Silver Spoon 691 members · 489 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
hawthornbunny
Group Admin

It's been pretty quiet here lately, so here's the Silver Spoon card from the excellent Ponylude Magic the Gathering set.

For those of you who don't play Magic: she's a very cheap creature to play, with minimal attack and defense, but when paired with another creature (doesn't have to be Diamond Tiara, but why would you not!) she becomes unblockable to non-black-mana creatures. I like!

ah you posted. I had to go look them up as I have not seen the new ones. I still own the original MTG ones on my main PC. Once that comes back in a couple months I'll be glad to share those files up with everyone.

But yes, this project here is a nice sort of 'taking up the torch' sort of thing. Though since they still failed to make any actual changes that caused the first round of C&D, using same symbols and card borders PLUS ponies with footage from the show itself pasted into those Wizards Of The Coast borders... I fear its going to be a repeat of before. So be sure to download the set whilst you still can.

Edit: hehe, been wondering where my favorite bunny disappeared to. Hope the summer fun is going well. I at least keep seeing more Silver Spoon stories getting submitted a few times at least. Keep up the love everyone! Silvy could use more comedies as well. She's great at making faces <3

This is the second pony magic set where my only reaction has been 'have these people even heard of the color pie?' and where they've chucked in old keywords and mechanics willy-nilly all over the place in place of even trying to come up with something unique.

At least there's nothing as obviously broken as Twist or the crusaders were in Shards of Equestria. Closest to broken is probably Dash with her ability to infinitely loop any random EtB or LtB effect with two of her in hand (I recommend Extractor Demon, Pandemonium or Soul Warden).

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

I'm not great at games, so I can't tell when a set is well-designed, but I was impressed with the Ponylude set. The designer did at least try to justify some of his choices :) I won't argue over the mechanics with you because I have no clue. ^^

hehe, been wondering where my favorite bunny disappeared to. Hope the summer fun is going well.

thanks, it is! Except it's too hot. :)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4