Fallout Equestria: World 1,108 members · 1,186 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

What happened to the buffalo during and after the war?

That's a very good question. Some people like the idea of Stalliongrad from Fo:E The Last Sentinel,
but that's just one small population of buffalo who were soon almost completely wiped out.
Why are there no buffalo Stables? It's almost like Stable-Tec didn't want the buffalo TO SURVIVE THE BOMBS.

This is where my theory comes in:
We already know that Equestria offered bonds with griffons and buffalo to help out ponies in the war.
Griffons did whatever the hell they wanted,
and the Buffalo were said to have PLAYED NO MAJOR ROLE in the war!
Still, not letting an entire species survive the war you started just because they didn't help out much? Please.

What I think happened was the buffalo agreed with the contract with Equestria on their own terms. The ponies surpassed the limits they set in their own contract (because we're talking about the ponies here). The buffalo got pissed and revolted, ultimately losing. Then, for their acts of 'treachery', they had to sign away most of their land and were denied access to Stables. Finally, most buffalo were killed off in the radioactive mess that ponies caused.

There you go.

Still, what do you guys think happened between the buffalo and ponies that would deny the buffalo access to the Stables?

If I recall correctly, Scootaloo made specific mention of building a Stable to save the Buffalo (along with ones for the Griffons, Zebra, Donkeys, and other non-pony races of pre-war Equestria) in her pre-recorded "FUCK YOU" speech to the residents of Stable 03 in the original "Fallout Equestria" (though it was at some point during the absurdly long Canterlot chapter, so forgive me for not finding an exact quote) because unlike the actual Vault-Tec, the ponies in charge of Stable-Tec (i.e. the grown-up Cutie Mark Crusaders) had actual morals and was in fact trying to save as many lives as possible. So yeah, your theory of racism is shot dow by primary source canon (or whatever counts and primary canon in this crazy niche sub-fandom).

True but remember that we're talking about Stable 3 here.
How many finished Stables were built before the war ended?
Oh yeah,
Anything could have happened in that time period.
So, I think my theory is pretty sound.

Or, you could say:
My racism theory is back from the dead.

5510355 What are you trying to say by implying that that was stable 3? Surely out of 101 there could be one dedicated to all the misfits.

You have a great point. Someone said the same thing when I mentioned this to them.
So I said:
Maybe Stable-Tec looked past the stigmas created after the revolt and started to build a Stable for buffalo,
but it was never finished perhaps?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6