Humans are Superior 4,460 members · 1,250 stories
Comments ( 86 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 86

The theme turns from "humans are cool that they face the odds to beat strong opponents" to "a simple rifle can destroy equestria"

A lot of the readers enjoy power fantasies. Daydreaming about how an average dude like them could become a supercool badass that would make even alicorns tremble. Technology disparity is a good way to indulge in that fantasy, since our Technology is lightyears for advanced than Equestria (probably. There are a lot of outliers like Twilight's computer lab or Vinyl's turntable).

It's kinda like how iin GATE when the JSDF enters a fantasy world and dabs on the fantasy imperialists with tanks and rifles. Except here, arguably the ponies have a better chance to magic.

Same, I like stories where the enemy actually puts up a fight and keeps Humanity on the back foot like in Halo. For instance, if some space Humanity fights the Gem Empire from Steven Universe, I'd expect it to be pretty lopsided in the Gems' favor.

Who the fuck gave me a dislike for wanting more stories with a similar setup to Halo

Writing subtlety is hard.

True but there is a GATE fanfic that has the USA instead of Japan take control and it is interesting.

Also they do have magic but that doesn’t mean it is better than tech, but put some fight than that’s true.

Also yeah a fellow GATE fan

I personally prefer a avatar setup but without the jack sully plot

I feel like I'm one of the few people on here that sides with Sully because Imperialism is bad. Especially when you blow up a tree to get the rocks underneath not because there's any pressing need, but because you want to please the shareholders.

That said, I do want to someday make a plan quest where you play as the RDA and turn the Polyphemus moons into a crown jewel. Inside of me are 2 wolves, one supports the mineral rights of indigenous populations, the other wants Humanity to conquer the stars and all that.

Thought the plot point was that humanity was dying and needed that special material to survive

To be honest, I don't really see how. Sure it'll power spaceships and anti matter reactors, but it does nothing to help the vast majority of Humanity still trapped on Earth. I don't know if bringing Pandoran plant life to Earth will help either because they don't make the kind of atmosphere Humans breathe.

It's basically Chatoyance TCB at this point, but at least Humanity has Martian colonies. Which they will essentially need to build on Earth.

a halo hater probably?

Here's the thing tho. Those stories only fun when humans eventually wins in the end. Like halo. No one likes a story where their people is enslaved and had no hope in winning. I don't see what's wrong in having a power fantasy about humanity kicking ass for once.

No you can't you are either one side over the other plus it's NOT imperialism because one. The RDA is a corperation that was tasked by the human government to mine Pandora so that humanity could survive. Two. The RDA tried the peaceful route. The blue aliens are just too retarded to see that.

If you want to make a human space faring faction it needs to be some kind of one world government. A federation would be curbstomped by a truly united alien empire.

Did you see how in every sci Fi space war everyone is united under one world governments shit like they UNSC and the imperium of man hell the empire and the first order! A republic or anything similar will NEVER worked because everyone is different. And you can't make everyone happy

No one likes a story where their people is enslaved and had no hope in winning

No shit? I never suggested that?

I don't see what's wrong in having a power fantasy about humanity kicking ass for once.

They usually do by the third act. But I see your point if it was a short story or a novela with strong characterization. I don't know if I could read a 20 to 40 chapter long power fantasy.

My brother in Christ, if the roles were reversed you would cheer as the native Humans defeat the alien miners, ie independence day. You would be salty as fuck if there was a story where technologically advanced aliens defeat humanity & strip mine the Earth with impunity
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilcabamba_(short_story)

What the hell are you talking about? That's an interesting topic to be had but how did you get "Humanity needs a strong central govment" from "Man, the Earth in James Cameron's Avatar is fucked isn't it." That's a whole new sentence.

Wow, that is horribly anti democratic. But you are right, democracy can never defeat a united empire in wa- oh wait.

Oh well would you look at that, it turns out the so called mighty empire always gets defeated by the democracies, plus whatever the hell was going on in the Soviet Union.

Yeah it turns out you're full of shit, and that fascist authoritarian nations are way less functional than even the silliest Republic. Corruption, rule through fear, and cult of personalities actually seem to hinder a nation's capacity to fight wars. We're seeing this play out live in Eastern Europe.

There's also the fact that the Imperium, the Galactic Empire, and the First Order are really fucking incompetent. Especially since the latter two are plagued with rebellion, that's not the sign of an effective and united government.

It's very far fetch to call the third Reich a "united empire" plus you seem to forget that how during the first years of the second world war. They are still kicking ass.

