Alright sir we are here"
currently the archery range was almost at full use with the instructor Yelling viciously at the young recruits whenever they do something wrong "I TOLD YOU TO ONLY POINT DOWN RANGE MAGGOT!" Bits of spittle flying out.
The guard looks at you one more time with a look of pity before leaving

"Heh, don't worry. I've dealt with worse." Given that Star is from the era where you would be beaten for that kind of screw up even during training it is more accurate than it might be from the usual rank and file. ((Oh, and Star Craving is male. I just realized I didn't respond to that.))

Heaven blinked, before smiling. "Is that a challenge?" She asked, in equal seriousness. "That certainly sounded like a challenge."

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2644486 Grinning she giggles "Indeed that is, but first I'll have to see if he can live up to his claims"

2644387 looking blue up and down she says " Alright boy lets see how you hold up" before tossing him a weighted wood sword similar to the one he uses (ready to get your but kicked?). "Oh and no deadly magic I don't want to accidentally kill you" She giggles again

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2644484 Noticing the new arrival he yells "YOU'RE LATE MAGGOT GET OVER HERE NOW!"

Heaven nodded, before patting Blue on the back. "Good luck." She said chuckling. "You might need it."

"Ah, so I'm late to a class I just signed up for and just learned of not ten minutes ago? Alright." He mildly jogs over to where the instructor seems to want him.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2644547 The instructor slams a text book the size of his hoof into Star's chest " You have two hours to read this and have it memorized, UNDERSTOOD!"

"Aye. Shall I read it here or do you want me to go down field and read it while the other trainees take pot shots at me while we are at it?" He grins up at the instructor.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2644567 " YOU HAVE AN HOUR AND A HALF NOW! AND IF YOU BREAK A SINGLE SAFETY PROTOCOL IN THAT BOOK YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THIS CLASS PERMANENTLY!" It looks like the pegasus is about to kill Star at this point

2644561>>2644544 (Just for not Blue uses a Greatsword i.e 5 ft in length) Swishing the wooden toy around Blue scowls. "Smaller than what i'm used to but it'll do." Taking up a stance Blue nods at the instructor.

"Alright. Calm down fella. Your heart will give out on you if you keep at that intensity... or I think it will." He begins to read through the book as requested.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2644610 "Good luck, you'll need it" she says, her grin suddenly turning into a quite evil looking smirk.
Without waiting for Blue to respond she starts with the basic head on charge sword swinging straight down

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2644622 Deciding to ignore that comment the instructor looks at the other archer assembled and checked to ensure their form was correct and giving tips.
(End of your intro please wait for other to finish)

2644630 Blue stands still, waiting until the instructor is committed to the strike.

Heaven sighed as he watched the two ponies sparing, she then decided to work on memorizing each of their moves and how they fought.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2644666 good he's not an complete amateur , but let's see if we can use that against him.
Following through with the attack she overextends the slash leaving her wide open.

2644696 Seeing the feint Blue grins, planning to use the knowledge that he knows that she knows against her. Purposefully steeping forward, looking like he's going to take advantage to the extension Blue raises his blade to strike, ready to parry the counter.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2644712 giggling her head follows the strike leading into a somersault and bucking blue in the face half way through.
"Now Now you can't make assumptions" she says as she jumps back and readies her stance

2644728 Blue lets out a laugh. "Ha, all right then let's give the rookies a show." Readjusting his stance Blue charges froward, a gleam in is eye.

Heaven continued watching as she waited her turn. "I hope I don't screw up." She mumbled to herself, before looking around the area.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2644760 Smirking she sits down and waits for blue to get closer quietly casting a spell

2644772 Letting go of his sword with his mouth Blue sends it hurtling towards the instructor with his magic when he's only a couple of paces away from her, aiming to tackle her as she dodged.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2644783 and with a crack she teleports and does not reappear

2644788 Ether she's fled...or she's above me Blue throws himself to left, rolling along the ground as he pulls his word back to him.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2644802 (Nice one how'd you guess) with a thud a the instructor lands where he was previously stand leaving small craters. Actually looking somewhat impressed "Wow the weight spell and teleport always gets who I'm fighting for the first time oh well time to stop playing" tossing the sword to the ground she levitates two short swords to her and she charges

2644828 (Because...I'm Batman) "We going full steel?" Blue asks as he dodges the blades while making a thrust of this own.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2644891 (No they're wooden, but she's using 2 instead of one bigger one) dodging the thrust she swiped one sword from the right slashed down the middle and bucked to the left her horn glowing a bit brighter as she bucked

2644914 Ducking under a swing Blue propels his sword forward as he rolls away from the back swing.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

2644928 laughing the mare finishes the spell teleporting behind him and allows her middle blade to finish it's decent onto the back of his head

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 232