The Equestrian Revolutionary War 7 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 38 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 38
Jack-Pony
Group Admin

This is a question I keep being asked, how are our members going to participate? If we are the Generals of our armies, then what are our members going to do in this war?

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

I thought they were simply a way to determine army size

Jack-Pony
Group Admin

1058593 Something tells me that at this point, they're going to want more than that...

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

1058664 I think my'n have forgot about the war already

Irongalley
Group Admin

I have appointed generals and commanders, and I've divided my army into four different ones with varying degrees of strength. My plan was to give control of an army to each one of my generals and have them assign commanders to the units inside their armies.

That's how it's structured in mine, but I think we shoudn't involve too many people.

I agree with 1058688, let's just keep member count determine army size.

1058664>>1058688>>1058767

As much as I'd like to give control of half my army to onefishtwofish (who is surprisingly experienced with strategy games) I think that they're right. It should be just us commanding. onefish is gunna be pissed. I made him do a couple of Battlefield: Equestria scenarios to prove he would do well with my army....

Jack-Pony
Group Admin

An Idea...
How about at then end of each day's fighting we come up with a list of casualties and losses that we can present to our men. That way they can write stories that reflect their 'experiences' in the war?

Irongalley
Group Admin

Not sure I understand what you mean. :twilightsheepish:

Jack-Pony
Group Admin

1059501 I am to assume that with the numbers involved that this war is not likely to end in a single day. If that is the case, we should compile casualty reports from action.

If we do this, then our members can RP out what their experiences might've been in the hellish battlefields of the Equestrian Civil War. I.e. It'll give our members some investment in this war, so that they don't feel like pawns...

Irongalley
Group Admin

Making my pawns feel like actual participating pieces in my schemes and plans?! What heresy is this?! :twilightangry2:

That's actually a good idea! :pinkiehappy: I was also thinking about asking around for OC characters to employ in a story I think I'll write after this is over.

Which leads me to another aspect of this war...

Should we start having battle scenarios here in this group? Y'know, like in the BF:EQ group? Skirmishes and whatnot, to make this whole thing feel more alive and realistic.

Some of my guys are getting bored now, since the ban on espionage robbed them of their illicit fun. A few victories here and there for everyone might cheer the place up.

We could also try to work out how the PvP will unfold, since we've never tried it before. EVER.

I wouldn't like to arrive to battle the day of the war and realize we have no idea how to wage it. :derpytongue2:

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

1060932:trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright:Mine are pawns though:trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright:
1061010 Sounds good although I this needs to be said this coming Sunday I will be leaving for missionary stuff so I wont be able to do that much. then after that I have to do Summercamp so I will be completely gone.
In other words I will be gone for two weeks if this war continues past Friday
Although I think if we do scenarios and what not this could last quite a while

1061010 I thought that scenarios were always how we were going to do this. We talked about maps and stuff and I just assumed....

Jack-Pony
Group Admin

1061010 Irongalley, I will send the Third and Tenth Cohorts, from the III Legion from Canterlot, towards your lines (Fillydelphia) for a Recon en Masse.

OOC, that is Appx 960 (largely irregular) troops of the Auxilia, I would like to see a similar number of your own. They are not bringing siege equipment, nor heavy weapons...they were selected because they can cover ground quickly, so expect fire and maneuver combat.

Irongalley
Group Admin

I thought we were doing this through PvP. :rainbowhuh:

Irongalley
Group Admin

I shall meet you in battle then! I'll send half my Regional Army to face you in combat.

OOC: They'd be irregulars and a few regulars mixed in. They should border around the thousand soldiers. No siege stuff either.

1061058>>1061077
WAIT WAIT WAIT! I thought we were gunna have a special thread for this?! And shouldn't we allies plan TOGETHER before making moves towards the enemy?!

I figured it would be the same thing with a third party rolling the dice and such.... I thought there'd be more planning.....

Irongalley
Group Admin

Yeah, that's how it's gonna be. :derpytongue2: Dice and stuff.

I think you're confused though, we're planning a small skirmish. :unsuresweetie: Nothing serious.

1061145 We only have so many soldiers. Every one counts unless you're not going to cont the casualties against your numbers......

Irongalley
Group Admin

I doubt either Jack or I will count this battle as canon for the war.

We'll be using peasants, mostly though. Easily replaced; less than a thousand; no biggie. :derpytongue2:

1061178 Such calous disregard for life. No wonder so many oppose you.:trollestia::moustache:

Irongalley
Group Admin

Pfft. Everyone knows peasants aren't real people. :rainbowlaugh::derpytongue2:

Irongalley
Group Admin

To ANYONE spying on us right now, these are not my actual political views on the subject, the nation, or its inhabitants. :trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright:

Jack-Pony
Group Admin

1061178 We could count it Canon storywise, but not for numbers, how does that sound?

1061183 IC: This is war, if you're not ready to make sacrifices to protect Equestria, I'd suggest stepping down now. One thousand souls is nothing compared to the hell that will be unleashed when our two factions meet on the field...

Pen Knife: I did not say I could make the sacrifice. I was making a comment on how easily he disregarded it. A commander should always at least mourn his fallen. If only silently.

Jack-Pony
Group Admin

1061300 I will mourn for the dead when our foes lie in graves, until then, I have troops to train and a war to plan...

Pen Knife: I hope to fight beside you my friend. *salutes* For Equestria....

Jack-Pony
Group Admin

1061328 Jack pounds his chest with a hoof, before extending outright. "Potestas ex Harmonia!"

Irongalley
Group Admin

Sounds good! :pinkiehappy:

IC: A soldier's life is on the line at all times. He knows this, and he has accepted such facts. To perish in battle for the greater good of the nation is the greatest honor a warrior can achieve. In consequence, each soldier, commander, and general knows how much a life is worth when compared to the good of the nation.

Pen Knife: That does not make that soldier worthless......

Irongalley
Group Admin

Iron Galley: No soldier is worthless, but not all soldiers are worth the same. To see a brave peasant perish is sad, but it will not affect the war as much as seeing a knight fall. In the end, it remains true that some warriors are more easily replenished than others.

Pen Knife: *shakes head sadly* You still don't see it, do you, Irongalley? And I don't think you ever will. *walks away slowly*

Irongalley
Group Admin

Iron Galley: *arches an eyebrow* I still wouldn't sacrifice a tower for a pawn...*turns around and walks away*

*stops suddenly*

Wait... How did we all get here?! :applejackconfused:

OOC: :rainbowlaugh: ignore that last part, I just couldn't resist. :derpytongue2:

Pen Knife: *stops in alarm* Sweet Faust, how did we get here?!

((OOC: :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:))

Jack-Pony
Group Admin

1061721>>1061747 "THE PINK DEMON!"

Irongalley
Group Admin

Psst, you may want to check out Stargazer's new thread about his army and city.

I don't think you'll like it very much. :fluttershyouch: We still need to discuss it though.

Jack-Pony
Group Admin

1061786 Irongalley, I know when your forces stop for tea. BTW, you're running low... :rainbowwild:

Irongalley
Group Admin

:pinkiegasp: Tea time has been compromised! :raritycry:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 38