The Equestrian Revolutionary War 7 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
Irongalley
Group Admin

Ok guys, this has been bugging me for a while now.

Should we be allowed to ally ourselves with groups that have nothing to do with our group war?

For example:

LUNA allied itself with two Lunar Republics.

I allied myself with a group called Federal Daze, and Dapperjack's.

I don't know if anyone else has allied himself with anyone else, but this is something we should really discuss, as one of the rules for entering the contest was that it had to be a newly created group for it to be fair, and it seems an allegiance with older groups defeats the purpose.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

you can remove a digit from how many points you get like instead of 500 member you get 50 from allied groups

Irongalley
Group Admin

It'd still be quite a lot in some cases :applejackunsure: and it doesn't change the fact that it's completely unrelated to the MLP universe, and in turn, our universe.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

you confuses us:rainbowhuh:
well anyways you can have it where the group has to make a back story like have the older groups be the military of equestria and each group represents who its members support I guess

Irongalley
Group Admin

Hmm... We'd have to see with the others. :moustache:

IrresponsibleCupid
Group Admin

I, personally, think we should just add up the totals. (And LUNA's not allied with the Lunar Republics yet, we're waiting for responses.)

Irongalley
Group Admin

But what about CrazyMan and the others that didn't get as many members? They'll be in an even larger disadvantage then, and we still haven't figured out how to implement member numbers into the whole thing :applejackconfused:

IrresponsibleCupid
Group Admin

Good point. That could get ugly. As for the members issue, couldn't we just say that's the number of troops we have? Then if there's a group that has a total (including allies) below, say, 30 they'd get to triple that total. How's that? If we ally ourselves with big groups we'd still have an advantage over them, but at least it wouldn't be as large a gap.

Irongalley
Group Admin

I like the idea of triplicating member counts for those with fewer than say, fifteen members?

Okay, but should we place a member limit to the groups we can ally ourselves with, or any other regulations?

IrresponsibleCupid
Group Admin

We should probably limit the number of groups that can be in an alliance.

Jack-Pony
Group Admin

I move that we strike all alliances between groups not created for this Contest. If members from said groups want in, they can join our groups. Otherwise our list(s) of allies may get too long to deal with!

In addition, Irongalley, would you be open to the idea of merging our two factions' alliances of groups, into two larger groups, for the ease of management? (I.e. one group for the United Equestrian Alliance and another for Irongalley's Empire) If you are agreeable, I will then contact my allies and see if they too are open to the idea...?

Irongalley
Group Admin

It seems like a good idea, but we'd lose members during the transition to a larger group.

Jack-Pony
Group Admin

1050384 Its your call...

Irongalley
Group Admin

It really isn't. :derpytongue2: That's why this group is here, so everyone gets to call the shots.

We need to talk with the others about this, especially Hothead and Republican Brony, since they've made alliances aplenty. Me too, but I already agree. :twilightsheepish:

Jack-Pony
Group Admin

1050948 Alrighty, then I'll contact them and ask them their opinions'...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15