Straight Shipping 2,898 members · 6,634 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Vexy
Group Admin

The realization recently struck me that we have OC folders designed for original characters, but where would Second Person fictions reside? Would you as a character count as an original character, or do you think that second person fictions should be segregated from the other narrative modes?

Thoughts? :moustache:

948755 Hmm...

If its 2nd person as an OC, I see that as OC folder.

If its 2nd person as an actual character, I can still see that as shipping.

Vexy
Group Admin

I don't think I've read any second person fics involving you being an unoriginal character. Usually you're just... you. So I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

Elaborate? :duck:

948803 If the 2nd person fic is 'you', this would count as an OC, since 'you' are not part of the MLP FiM cast, background or otherwise, you would be considered an OC.

Vexy
Group Admin

Mmm, this is what I first thought, but I wasn't sure whether people wanted 2nd person segregated from other narrative modes. :moustache:

948825 Nah this doesn't need a 2nd person ship folder. Too unneeded.

948768 948825 948828 I'd have to agree with Alexander. At this point, we don't need a separate folder for 2nd person.

Broken
Group Admin

Let's separate it. There a bunch of good AnonxPony fics out there, and they are really different from the normal OC third person stories. I think they deserve not only a folder but two: One for mature stories and another for teen/everyone stories. :raritywink:

Vexy
Group Admin

I wish more people gave their opinion. As of current you're the only person to suggest separating them, Black Cloud :rainbowlaugh:

Broken
Group Admin

Don't worry, they will eventually get to it. Maybe they are thinking this is some kind of admin only thred, because just us commented here! :rainbowlaugh:

Segregated.

Vexy
Group Admin

Thanks for the opinion! :rainbowkiss:

Forums are so quiet at the moment. I'm going to have to post a hugely controversial forum post in order to spark debate.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14