Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Chaotic Note
Group Admin

Okay guys, guess what time it is? It's contest time! (My second one!)

Let's do this.

Chaotic's Pre-Summer Writing Contest: The Preliminaries

Let's talk about what this contest is all about. Basically... it's about writing a short story. It doesn't need to be long; the shorter the story is, the better. Reason being is that looking for a short, fun story that I can enjoy within less than 5 minutes. Also, if a lot of stories are going to be submitted, then I'm going to need a lot of time. Trying to read a lot of stories before the end of school isn't easy you know.

Rules:
~ This is important. You need to enter the group: Chaotic Note's Group for Contests and etc. You'll need to submit your story in the group's folder: Chaotic's Pre-Summer Writing Contest: The Preliminaries.
~You can go a bit over the limit, but I'm looking for a story that will be between 1000-2500 words. That's the first important rule you need to know.
~The second rule is to be creative with the story. If the story gets dehydrated of flavor before I reach the end of it, then your chances of winning are very low.
~Thirdly, have fun. You don't need to write to win you know. If you're not having fun in the contest, then what's the point of entering it in the first place?

~ For the preliminary stage, all these stories will have to be submitted or at least created on FimFiction. There's a difference between publishing a story on FimFic, and just creating one. Publishing a story to Fimfic means that you want your story to be known to the entire public. Creating a story and not publishing it means that your story is more private and can only be viewed by others via giving them a link.
~ In the description of your story, be sure to explain that this story is meant to be for a contest. Simply copy the title of the contest above, including the preliminary subtitle.
~ Preliminary submissions are due on May 23,2013.

For the prize, you egghead! Why else would they enter?

Whoa! How did you get in here?!

I flew in! Duh! Now what's the prize? Every contest needs a prize.

Oh right! I almost forgot about that. Thank you, Dashie.

No problem!
I'll just sit over here now. Don't mind me.

I won't.

Anyway, like Dashie just said, there is a prize waiting for the first place winner. It's pretty simple, but I believe it's the best prize I can give to you.
The prize is this: A story of your choosing that I'll write.
You heard me. I will write any kind of story that you want me to write, and I'll publish it right here on the website! There are limits to what you can ask me, though.
Prize Restrictions are:
~ No aggressive, meta stories. I won't write about a story that has the purpose of striking down an author's moral on the website, or their stories. For example, I won't write a story about Fluttershy saying bad things about another author, or a pony kicking Nyx in the face (no matter how fun that sounds to me).
~ Dark, gore fics. I won't write anything related to a canon/OC pony killing another canon/OC pony. That's something you can do for yourself, but I won't.
~ Clopfics are not on my list of things to write, but we can debate about it if you want to. If you can convince me to write a clopfic, then I'll do it.

You got all that? Cool.

You know... I wouldn't mind reading a clopfic of yours.

Wh- what?! No! We're not about to discuss that right now!

Oh come on, you big foal. I know you would like to write a lustful, heated, sweat-inducing story about you and Princess Luna having some hot, steamy se-

Rainbow Dash! Not in front of my stalkers! They know too much about me already! Don't feed them any more info than they get in each blog!

Grrr.

*Tries to contain her laugh* S- shouldn't you explain what the prompt of the story should be? They should know what they're going to have to writing about.

Oh... right. Again, I almost forgot about that part.

The Writing Prompt:
The story can literally be about anything. All you need to do is include one of the following.
~ Main Character: One of the Mane Six.
~ Side Character: Any other canon pony or an OC.
~ What the Plot should Revolve Around: The last slice of pizza. (Vegetarian of course.)

What you do with these requirements is up to you. Just remember: be creative.
For all you know, this pizza could be sitting on top of a mountain, and Rainbow Dash and Applejack are racing to get it.
Or maybe this last slice of pizza is literally the last slice of pizza. (Both ideas are ripe for the taking.)

I will be choosing up to 10 stories and their authors to pass the preliminaries and into the sub-final stage.
To submit your story, simply just submit your story in the group's folder that I've mentioned earlier in the rules way above, and I'll be able to go back there and read it without putting it in my already-huge Read Later or Favorites list.
If you have anymore questions, just post them in the comments below and I'll answer them.

Good luck, and have fun with the contest!

I hope you enjoy my story! :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2