Humans are Superior 4,458 members · 1,248 stories
Comments ( 49 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 49

So among the first RP's for our new Nationstates RP forum is an alien Invasion story line. But first we need some aliens folks.

Overview:
An alien invasion has occurred. Most of the rest of the world has already fallen to the extraterrestrial aggressors. All that stands between humanity and enslavement is the Nations of HAS.

The Aliens:
Our Alien invaders are motivated by a desire to claim our world and its resources to expand their empire. Thus they seek to enslave and dominate humanity to serve as labour to strip mine the planet for resources. Their technology is modestly ahead of our meaning they have FTL travel but nothing like heavy shielding or huge laser phaser guns.
Also they want our women, because they're aliens. What a bunch of assholes.

So we will first need ideas for the aliens such as appearance, weapons, ships, ect.
Go nuts folks.

Sister thread on RP Forum

3486518 RP forum on nationstates? Care to link?

3486518 ACTIVATE THE XCOM PROGRAM! :twilightangry2:

a bit late for that now can we please have some ideas here people?

3486541 LAUNCH THE XENONAUGHTS PROGRAM!

3486533 Be serious.

3486518 Well we could rip off of some 50 sci fis

I know what to do....
Run, Maggots Run!:flutterrage: *(insert my screaming face here)*

3486644 You tell me to be serious and then consider ripping of 50s sci fis

3486648 You are not offering any help besides yelling alien defense games

Sangheili from Halo?

I suggest the aliens from Battle: Los Angeles.
They have tech that isn't much more advanced than ours and they don't just blast our cities from orbit, they actually go to ground and fight us man to xeno.

Alien Infantry:

Alien Air support/command vessels:

Alien Anti-tank:

Okay allow me to clarify.

Lower than the council races from Mass Effect and I don't want it to be a direct rip from any movie, show, game, or novel.

Our alien race has come from a resource depleted world and has a high birth rate. This leads them to want to conquer worlds to supply their society and more importantly their war machine. They rely upon superior numbers at the cost of survivability to the point where losing a million of their own troops in a battle is considered low casualties.

Okay something in that I like, stealing our creatures and mutating them into new weapons.
I think we're looking at an insectoid race now, high breeding population various forms of creature but more intelligent than say the tyranids.
I'm thinking like the Drones or Yanme'e from halo, only larger, meaner, and smarter.

3486855 How about: a big bug that has four segmented eyes, ballistic weaponry and direct-feed ammunition infused with their bodies, tough chitin armor plating with higher forms having metal armor, and communicate through clicks and chirps. They could have swarm-tactic air superiority, vast numbers, reckless soldiers hell-bent on exterminating us, and a tendency to explode when taken hostage. Their starships are large metal constructions that have few heavy armaments, and breeding decks instead of crew quarters. Quick-bred troopers are entirely reliant on a metal connection to an overseer, otherwise their bodies completely collapse into husks.

nice. we're getting close i feel.

Then we will need a name.

3486956 And also artwork. So name...Zarubesian? It's a bit of a modification of a Russian word for 'foreign.' They could be called Zabbies, or just bugs.

Nah... They're bugs. They just eat or enslave their prisoners.

That could work.

3487024 Home world being Zarubes (learned from an infil mission that failed catastrophically) or something.

Zarubes it is.

3487107 Awesome. Now if only we could find someone to draw our xenos for free, and do it well (I'm automatically excluded, because I'm not that good).

We're modern age.

Yeah what are the odds of that?

We do have over 1,000 members in the HaS. Either we wait 'till someone offer their services or commission the art for us.

I'm betting on the former.

3487460 Yeah, the odds are astronomical, unless one of us suddenly develops mad art skills.

Also, I haven't had any alcohol today!

Hwo advanced are the aliens? Also I think their blood might be somewhat harmful to humans, like maybe when it touches your skin it gives you boils that explodes blood all over? I don't know, but it does something.

3488204 There are no natural substances, barring bacterial or viral pathogens, that have that effect. Sorry for shooting you down so early.

How about causing an intense allergic reaction or hallucinations?

Gentlemen, our alien foes.

Zarubian

Homeworld: Zarubesneu

Physical appearance:
The standard Zarubian warrior possess four arms with four claws on each arm. Their triangular heads have four segmented eyes which see infared light. Their bodies havea tough chitin armor exoskeleton which is modestly effective against low caliber firearms and small arms fire. They are typically grey green in color.

Commanders will have much larger heads supporting a larger brain and thicker armor. Each Commander also has wings allowing for personal flight. They also possess venom filled stingers able to kill a fully grown human male in forty seconds.

Zarubian Queens are massive bloated creatures that do two things, produce offspring and eat. A single queen can lay over a thousand eggs in a single day which will hatch into new Zarubes creatures within 48 hours. All that is required is the input of fresh genetic material every few days or so.

Zarubian Infiltrators are the smallest Zarubian creatures. They are worm like in appearance and are deployed prior to an invasion to infest host victims to insite panic and confusion amongst enemy forces. The Infiltrators completely overwhelm the minds of their host victims wrapping themselves around the brain stem of host victims. They will also do this to local wildlife to produce terrifying weapons of war for the Zarubians. Infiltrators will seek to mate their hosts so as to create Zarubian Hybrids.

Zarubian Hybrids are the vanguard of the Zarubian forces terrifying cross breeds between the local populace the Zarubians themselves. They will seek to insite panic and chaos, attacking military targets and softening up a planets defenses for invasion. This usually begins several months after the initial deployment of Infiltrators as the hybrids grow to maturity in several weeks. After an invasion is successful all hybrids are willingly executed.

