Fallout Equestria: World 1,108 members · 1,186 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

This is a story idea, that I might write later (once I have finished my current story) so I thought I would discuss it and see what you all think. Please forgive me if I don't convey the idea this well in this brief post. Just hang in there.:twilightsheepish:

Earlier I was asking if there were any stories that had a mutant pony or monster as the main character, only to learn that there weren't all that many that fit what I was looking for. Not Monster Mareish enough. So here is my idea. Please... don't hate me.:rainbowlaugh::fluttercry:

Character names also haven't been worked on as of yet.

The Idea:
Our story follows a mutated mare (name still in development) who is living in what remains of the Seaward Shoal. Here she scavenges for food as well as shiny objects for her home. Due to her monstrous appearance, this character is generally attack on sight by raiders and survivors alike.

On day, the mare returns home only to discover that it is no longer safe as raiders begin to make it into their new base. Now she must try to survive in the wasteland. However, in the wasteland it is near impossible to survive... alone.

As we follow her journey we learn more about her past, the history of the location and the factions around her.

The Protagonist
Aside from her not technically being a pony, our main character doesn't come from a Stable like most FoE main characters nor does she possess a PipBuck. It makes sense considering that she doesn't come from a Stable herself.

Due to her isolation from other ponies, she doesn't necessarily have the same name for things in the wasteland that other characters would. As far as she knows (at least at the start of the story), there is no difference between raiders and other ponies, they all generally yell and try to hurt her.

Instead of having standard perks like in most stories our main character gains mutations as she "levels up."

In my mind, her appearance is similar to that of a pony with rubbery skin, tendrils stretching her head all the way down her back to where her tail should be. Two horn like appendages rest on her head, possibly the result of a unicorn horn mutation and splitting in two. While she possesses some form of resistance to radiation, like all creatures in the wasteland she must avoid Blight as much as possible.

Other Characters
As she attempts to survive our mutant mare finds other ponies that eventually open up to her.

The first of these characters is an unicorn stallion, that she manages to from some raiders. This unicorn is here searching for his grandfather, who seemingly disappeared long ago, until a letter bearing his mark requested his grandson's presence on the island.

As our characters journey, they discover more documents possibly linking the grandfather to our mutant mare's awakening.

Mutation Origin
My thought is that, she may have been an experiment of some sort either from sometime before or after the bombs fell. That most of the other mutants perished long ago (or so it would seem), resulting in our protagonist learning about this world on her own.

History of the Location
One thought I had when pondering this world is, if Starlight Glimmer did in fact exist in the FoE universe what would happen to her philosophy? I was thinking that perhaps using the fear caused by the ever rising threat of Nuclear war, Starlight's cult of Sameness might actually have grown and that perhaps in order to evade the ever watching eyes of the government, Starlight moved the group to the Seaward Shoals.

Here Starlight tried to find ways of preserving the ways of Sameness in case the bombs fell (which they would). One thought I had for the origin of the mutant(s) (at least the ones that our main character is a part of) is that they might be the result of prewar experiments created by the Cult of Sameness, to serve as Apostles of Starlight's Vision in the new world.

Before the bombs fell, Starlight was able to negotiate for a stable, that her chosen followers were allowed to use (One possible thought is that Starlight might actually have been missing for the stables ceiling, but survived by becoming a ghoul).

Aside from one Stable, which belonged to the Cult, most of the other stables in the Seaward Shoals have fallen into disrepair.

The raiders in the area, strike the coastline from the various islands surrounding the Shoals.

Correlation with the Fallout Universe
Worldwise, I was thinking of using elements from Fallout 4's Far Harbor DLC and Fallout 3's Point Lookout DLC as a source of inspiration for the Seaward Shoals. I would also like to explore some of the more eldritch aspects of the Fallout universe (which have been explored a little in FoE) as well.

---

Well, there it is. Sorry for this giant wall of text. :twilightsheepish:

This is still an idea in development, so please be gentle.

I hope you like it. Feel free to offer some constructive feedback. :pinkiesmile:

dose it take place before or after little pip got out of the stable?

6741578 I'm having it take place either before or during the events of the original FoE (haven't decided yet), not that it should matter too much, as the story takes place in the Seaward Shoals, which is far from the areas explored in the original FoE. :pinkiesmile:

6742356 I hope that made sense. :twilightsheepish:

It does good luck on it :moustache:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6