Plus a united SPECIES are stronger than a united race.

You are correct if the roles were reversed I'd still stand with humanity because you know why? Because there is no other life form in this universe more important than human lives. The sooner you realize that the sooner we can colonize the moons of saturn

You know why the imperium of man still standing because those who are important knows the importance of staying united.

You know why the UNSC beats the covenant? Because the innies also realized that unity is more important than any other "alternatives"

Staying with your own people is not hypocritical my brother in humanity. That's just common sense.

Plus I bet you don't know that the third Reich actually gave the Allies a chance to save their captured Jews before everything.

They just says no. So there are 2 sides evils in the war.

Again you keep pulling what happened at the LATER years of their power. The empire was loved by everyone during their hay days. And you say that like republics could not be corrupted either. IE LITERALLY THE PREDECESSOR OF THE EMPIRE. So NO basic problems that ALL FORMS OF GOVERNMENTS facer could not be used in this argument.

Bet you don't know why the CIS was formed you fucking species traitor.

I'm not inherently disagreeing with you, I'm one of the idiots that live on this planet after all, I'm just saying some self awareness is needed.
The Imperium is too big to fail, and the UNSC was pretty much loosing the war. The only reason they survived was because the Covenant had a civil war.

I have a question, do you truly love all of Humanity or just a specific window? If you see massive groups of refugees headed to the country, do you demand the government aid them and/or the country they came from? When you see a a demographic of people being abused in their home state because of who they love and or want to be, do you get angry at that state for denying these people basic Human dignity?

Also, you don't have to make every response it's own post

First of all. The federation BEFORE the imperium is big. Probably bigger than the current imperium. But they fall. Not the imperium.

Second. The innies, the UNSC nickname for all the rebel scum actually tried to TALK WITH COVENANT FIRST BEFORE ALLYING THEMSELVES WITH THE UNSC. Nothing more to say about that

Thirdly yes I do love humanity for all it's glory because we are the only species able to do anything for the long term, I don't get mad because I have understanding, if a government helped a group of refugees, it's good of them but if they didn't you have to understand why, maybe their economy didn't allow them too, maybe their population is already high there is a lot of underlaying reasons in choosing NOT to help people

And finally pretty much the same one as above. Maybe if you get your head out of your ass for once you will see the current geopolitical situations and how the rest of the world sees the leftists in the state because for us. Y'all are fucking retards. I mean y'all go to Muslim countries and tried to protest how we do things and then bitch and moans on why we look at all of you and says "no thank you. You can go fuck yourself with that"

If that's too much for you. This sums up my last point perfectly.

https://youtube.com/shorts/xTRywiEnguo?si=JB3MQ3JrC_ZiGYCl

Well it looks like you took the safe road regarding these positions. Though regarding that last point, the west was just like the Muslim countries once, then over time it became more acceptable in parts of the US and the EU. So at some point it's going to become a big thing that people will have to listen too.
>Checks youtube channel
>The case for colonialism
Fucking bruh. Not even colonialism against aliens, but colonialism against fellow Human beings.

No not really. Because us Muslim is not as spineless as our cousins/rivals(the christians) we know what we believed in and stick with it. We don't change our holy book. Out holy book change us. And that's how religions is supposed to be.

I am fascinated on how the leftist raisin brains works. Y'all are so "inclusive" that y'all actually goes full circle in being EXCLUSIVE. That is just.... Fucking amazing. And y'all call us the fascist.

But still. A true unity is better than "independence" that's how the federation fall during the age of strife. And that's how the UNSC is able to slow down the covenant advance.

The Federation fell apart due to AI rebellion and the Eldar literally fucking the Warp.

I am fascinated on how the leftist raisin brains works. Y'all are so "inclusive" that y'all actually goes full circle in being EXCLUSIVE. That is just.... Fucking amazing. And y'all call us the fascist.

Depending on how things go, I feel like a United Human Empire would just force LGBT+ rights on you guys, and you'll have to deal with that. Like, if you join the United Human space navy, you might have a trans Superior officer from Western Europe.

'cause you know, this is supposed to be all of Humanity united in purpose, so it stands to reason that they would accept all Humans regardless of race, ethnicity, faith, and gender.

Yeah maybe a One World government isn't such a good idea after all, since you're more worried about preserving tradition in your own country. A one world government may consider such traditions backwards and in the way of United Humanity.

