Straight Shipping 2,899 members · 6,638 stories
Comments ( 63 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 63

Might as well ask this since it is inevitable...

What is your favorite straight (M/F) pairing?
And why?

I'll start first:
Mine is Fluttermac:yay::eeyup:
They look so cute together and Fluttershy needs a REAL stallion that will be happy to comfort her (NOT protecting mind you, because I'm sure if you push her, she can handle her own in a fight:flutterrage:) and to remind her that someone does care for her.

891035 Any male being X Gilda, sick of how she and Rainbow are the goto lesbians. Bronies love that tomboy = lesbian stereotype.

I also have a keen like for Luna X Discord

I'd be more inclined to say Dashmac. :rainbowdetermined2::eeyup:

The loud, boisterous pegasus and the quiet, reserved earth pony? Well, they do say that opposites attract.

Vexy
Group Admin

It seems I was beaten to posting this thread.

Personally I love any straight Dash fics. :rainbowkiss: I've no idea why, but seeing a story where she's shipped with a mare really grates with me and usually impeeds on my enjoyment of the fic.

SoarinDash:rainbowdetermined2:

Don't know why, they seem awesome together, and Dash may want a stallion that can keep up with her.

Mine is a toss up between :eeyup: x:yay: and:moustache: x:applecry:

Vexy
Group Admin

I'm not as big a fan of SoarDash as I used to be. I've found I'm really into crack ships.

Spike and Apple Bloom was always a ship I enjoyed, although I don't know of many good ones. I still remember The Descendant's almost-shipfic for that pair, which was really well written.

I enjoy DashMac, although I was never really a fan of the whole opposite's attract deal. I think I'd prefer to see Dash x Thunderlane and Mac x Twilight. Although I can only recall one fic I've read which was a dedicated TwiMac.

I agree with this comment wholeheartedly, although I haven't ready any GIlda shipfics. Do you think you could recommend me some?

Love the chart...

Fancy Pants is currently with somepony else...:raritycry:
I have no idea if Pinkie/Pokey can work out.
Who is that stallion with Twilight?
Carmel could use some improvement in his love life (poor unlucky guy)
SoarinDash could work.
FlutterLane? I never knew that pairing existed!

My chart would look like this:
Rarity -> (haven't shipped Rarity with anyone yet, maybe Spike)
Pinkie -> (haven't shipped Pinkie with anyone yet, maybe Braeburn or Caramel)
Twilight -> Time Turner
Applejack -> Soarin
Dash -> (haven't shipped Dash with anyone yet, did have a crush on Soarin and will sometimes have one-night stands with Big Mac)
Fluttershy -> Big Mac

891128 That's Comet Tail with Twi

Hm:applejackunsure:...never heard of him.
Who is he?

Ahem...

RarityXPokey Pierce

Blueblood X any mare

Big Mac X Twilight or Rainbow Dash

Twilight X any stallion

891139 He is some background pony that appeared beside Twilight in that one episode where Applejack never comes back to Ponyville. No I don't remember the name of it.

Vexy
Group Admin
Vexy #13 · Apr 18th, 2013 · · 1 ·

Hmm, I'd probably go for :

Twi x Big Mac
Apple x Caramel
Rarity x Lane
Flutter x Garble
Dash x Spike
And I have no idea for Pinkie.

Vexy
Group Admin

He has a speaking line!

Mmm, that voice :rainbowkiss: I can see why Twilight would fall for him.

Who's Garble?

Vexy
Group Admin

:fluttercry:

You didn't read the front page of the group? :raritycry:

Oh...that's right, Garble the Dragon:pinkiegasp:
I did read the front page...I just forget the dragon's name. (sorry).:twilightsheepish:

Wait...Fluttershy and a dragon?:rainbowhuh:
Wow...never knew she was into these kinds of things.:rainbowderp:

Vexy
Group Admin

I'm determined to write a fic about it. So much potential for d'aww and diabetes. :yay:

I get enough d'aww and diabietes from FlutterMac.:yay::eeyup:

Its a toss up for me between Twilight/Shining, BigMac/AJ, and Spike/Applebloom...

Can I love them all equally? :twilightsheepish:

Vexy
Group Admin

I like shippings which will never happen in canon. A lot harder to pull off successfully. It's the main reason why I despise Rarity: not only is it really easy to pull of a ship with Spike, but also she's the one character who's relationship with Spike needs to be addressed when writing any other Spike shipping.

Which irritates me to no avail :rainbowlaugh:

Still, I like to read the shipping itself. When executed well, it's a pretty nice ship.:raritystarry:

Vexy
Group Admin

Never seen a platonic incest fic before, and the only incest idea I have on my list is that the characters aren't related. :ajsmug:

891301 Oh. Was the context of the thread platonic couples? :twilightoops:

Then I guess I default to Applebloom/Spike.

