Straight Shipping 2,898 members · 6,634 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
Vexy
Group Admin

I have now activated the folders. Anyone of any rank can post there. Please don't go too crazy; I'm not eager to see everyone's notifications box suddenly fill up to a 100. If you want to add some fics, add your favorites and, of course, add your own!

But please be sure to only add each fic to ONE FOLDER ONLY. :pinkiecrazy: Otherwise Pinkie will come for you...

Now for more formal business: the future of the group.

I will likely go back and tweak the banner (minor adjustments: altering the gradient background, changing the opacity of Shining Armor and Cadence, possibly reducing them in size a little to fit more of Shining Armor's mane in (Damn how I love that mane...))

I've got a decent description up, but still very brief rules. I will be removing the rules from the front page soon and, instead, post them as links. If you want to suggest any ideas for the rules, be sure to send me a PM, and I will be sure to add them to the post.

At the time of posting this group has 15 folders. I'm not sure whether this is too much or too little. It organizes and categorizes pretty much everything I can imagine the average user wanting to find, esp. by segregating shipfics and clopfics, but I find myself questioning my own organization skills.
I'm certainly no Twilight.

Finally, I just wanted to point out the fact that both mature and non-mature fictions are allowed in this group. This bothers me slightly because I know there are some people who enjoy clopfics and there are some who actively avoid them. I was concerned the clash of variation might carry over into the forums so I decided to implement these two rules and emphasize them particularly:

-All threads involving explicit fiction, images and / or links but have [MATURE] written in it's title.
-Explicit material must not be shared or discussed in threads without this tag. This is as much for me to keep on top of threads as it is for users to avoid undesirable threads.

C'mon Knighty, let us mark forum threads as NSFW...

Well, I think that's about it. If anyone wants to suggest an idea or raise a concern, now would be a good time for me to hear it.

Thank you for your time, and I hope you all enjoy the time you spend in the Straight Shipping group in Fimfiction! :yay:

-Vexy

Edit: Alright, I was looking and apparently it will show a check-mark next to a story if its already been added.

Although, I don't know what happens if two people try to add at same time to different folders.
(probably will never happen)

Broken
Group Admin

Don't worry, I will be monitoring them and putting them in the right folders. But I will make forum threads if I find anything wrong and warn the members to look carefully before posting them in the folders. My box is currently flooding with infinite notifications, probably I'm about to see some errors, so wish me luck everypony! :pinkiecrazy:

Vexy
Group Admin

I want to be strict about that rule in particular. There's nothing I hate more than he same story garnering five separate notifications because it was posted to multiple folders / groups. I wish Knighty would implement an option to just see a fiction once in your notifications too.

I know I can always count on my trusty admin team. :moustache:

By the way, I was thinking that once I organize the forums, I'll post a thread formally introducing you guys. Maybe write a little but about yourselves, etc.?

889225 Lol what floods? I only added 5... :twilightblush:

Broken
Group Admin

I would love to give our members some feedback about me. They deserve to know who are taking care of this group, that in my opinion will grow to be a very large one. :raritystarry:

Yeah, it's Fimfiction being crazy. Do you know the notifications that appears at the right side of your screen? It showed me like this: 1 notification, 3 notifications, 5 notifications, 7 notifications, then 5 notifications again, and I was like "What?!"

Then when I looked into my box I had just seven. :applejackconfused:

889294 Yea that is odd.

I also noticed you can't add stories consecutively without reloading the webpage.

Broken
Group Admin

And here we thought that Knighty was close to perfect the site... :ajbemused:

Maybe we could send him some PMs making suggestion for the next updates? :ajsmug:

889316 I've sent many about various issues / features. All ignored.

Broken
Group Admin

Ah! Wow! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :heart::rainbowkiss::heart:

This is going to help the group grow strong! You are so kind Digitalneo! :raritystarry:

Let's work hard to make this group be a very strong and know one here at fimfiction! :raritywink:

889502 Slight hiccup though, and an oppertunity for cheatery:

The post on /r/mylittlepony has already been downvoted to zero. Thats bad.

HOWEVER: If everyone who has a reddit account upvotes, we can push them up :twilightsmile:

Broken
Group Admin

I know it will give us some kind of spotlight! :rainbowlaugh:

We still can make blog posts and ask our followers to join. :derpytongue2:

All right then: let's do this! (Later)

Vexy
Group Admin

Inactive thread. Thread locked.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15