Yeah except for the fact that the AI rebellion otherwise known as the war against the men of iron lasted for such a short time it is not actually that much of a contributor to the fall of the federation, the main reasons for the falling of the federation? IS THE OPEN MINDEDNESS OF THE PEOPLE WHO EXCEPT PSYKERS AND CAUSED A DEAMONIC INVASION OF THE WORLDS OF MEN. THE PLANETS THAT SURVIVED ARE LITERALLY PLANETS THAT PERFORMED WITCH HUNTS AND ERADICATE PSYKERS WHERE EVER THEY POPPED OUT.

I see you forgot about penhellanism. The idea that people can be united even under different culture and religions? The idea that was popularize by Alexander the great?

But I understand why leftist retards like you don't know history. Either it was fictional history or actual history. That is the great weakness of y'all leftist. Y'all never considered about history. And the fact that we should probably learn from them.

The shit that the imperium actually does in the great crusade BEFORE the Horus heresy

One more thing. A united human empire would have a lot of things better to do rather than worrying about fucking gender problems. A united human empire probably had these problems solved already or other problems exceed it's importance over this bullshit

Like maybe uplifting certain populations, putting down some stubborn rebellions, making a sustainable economy, focusing on the advancements of science and technology.

This argument had also revealed another great weakness of the leftist. Y'all are selfish and only think about YOUR problems unless other people's problems effect you in some way

You're right, it would be solved. Because by the time a United Human Empire becomes a thing, the LGBTQ+ will probably have become so accepted and common place that nobody would give a shit. Because to do otherwise would be massively hypocritical for anyone that claims to be a Pan Humanist. Which you certainly aren't my boy. But that's fair, an actual united Humanity is very far off, and universal LGBT rights is a later problem.

This argument had also revealed another great weakness of the leftist. Y'all are selfish and only think about YOUR problems unless other people's problems effect you in some way

Being selfish is caring about the rights of gay people in other countries. That makes sense (it doesn't)

No. It would be solved because as medical technology advanced. The term "trans" is only for people who are actually trans like. Super soldiers and people who is augmented genetically and gender won't be such a big issue when you can just change everything everything about yourself. When you have an alien planet to conquer.

YES YOU ARE VERY FUCKING SELFISH. HAVE YOU EVER THINK ABOUT US?? THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE ON THE WORLD?

if you can't see the stupid shit you have done? Then you are just as a hypocrite as I am.

When you can chop off your hands and replace them with bionics, have artificial wombs to literally GROW a person, grow an organ from cells taken from said person, chemically change the bones and muscle density of a person change how a human body's works at the genetic levels. Trivial things like "gender" and "pronouns" won't be a problem anymore

And what you said. But mostly what I said.

I don't know what a "pan humanist" is but you are right I'm not.

I'm better.

IM A FUCKING HUMAN SUPREMACIST.

GLORY TO MANKIND DEATH TO ALL WHO TURNS THEIR BACKS ON HUMANITY.

> Human supremacist
> How dare you force us to accept the gays

YES YOU ARE VERY FUCKING SELFISH. HAVE YOU EVER THINK ABOUT US?? THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE ON THE WORLD?

Make sense dude. This is probably the exact same arguments they used to justify segregation

"Why won't you think of us whites who will be forced to share a space with blacks. You're really selfish if you don't respect our rights to take away other people's rights."

Go fuck yourself man. Gays are Human, which means they're better than aliens ergo they're equal to you. How can you call yourself a Human supremacist if you don't let gay people have the same rights as you?

Be a rainbow fascist at the very least, like the United Citizen's Federation. You think they have any issues with gay people? Of course not.

I never said that gays aren't human man get your head out of your ass for once. I'm just saying that you are fucking stupid and you can keep that stupidity for yourself we don't want that infection corrupting our youth.

You make that argument where some of your black people are preaching for segregation to isn't that a little hypocritical?

Rainbow fascist my ass. Do you really think the UCF had time to worry about gender and gay rights when they are

ACTIVELY FIGHTING A WAR OF SURVIVAL AGAINST BRAIN EATING ARACHNIDS?

Again your own selfishness and stupidity prove that you are just retarded.

Again I'm not saying they don't. But with their level of technology being able to bring people back to life and replace lost limbs with bionics and they fact that they have to fight bugs just to expand their territory probably leaves these retarded ass problems in the past.

Again you leftards using a good sci Fi universe as a platform for your own ideologies preach rather than liking the universe for the sake of the universe itself.

No wonder y'all are not allowed in most sci Fi subreddit

And then the insults. Ooh Soo bad

Why don't you find something better to call me you retarded ass fatherless leftard

Are you that much of a self centered asshole that you forgot the entire premise of starship troopers!?