Either FlutterMac or SoarDash. :heart:

To me, these ships go so well together. It's hard to decide between the two. :applecry:

Honestly, I like all F/M ships except incest ships and Spike X Twilight (Yuck! :pinkiesick:)

Vexy
Group Admin

Thread lacks [MATURE] tag. Tut tut, Neo, you're supposed to be an admin! :raritywink:

Although, just to be sneaky, I'll say I do like Aj/Mac but not TwiShining. I'm sorry, but if Shining Armor decided to divorce his wife, there's plenty of better gals to pick then Twilight. I mean start with Applejack and work your way through 'em, I'd say
:trollestia:

I'm going to write a Spilight and dedicate it to you. :trollestia:

You better not :ajbemused: Incest is not cool

Vexy
Group Admin

But it's Spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike... :fluttershysad:

Hear that magical harp at the end there? That's the sound of a thousand keyboards radically being beaten to death by obsessive shippers.

And? Hate that ship. They're like brother and sister!

Vexy
Group Admin

AND!?

Spilight is DA BEST SHIP EVAAAAA :flutterrage: and I'm going to dedicate one I write to you. You can't stop me :trollestia:

891363 I haven't seen that one before.

Whats the usual premise or plot? :twilightsmile:

Vexy
Group Admin

Interesting pair. I've always liked Chrysalis x Discord or King Sombra. Ahh the things villains could do if they teamed up.

What Equestria needs is a League of Supervillains. :scootangel:

Vexy
Group Admin

League of Super Evil! That was the cartoon I was thinking of! :rainbowlaugh:

It's been a long time since I watched a cartoon for little children boys.

Thunderlane x Derpy
Caramel x Twilight
Caramel x Rainbow Dash
Spike x Applejack
Braeburn x Just about anypony

......odd choices. Why Caramel X Rainbow Dash?

Vexy
Group Admin

891408>>891399

Caramel's a playa.

I'm surprised you don't ship Davenport, Garbo :moustache:

I do, and I thought about posting my favoties of those, but heald them back for reasons having to do with nobody knowing who Davenport is unless they know me. But since you asked:
Davenport x Lily (that's my go-to-pairing because as-yet unpublished events in this story)
Davenport x Rarity
Davenport x Twilight
Davenport x Applejack
Davenport x Cloud Kicker
Davenport x Rainbow Dash
Davenport x Derpy
Davenport x Cadence
Davenport x Mayor Mare
... And basically every other mare in ponyville. Davenport gets all the bitches. The main reason being that my head canon typcasts him as a player - a lot like Chengar Qordath's depiciton of Cloud Kicker. And Believe you me, I have scenarios that lead up to all of these happening, and then some.

Vexy
Group Admin

I knew who Davenport was before I found you, but only because I was looking for male stallions to ship with, so I looked up the character list on mlp.wikia

Davenport was one that caught my eye because the train station I get off at for college is called Davenport. :rainbowlaugh:

891035 To be honest, I have no clue.

891451 Sir. You have blown my mind with your indepth shipping knowledge. /salute

Spike with just about any mare. :moustache: The reason is I can more relate with Spike than any other character. I especially like the following pairings:
Spike x Rarity
Spike x Sweetiebelle
Spike x Applebloom
Spike x Twilight
Spike x Applejack

891284 I haven't read any Twilight x Shining Armor, but I definitely can see myself being into that pairing.:twilightsmile:

Vexy
Group Admin

YES! :rainbowkiss: You are the best person - ever! :rainbowkiss: I love Spike x anypony. :moustache:

TwilightShining? Ewwww, it's AjMac all the way :rainbowkiss:

Every ship is best ship, amirite?

But Spike shipping is slightly better :raritywink:

892003 Not really since I hate Spike, guess I'll go with Rumble X Scootaloo.

Vexy
Group Admin

y u no luv Spike ships? :pinkiesad2:

But Rumble x Scoots is pretty epic :rainbowkiss:

892023:pinkiegasp: I disagree, Spike is awesome. Rumble and Scootaloo do make a cute couple though.:scootangel:

That's an awesome chart you got there. Every main character fits perfectly for each background character ; they really do need some attention for this fanbase. I'm also curious where did you find that chart.:pinkiehappy:

I really love that CometTwi pairing, they are so cute together.:pinkiesmile:
I discovered that pairing back in Deviantart.com the other day, and wow, how adorable they are when they are together:twilightsmile:.

I read one CometTwi fanfic in this website, and I think it is the only good one that exist for this shipping pair. You can ask me anytime if you want to read it. :raritywink:

P.S. Can you tell me why FlutterLane and CaramelJack, please? I have a feeling about how they are in common for each other.

Broken
Group Admin

I'm really sad because you guys could join in a heated discussion while I had to spend my afternoon cooped inside a dammed office! :ajbemused:

Why life is so unfair!!! :flutterrage:

Well, my favorite straight shipping is Cadence and Shining Armor. If foalcon is permitted, Spike and Sweetie Belle, all thanks to The Sweetest Gem, and to Vexy for sending me a link to that story. :pinkiehappy:

892281 That differs from every person's liking, but I still agree on the Scoots and Rumble part :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 63