Timeloop Stories 450 members · 89 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Greetings to all of you!

I've noticed that we've got a load more members recently, so I thought I'd open a thread for anyone who wants to talk about time loop stories.

For me, time loops are an absolutely fascinating scenario. On the surface, there's the simple novelty of someone effectively acquiring a superpower, and the ways in which it can be exploited. There's also the novelty of seeing the same situation from many different angles, something which can't be done in any other kind of story. And if you go even deeper, there's the deep exploration of a character essentially isolated from existence.

I absolutely adore The Best Night Ever, and Hard Reset (and the entire Time Loop Trilogy) is also amazing.

star1wars3
Group Admin

1196227 I loved The Best Night Ever too as well as Eakin's time loop series. I've always like time travel and time loop stories a lot, they're just very interesting to me.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

One thing that interested me in creating a group was actually MLP Time Loops - a collection of stories which use the consequence-free nature of time loops to essentially muck around and have fun. I personally don't find the stories in that particularly entertaining - it's a bit too random - but I do love the idea of just taking a situation and going crazy with it. :)

star1wars3
Group Admin

1202959 I like that one as long as I'm in the mood for some random comedy but the lack of an overall plot is why I haven't read any updates for a long time now. The craziness is a fun part of time loops stories but I like when it's not the only thing there.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

I'd love to try to write one and maybe even collaborate on one, so if you're interested, let me know :) Something like the MLP Time Loops, but a little better structured so that the reader doesn't just get lost in out-of-context randomness. One thing I felt the MLP Time Loops missed was the familiarity of time loops. The main reason they're so fascinating is that they're NOT random - we know EXACTLY what will happen each time, and it's seeing that get messed up that's the fun part.

star1wars3
Group Admin

1210037 I'd like to give it a shot sometime though I'm not much of a writer or very good at actually sitting down and getting it done, as shown by my lack of a story on here despite having one in the works for months now :twilightsheepish:

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

I'm pretty much the same, I have a story that's been on hiatus for months because I refused to do any planning :)

star1wars3
Group Admin

1212940 I have some planning to do too since I know where I want it to go but nothing set in stone on how to get there. I'd still give it a shot if you'd like to sometime though, I think it'd be fun to try.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8