These argument had actually caused me to lose braincells just don't reply. What ever it is you have to say is probably just as retarded as before

I can tell you are not a real sci Fi fan. You just wanted to use the multitude of sci fi universes as a platform to preach your retarded as ideology and here the massage me and the other real fans for sci Fi fandoms has for you

KEEP YOUR IRL BULLSHIT OUT OF OUR EPIC SCI FI GAMES.

YOU CAN LIKE OUR SHIT WE WILL WELCOME YOU BUT YOUR POLITICAL BULLSHIT STAYS AT THE DOOR

God, the idea of gay people existing makes you fucking angry doesn't it. What kind of Human supremacist gets so butt hurt over the fact that gay people would likely exist without fear of persecution in a United Human Empire?

Stay mad, it's funny.

These argument had actually caused me to lose braincells just don't reply

You never had them in the first place lmao.

KEEP YOUR IRL BULLSHIT OUT OF OUR EPIC SCI FI GAMES.

YOU CAN LIKE OUR SHIT WE WILL WELCOME YOU BUT YOUR POLITICAL BULLSHIT STAYS AT THE DOOR

How would you feel if you joined the mobile Infantry and had to serve under a gay guy? Because while the mobile Infantry doesn't give a shit, they aren't going to persecute them either.

Wow... You are actually retarded aren't ya? Well

I don't care that they exist. Leftard. What I do care

IS THAT THEY DRAG ALL THEIR IRL BULLSHIT IN MY SCI FI GAMES.

that is called common sense. Or not so common sense for leftards like you

You have never seen the "Warhammer is for everybody" twitter post have you?

Or the fall of the OG battletech subreddit?

You really are a fake fan. Just shut up dude I know you are not a real fan

They won't because it won't matter for them. Like I said MULTIPLE TIMES

in my arguments that when a bigger threat is on the horizon and or currently being faced.

Gay rights suddenly becomes less important and no one gives a shit who you wanna stick your pecker in.

When arachnids is tearing up your cities. And consuming the brains and flesh of the innocent!

Again showing how selfish and self centered you leftards are

You literally can't comprehend that you are not in the center of attention in a sci Fi universe

How does it important that if my CO is a gay guy? If he can shoot bugs, competent and doesn't treat me like cannon fodder (which most members of the MI usually is) I'd love to serve under him!!

Again I am astonished on how idiotic y'all are. All your arguments is practically trying to gaslight me and putting words in my mouth because that is the only effective argument for leftards isn't it?

I see you never even attempt to argue back.

All you did is insult me and try to push my buttons.

And THAT is sad. For the sake of both of us

SHUT THE FUCK UP. PICK UP THAT LASGUN AND GO CHARGE THAT BLOODTHIRSTER BEFORE I HAVE YOU EXECUTED FOR INSUBORDINATION

To sum up my argument since common sense had left your brain

I'm sure gay people exist in these universes. And I'm sure the government left the alone.

BUT THEY ARE NOT THAT IMPORTANT ARE THEY WHEN WE ARE TRYING TO FIGHT FOR OUR SURVIVAL

Keep whining yoy fucking cry baby. Y'all are so easy to trigger, I hope you haven't called anyone snow flakes recently.

You've done a really bad job saying you don't care about gay people, since you opened with saying they shouldn't try to force the issue in Southeast Asia. Which is why you're a shitty Human supremacist, a lot of you guys are shitty human supremacists.

And you just don't know what common sense means so you are not any better.

We don't fold for the minority like the west because we have this thing called a spine and common sense.

You don't see us preaching about religion and yelling allahuakhbar in the middle of town square do ya?

Again you didn't even try to argue you just insulted me again.

yes no issue should he forced in any place. Because that is just the same as forcing an idealogy in a country. It's the same fucking thing as forcing people into being straight. You are just a giant fucking hypocrite aren't ya?

Do you remember the last time the US tried to outlaw slavery? And the best part is... Abe didn't even tried to outlaw slavery.

A whole fucking civil war happened. Sure it works but how many people died?

Meanwhile in the UK they have outlawed slavery even BEFORE the US even think about doing the same.

Wait, let me get this straight? Are you saying that the United States shouldn't have even tried to ban slavery because it would cause a backlash?

Get the fuck over yourself man, prioritizing civility over progressing the human condition makes you the spineless coward. In the west, gays had to fight for decades in order to be seen as acceptable, you will never be as brave as those people.

The mindset your advocating is why they had to fight, why they show pride. Because otherwise they would be forced into the closet again.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 86