Straight Shipping 2,899 members · 6,638 stories
Comments ( 76 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 76

So I got to thinking (something that I don't do nearly as much as I should) and I thought about my post previously about your favorite Spike ship.

But why end there? So I thought, why don't I do this every now and again? And I will. So today, I ask you: What is your favorite Big Mac ship?

Mine is

Broken
Group Admin

Yes! Mine too.

I dunno why some people seem to hate FlutterMac. Maybe because it's mainstream? :rainbowhuh:

I still think they look so good together, and their personalities (if Mac truly has the strong and serious personality the fandom gave him), would fit perfectly. :pinkiehappy:

My favorite Big Mac/Mane 6 ships in order:

#1 FAVORITE: :yay::eeyup:
2nd Place: :twilightsmile::eeyup:
3rd Place: :rainbowkiss::eeyup:
4th Place: :duck::eeyup:
5th Place: :pinkiehappy::eeyup:
Least Favorite: :ajsmug::eeyup:

969978 Best ship EVER!!!!!

969993 Same, except switch Twi and Dash, and Rarity and Pinkie

970055 I said favorite ship. This doesn't count.

970079 I am not counting that. (I don't count incest, for obvious reasons) What is your second favorite Mac ship then?

Vexy
Group Admin

I think their personalities don't match too well, in my personal opinion. From what little we see of him we can deduce that Big Macintosh has a strong work ethic. He's quiet and serious, only speaking when something needs to be spoken, and I feel that these are traits that wouldn't really fit with Fluttershy. All I can really say about him that Fluttershy might like is that he's as quiet as her, and he could potentially be a really sweet guy.

But that's assuming that Big Macintosh is quiet and sweet, rather than quiet and apathetic. Personally I think the fandom were only eager to ship them because they're so quiet that they could easily be harbouring feelings for each other in the show, and the viewers would have no idea.

In my personal opinion, I think Big Mac's personality fits a lot more with Applejack. Unfortunately the two are siblings which means it's difficult to find a good shipfic about them (*cough* empty incest shipping folder *cough*) as all the top shipping writers are uninterested in incest.

So, back on topic. My favorite Big Mac shipping: I'm not actually a huge fan of shipping him in general, but if I were pressed for a list, it would likely be as follows:

1. :eeyup::ajsmug:
2. :eeyup::twilightsheepish:
3. :eeyup::rainbowkiss:
4. :eeyup::pinkiesmile:
5. :eeyup::fluttershysad:
6. :eeyup::duck:

Sorry, Rarity, but the only pony you're more incompatible with is R63 Big Mac. :derpytongue2:

970082 Well fine.

:rainbowwild::eeyup: Because they're perfect foils for one another.

970088 TwiMac. Cool choice (It doesn't have to JUST be between the mane 6)

Oh, and I think FlutterMac works well is more because of their personalities rather than their traits fit well together. Both quiet, level-headed, calm and both prefer take things slow rather than rush things. She also deserves a strong lover that can protect her.

970091 MacDash. Nice. :heart: (Second favorite)

Vexy
Group Admin

Let him have his opinion, Alexander :rainbowlaugh:

After all, AppleMac is OTP...

Yeah, but other than the mane 6 is pretty boring.

Unless you count Apple Bloom. But people would hate me for relishing both Incest and Foalcon... :trollestia:

970112 Sorry, but I cannot count incest for shipping. It's just...wrong. Nothing good can come from it.

970112 Cannot argue there (Thought there is CheeriMac)

She also deserves a strong lover that can protect her.

Tell that to Jake Roberts. :ajbemused:

970124 I'm never gonna get along with a guy like him

I occasionaly like to bust his chops once in a while.:duck:

But yeah...there is a lot of FlutterMac haters out there.:ajbemused:

Broken
Group Admin

Yup! That's what I'm counting on Fandom Mac instead of Canon Mac, because we don't have much about him on the canon side.

Still, I dunno why I like them together so much... :rainbowhuh:

It's weird, and I think that Mac and Twi are so strange together. I blame the colors. :eeyup:

Vexy
Group Admin

Every time I talk to him, I'm always conscious I'm going to end up in a heated argument with him. I can understand his views, but they're pretty much opposites to my own. He made a group called Intelligent Shipping Discussion in which I read some interesting insights into people's shipping preferences, although I rarely take part in them. In fact the one time I did the thread derailed and ended up talking about Spike's age. :rainbowlaugh: Yeah I stopped trying to discuss after that. I much prefer hearing other people's opinions, anyway.