Interesting Biological notes:
Zarubian blood is known for having to reactions from humans. The first is an alergic reaction varying intensity but only occurs when said blood enters the body. The second is intense and vivid hallucinations.

All Zarubian creatures are born with weapons built into their body from assault weapons to anti-armor weaponry. They produce their own ammunition as well breaking down the minerals in food to produce ammunititon.

Technological Inforation:
All Zarubian technology from their guns to their ships is a fusion of artifical and organic material. On the one hand this has produced highly reliable technology, capable of self regeneration. On the other however it has limited them to what power they can produce organically. Only their very largest ships can achieve FTL speeds and they have a notable weakness for incendiary weaponry. Their weapons are limited to what they can launch with kinetic energy as energy weapons and shields would be to much of a drain on their resources.

Historical Information:
The Zarubians evolved on the once verdant jungle world Zarubesneu which has double normal gravity. They developed in a hyper evolutionary enviroment where every organism was killing or being killed by something else. The Zarubesneu became the apex predators of their world, eventually annhilating all other forms of life beyond themselves.

Rather than starve and become extinct the Zarubians set out on a path of galactic conquest laying waste to distant worlds and consuming their resources. It is unknown precisely how long they have been doing this or how many worlds they have claimed. What is known is that they have now set their sights upon our world.

The Zarubian invasion formally began nine months ago with devastating global attacks. Most nations fell within a few months of the invasions begining. All that stands now between the Zarubians and full conquest are the nations of the alliance known as HAS or Humans Are Superior.

The nations of HAS sucessfully prevented the devestation of their own military forces by Zarubian Hybrids and infiltrators. They are the last hope for the human race... Provided they don't blow themselves and the planet up.

What you need to play:

Your Country
Country name: (Link to nation states profile)
Map of Country: (Post or link image)
Overview of your country: (EIther link to factbook or post here)
Military Overview: (Link to factbook or post here information about your military forces. Take into account your defense score I used it to dictate how many combat ready divisions of troops I have. Should include weapons, vehicles, army size, navy size, airforces size.)

Your World Leader
Leader name:
Leader appearance:
Personality:
Leader History:

Your frontline person
Soldier's name and rank:
Branch of Service:
Soldier's appearance:
Personality:
History:
Equipment:

All posts must be several paragraphs in length.
I will be posting examples shortly.

Your Country
Country name: Kingdom of Alvia
Map of Country:
Overview of your country: Alvia is a proud, compassionate, and free nation. Fierce in the defensive of their rights and borders Alvia was born of outcasts and refugees coming together to oppose greater threats, united by the first King of Alvia, Issac of House Webster. Alvia is fairly modern despite still maintaining elements of feudalism and a monarchy that still maintains full executive power.
Military Overview: Main overview, Rangers, Levies

Your World Leader
Leader name: Andrew of House Webster, the first of his name, Lord and Sovereign of Alvia, Keeper of the Faith, and Defender of the People.

Leader appearance: Tall roughly six feet eight inches in height, slight build lightly tanned skin. Short cut dark brown hair and eyes, thin beard and mustache.

Personality: The King is known for being socially very withdrawn, many have had noted difficulty with getting him to come out of his shell beyond the odd witty remark. For those who know him well he is loyal if on occasion forgetful. At times he is jovial, easy going, quick with a joke. At times however there is an anxiety to him, a somber mood of melancholy, when the pressures of rule and what is expected of him weigh most heavily upon him.

Leader History: The second son of King Douglas and middle brother of King Tyler, Andrew was not expected to be King. For this reason he volunteered for service in the Alvian Rangers at fourteen and participated in several operations before the death of his father of a heart condition four years ago. With his older brother childless Andrew became heir apparent and was withdrawn to Alvia for safe keeping.

When his brother died while on campaign Andrew found himself thrust onto the throne, just in time for the beginning of the Zarubian invasion. He strongly believes the Zarubians had a hand in the death of his brother hoping to destabilize Alvia for invasion. He now prepares his people for all out war.

Your frontline person
Soldier's name and rank: Private First Class Dexter "Dex" Maxwell

Branch of Service: Alvian Regional Levies, Heartland forces.

Soldier's appearance: Average build, blonde hair and green eyes, crooked nose.

Personality: Nervous and jittery. Did not expect to actually have to go to war when he joined the Levies let alone against aliens.

History: The son of a blue collar auto industry worker, Dexter "Dex" Maxwell was born in Ashford roughly nineteen years ago. He went through the standard K-12 education with a fairly unremarkable record. At eighteen he by law signed up for service with a branch of the Alvian Military and went through basic training once more rather unremarkable.

However he had no sooner completed basic training than the Zarubian invasion began forcing him to remain in service along with all Levy forces. He is now awaiting his first deployment orders. Also he's really hoping that he doesn't die cause he meet this one nice girl in training, Amy and he's hoping that he lives long enough to start something.

Equipment: The Standard Lancer II assault rifle and M1911 pistol. Combat Knife and Grenades included.

3489265 Im confused were are we RPing at?
or is this just sign ups

3489369 We should probably RP on the forum because this is more of our Pony site. The other place we can do whatever we want.

3489465 Alright because he is confusing me

3489265 Ranger we should probably put our applications on the actual forum

Yeah.
From here on out everyone post it on the forum page.

Comment posted by Ranger24 deleted Jul 29th, 2014

Talk to kelly or wait this probably won't start for at least a week or more.

I am not part of the HAS region could I still participate?

hmmm... I'll need to think about it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 49