Humans turned ??? 2,390 members · 1,237 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

What would you do if you became something else personally I would try to find a cure and if their is none I shot myself

Well that depends on what you turned into right? Also, what if a bullet or weapon didn’t kill you?

Then I am fucked I don want to be anything other than human

Perhaps you’d adjust. Perhaps you’d go mad. Context is key. What you were, who you were with, and where you were would all determine certain actions.

Depends on what I become given a choice I would not want to be human.

Step 1: Panic a little, this is normal.
Step 2: Intense curiosity. I would explore myself so hard, whatever I was.
Step 3: Attempt to figure out how this impacts what I do. Can I type? Can I go to the store without trouble? If yes to both of those, I will likely not gripe too hard.
Step 4: Do I look awesome? Time to take pictures.
Step 5: Consider the future.
Step 6: Does this form suck? Does it fail 3 hard? Try to find ways to fix it.
Step 7: Crap, no way to fix it?! Well, adapt. Humanity's greatest strength. Don't ditch it just because your body was warped.

Become an invincible, immortal, eldritch abomination, and assimilate all of Existence. Isn't that obvious?:rainbowhuh:

What would you do if you became something else...

This could be the beginning of an interesting story.

What if you looked normal to yourself, but other people would go nuts looking at you?

What if you looked normal but if you saw people in the street, your sanity would be threatened.
Now, everyone else looks normal but something is not quite right when you look at other people.

What if when you looked in the mirror you looked normal, but when other folks see you, they see an abomination?
Your checklist won't work.

Let's add another wrinkle, imagine that devices like cellphones and cameras show you as a
normal person, but people still see a monster.

Nah, just shuffles it around. Step 1, delayed until someone sees me and freaks out, which would confuse me and I would likely just keep on going where I planned to go, not grasping why they are making a fuss.
Step 2 would be a bust if I couldn't find the new form even by touch.
Step 3, Still very important. While I could apparently type, people are freaking out at the sight out of me, preventing me from shopping, dang it.
Step 4, my cellphone would not get pictures of my monstrosity? Oh well...
Step 5, time to get to considering, step unchanged.
Step 6, This has all the downsides and none of the up, seek a fix.
Step 7, No fix? Well... adapt. Still lame, but heck if I'll 'give up' on life.

Sounds good.

You could go outside in a trench coat and gloves.
Of course, that might work better in cold areas.
Well, the few places that still exist.

Also with the internet, it's possible to get stuff delivered without going outside.

Oh, for sure, but my daily walk to the store was also my daily walk, period. It kept me healthy.

Oh well, better lazy than shot.

Yeah, like, it'd suck to be a newt or a bug or something, but if I was turned into a Unicorn or something? I'd go full occultist trying to understand Magic. If I was turned into some monstrous thing? I'd become some dark guardian of Equestria. I don't know why anyone would take issue with the simple idea of turning into something just because it wasn't human...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12