Straight Shipping 2,898 members · 6,635 stories
Comments ( 26 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 26

My idea involves the Rule 63 ponies when they meet the mane 6 and become friends and they fall in love NOT to there counter parts but to 6 other mares.

Vexy
Group Admin

An interesting premise... Who do you think should be paired with who? :moustache:

My own rule 63 idea was actually completely non-romantic when I thought it up. It follows Twilight Sparkle as one of her spells goes wrong, and the male versions of the mane 6 appear in Ponyville from another Equestria. After some mild confusion, Twilight works on a spell to get them all back. While everypony seems fine with this agenda, Twilight finds her own counterpart to be inexplicably obnoxious, and she's not sure how much more of this she can take.

It takes on the style very similar to an actual episode, although I wasn't sure whether I wanted to include any actual romance in it.

Well, best I can remember there names or I'll put just rule 63 and there name

Rainbow Blitz: Lightning Dust
Elusive: Octavia
Applejack: Carrot Top
Rule 63 Pinkie: Vinyl Scratch
Rule 63 Fluttershy: Spitfire
Dusk Shine: Luna

Yea, these are just mine but I'm sure other people may change some of them.

Vexy
Group Admin

Interesting choices.

I believe the mane6 are as follows (although I'm a little wary of Aj's...):

Rarity = Elusive
Twilight Sparkle = Dusk Shine
Rainbow Dash = Rainbow Blitz
Applejack = Applebuck
Pinkie Pie = Bubble Berry
Fluttershy = Butterscotch

You're borderline crack ships there, besides Luna and Dusk Shine. Rainbow Blitz and Lightning Dust would be interesting to see, though... :moustache:

949571 Well, they are just ideas, and those are the only background mares I remember from the show and some others.

Vexy
Group Admin

949571>>949605

Oops, Applebuck is Rule 63 Apple Bloom :facehoof:

949614 Me, I feel like calling the rule 63 of Applejack just Jack. Funny to me but I don't know to others. And it's easy to guess why.

Vexy
Group Admin

All it takes is a simple google search. :derpytongue2:

I just had the idea of Big Mac secretly dressing up as his sister, like he did in the Magic Duel episode, but I think I have enough ideas taking the mick out of Big Mac... poor little guy

I think Butterscotch and Rainbow Dash would make a good couple:twilightsmile:

Vexy
Group Admin

This is one I can actually get behind! :rainbowkiss: I think I'd also go with Rainbow Blitz and Applejack.

Unfortunately Spike can't get with any of the r63 mane six... a pity. :duck:

949494 Okay, this plan sounds fun. If you want to go 'episode style' I'd be inclined against any serious romance. I think the premise of having a 63'd version of the character that does things just slightly differently from the normal version to the point that they start grating on each other's nerve sounds like a fun story.

As for the OP:the crux of it is not slipping into a whole mess of cliches. Done well, (by 'well', I mean all guys ship with Twilight and Dusk gets all the mares) it would be fun to read. Though, if you're going for a full on 'ship all of the mane 6' story, I'd really prefer it to take its time to develop the various relationships with the male counterparts. My biggest fear about that kind of story is seeing it turn out to be "Oh look, a male version of [Insert Pony]! Now I can act on my repressed romantic and sexual feelings for her without it being weird!"

Rainbow Blitz: Lightning Dust

Sorry, but if Rainbow Blitz has met his world's LD, I just can't ever see him falling for LD.

Blitz I could see flirting with Spitfire or even Luna or Celestia. Then again... Blitz and normal AJ and/or Twilight would be fine for me too. :rainbowwild:

Elusive: Octavia

Approved.

Applejack: Carrot Top

That would depend entirely on how you characterize Carrot Top/Golden Harvest. Personally I'd prefer something a little spicier for AJ. If I'm gonna get behind an AJ ship, it needs something to play off AJ's general lack of heavy quirks. I like seeing AJ paired up with somepony that will shake the boat.

Rule 63 Pinkie: Vinyl Scratch

I believe "Bubble Berry" is the common Pinkie R63 name. Again, this would wholly depend on VS's character. Standard fannon Vinyl seems more like too much of the same paired with a Pinkie colt. Both are too laid back to have any real tension so the ship wouldn't too interesting to read, imo. Pinkie/BB is like the opposite of AJ for shipping. Pinkie ships, for me at least, work best when the partner actually has to deal with her antics instead of just going with the flow.

Rule 63 Fluttershy: Spitfire

Going off OCAA's names, this would be Butterscotch. Not a fan of this one either really. Flutters is just way too timid for Spitfire and there's no real connection like you'd have when pairing her with her friends. Spitfire just strikes me as a very, very assertive pony; you know, the opposite of Fluttershy. Shy would just end up a door mat to Spitfire.

I vote Butterscotch goes with Rarity.

Dusk Shine: Luna

Total approval.

Vexy
Group Admin

Thanks for the thoughts! :rainbowkiss:

949678 It is just an idea, I kind of have no plans on doing it.:eeyup:

949712 :twilightsmile: If ya get around to writing that at some point, I'd love to help.

949731 I thought voicing our opinions on the premise was the point of the thread. :rainbowhuh:

Vexy
Group Admin

I'll message you if I start planning out the plotline.

And yeah, I think he was suggesting it to inspire other people to write one. Personally, I have noticed a distinct lack of Rule 63 shipping in the group (my own r63 fic wouldn't be applicable to this group), and I'd like to see more. That said, I always like seeing more fics.

949797 I think a lack of R63 straight stuff is because everyone seems to love selfcest, especially with R63 involved.

Vexy
Group Admin

That's kinda straight... I guess? :unsuresweetie:

949821 Yeah, I might not have thought that last part out too well.:twilightblush:

949843 Its OK. Science has proven it is only masturbation. :twilightsmile:

Vexy
Group Admin

Keep it SFW, you :rainbowlaugh:

Oni

Rarity = Elusive

Twilight Sparkle = Dusk Shine

Rainbow Dash = Rainbow Blitz

Applejack = Applejack (it's Bi-gender)

Pinkie Pie = Bubble Berry

Fluttershy = Butterscotch (although butterscotch isn't an anagram for shutterfly.)

and i agree, although selfcest is fine. variety is the spice of life.

Vexy
Group Admin

I've seen it as bi-gender. It seems a little boring, but I'll roll with it. As I said previously, Applebuck is rule63 Apple Bloom. :twilightsmile:

Oni

950027 i know.

Theres actually a story were 3 of the mane 6 are stallions and they try to date the 3 mares to settle a bet
null

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 26