Straight Shipping 2,898 members · 6,634 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25

Up until this point, Friendship is Magic has largely avoided stories involving romance. (This is good for fanfic writers, because it becomes difficult to write TwiDash shipfics if both of them have canon boyfriends. You can do it, but you have to ignore certain elements.)

Rarity has been the only one to have exhibited hetero desires for a male: Prince Blueblood. (Which is the equivalent of craving cheese but eating expired Velveeta.)

After her only straight crush depicted on the show, Rarity hasn't shown any signs of heterosexuality. She still flirts with males, but that's more of a bargaining tool.

Spike has had several romantic fantasies about Rarity, but I think the writers have been shying away from that sub plot as of late.

I see Equestria Girls as a way to reinforce the "straight shipping" genre. The male to female ratio in the "human world" seems much healthier than in Equestria.

I mean, it's not like Equestria Girls will include the first lesbian kiss in a children's cartoon, right?

Right?

Congrats dude, you've made the only thread about equestria girls that has actual analysis and doesn't annoy me shitless.
It's time for a celebration

My eye is starting to twitch.

I know not everyone will agree with me on this, but I'm probably going to pretend that none of Equestria Girls is canon. I'm still not even sure I want to watch it, to be honest. :applejackunsure:

Vexy
Group Admin

This is all just more spice for shipfics in the fandom. This can only be a good thing. :trollestia:

The question is, is Twilight attracted to human males because she's a human female with a human libido, or would she still be physically attracted to human males if she were a pony? One would think her amorous desires would remain the same when changing forms.

If ponies are naturally attracted to humans, this is a real boon for the HIE shipfics. :twilightsmile::heart:

Vexy
Group Admin

It's certainly be interesting to see an aspect of xenophilia in MLP, and no doubt the HiE shippers would have a field day. :moustache: I'm still hearing rumours of this character being a canon character, so I'm pretty interested to see how this plays out.

I mean, Hasbro probably know what they're doing... right?

992681 Thank you

Edit: Oh no not you

Vexy
Group Admin

Be nice, Alex. :ajbemused:

992745 It's hard for me to be towards someone I have no kind words for. :raritydespair:

As it says on your user page, bronies are "the most weird, yet most creative fan-base there is to ever exist. Come on, you know we are."

I happen to agree with you and am striving to be as weird as possible. :pinkiesmile:

I take it you're not a fan of my stories? :duck:

To each his own; but I can't help but question why you would have no kind words for me. :rainbowhuh:

I have several 'kind' words for you. :rainbowkiss:

Affectionate, altruistic, amiable, amicable, beneficent, benevolent, benign, bounteous, charitable, clement, compassionate, congenial, considerate, cordial, courteous, eleemosynary, friendly, gentle, good-hearted, gracious, humane, humanitarian, indulgent, kindhearted, kindly, lenient, loving, mild, neighborly, obliging, philanthropic, propitious, softhearted, sympathetic, tenderhearted, thoughtful, tolerant, understanding.

Have a nice day! :twilightsmile::heart:

992803 I have never read your stories, because of that fic. It's just......how can somebody write stuff like that and still be sane? Stuff like that can make it hard for be to nice to others. I'm just unrealistic that way.

Sorry.

Thank you for being so understanding. :heart:

Vexy
Group Admin

I quite enjoy a lot of your fics. Until that watersports one. I felt shamed that I had to miss that one out, but that kind of stuff ain't my thing.

It's not canon. It's been stated that it's extra-canonical by people from the show.

Hey, I hate clop to and me and Bronystories get along just fine.

992834 "Clop"? I hate grimdark, not clop. I don't mind clop, because I sometimes do, but I have a never-ending hate towards grimdark.

While I can respect your opinion, let me just say this:

Case in point:

No.

Dark is cool, I quite like it because it gives a more story more maturity, but grimdark is something entirly different. Grimdark is unsettlingly dark, with blood and gore and over-the-top dieing. And it's boring, if there gonna die, let them die, not torture them to death, innocent lives don't deserve this.

Also

...Oh, for fuck's sake; not another EqG topic...

So uh.. is the blue-haired guy an analogue for Soarin?

Actually, I think his pony name is Flash Sentry.

I hear his sister has huge tits.

Oh hey, SGR! Long time, no vitriol.

But seriously, how's it hanging? :duck:

Long and metallic, same as always.

Seriously, though, this whole situation is like a terrier with a chew toy.

I just love that gif for some reason.
The way Vinyl Scratch dances along with the beat. :twilightsmile::pinkiesmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25