970153 TASTE THE RAINBOW, MOTHERB*CKER (Don't ask)

970158 We shall see

Oh...I think I remember that.
What was the thread about originally?

Vexy
Group Admin

We shall see something? Forgive me, but unless you're implying I'm going to end up in a heated debate with him then I don't know what you're trying to say. :rainbowlaugh: I hope I don't get into a debate with him; he seems like a argumentably capable guy, and I am most certainly not. :facehoof:

I believe it was the Supposed Sibling Substitution thread. Before I commented the topic was on Rarity's sexuality, and afterwards it was Spike's age. :trollestia:

970187 Rarity is straight. This is canon. I have proof. It is on the show. (Bloody Rarijack)

Vexy
Group Admin

While sexualities are not set in stone, there's certainly more evidence to show that Rarity is interested in the opposite sex than most other main characters.

Oh, I believed Jake wanted to know if the reason people support RariMac is because they actually like RariJack but they want an excuse to make Rarity straight.

And the reason people supports Sweetie Belle/Spike is because they actually like Sparity but are not comfortable with the age difference.

That's what the thread was originally about.

Vexy
Group Admin

Yep, which is what my comment was trying to convey. Unfortunately, the thread derailed. No one even replied to my comment. I'm not even sure if anyone even read it. :rainbowlaugh:

Broken
Group Admin

*can you please refrain from using that meme?*

970198 Calm down, Black Rock Shooter, I'll stop :pinkiegasp:

970191 Exactly :ajsmug:

I read it...but it got lost when the thread derailed.

Broken
Group Admin

Insane Black Rock Shooter would never get along with Rainbow Dash. Then again she would never get along with any pony, or any living being at all.

I need to buy some new color palletes for my brain too. :rainbowlaugh:

Vexy
Group Admin

Mmm, it got lost in the whole "I hate Spike" debate.

I really need to write a blog that I can link every time I want to deliver my arguments on why I like Spike. :rainbowlaugh: It saddens me that some people have characters whom they actively dislike.

I should also write a blog on how I believe that the mane 6 make up a single person - that everyone is different by having a different combination of traits or flaws of each of the main characters.

Mmm, I have so many opinions that I never share. I'm not a huge fan of forcing my opinion on someone else unless they actually show interest in hearing it. And most people don't. My thoughts drift off to those "What's your [least] favorite ship" threads in which everyone answers a rollcall, often in two word answers (Y x Z) and nobody actually bothers to read / comment on them, besides the "Oh, I [don't] like that one, as well!"

I much prefer writing comments that are far too long for their own good. It means I can exercise my fingers when I'm not writing a fic. :trollestia:

Did you actually go to Jake Robert's profile and asked him if he hates FlutterMac?

:ajbemused:

Because if you did I have an interesting blog post you should read.:trixieshiftleft:
FlutterMac

Broken
Group Admin

970242 970253
Well, that's his opinion. Then we can just keep with the yuri pairings bacause we need to ship characters with screen time? Or because we need to know the full in-depth personality traits to put the characters into romantic relationships? :ajbemused:

Well, that does not explain much. I still think he does not like it because he's more fan of yuri pairings than straight pairings and I can't hate him bacause of preferences. ::applejackunsure:

970277 True. But jeeezz is there any straight pairing he likes?

Anyways...back on topic.

Any Big Mac/non-mane 6 ships that you support?

Broken
Group Admin

Probably not... :applejackconfused:

970295 Well boo-sucks to him then :applejackunsure:

970291 CheeriMac. Probably second favorite Mac ship. :heart:

I don't have a favorite Big Mac/non-mane6 pairing.:applejackunsure:

I'm not a big fan of CheeriMac because I feel it's cliché.
But I still support it.

970309 I thought mane6/mane6 is cliche

I agree...but at least it hasn't been done on the show.:rainbowwild:

970322 Who cares. Is Shining Armor X Cadence cliche'?

970325 How? They're married. It's not really cliche, it's love. Difference.

Because we didn't know a thing about them until we suddenly hear word of their marriage, plus it is the most common Shining Armor and Cadence pairing on this site. In fact Shining is most commonly paired up with either Cadence or Twilight (eww...)

970339 There were engaged.

If that was cliche then marriage is cliche (And that's just stupid)]

F*ck Twilight X Shining

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 76