Silver Spoon 691 members · 489 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Congratulations to mbpony 512 on becoming our fiftieth member, and more congrats to everyone else! It's good to know that there's so much appreciation for best metallic filly. But we want more! One hundred members! More stories! A guest appearance from Shannon Chan-Kent! An episode devoted entirely to Silver Spoon! Alicorn Spoon! The Spooniverse! Spo-

1072470 An entire episode focused on Silver Spoon would be awesome. It should be high on Hasbro's to do list along with an episode focused on Diamond Tiara and a musical episode .(And I'm talking full blown musical, with non stop singing until the end, barring maybe a few small moments of dialogue.)

They also need to consider some more guest stars like Weird Al Yankovic for Pinkie Pie's crazy uncle or Petter Cullen for Star Swirl the Bearded or even Lauren Faust as her OC Alicorn.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Kate Mulgrew as Silver Spoon's mother.

I'd love to see a CMC episode told from Silver and Diamond's perspective (but with Silver as the POV character.) It would be nice to see the show flesh them out a bit more. It would even serve the theme of friendship well: after three seasons of seeing them only as opponents to the CMC, showing them as more fully realized individuals would help send the message that people are often more than they appear to be.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

I could maybe see this happening, although sadly I don't think they would ever focus it on Silver. I suspect that even the MLP writers would fall into the 'Silver Spoon is a lackey/follower' trap, simply because it's easier to tell a story with clearly defined character roles.

If such an episode were made, it would have to be a redemption story for both of them - they are the show's bullies, and you can't show bullies in a positive light on TV, so it would have to be about them seeing the error of their ways. And hey... season 3 was the Season of Redemption, so why not? Maybe we will see this episode. :)

iDeltaVelocity
Group Contributor

1072561 That is a wonderful idea

1072561 In other words they're "More then meets the eye." *Ba Dum Tish* (Sorry I just had to say that.)

Seriously though Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon really need to be fleshed out because as far as characters go they are some of the flatest around.

I think if we were going to get a proper redemption story for either one of them it would have been in place of Babs. They were willing to spend half that episode introducing a new character and establishing her as a bully rather than mess with the dynamic among the existing fillies. I think that signals it'll be a few years before they're willing to upset this particular apple cart.

I could see an episode where they're forced to call a temporary truce, though.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Seriously though Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon really need to be fleshed out because as far as characters go they are some of the flatest around.

I disagree! The only episode in which I would say DT and SS are 'flat' is "One Bad Apple", and that was because they had to take a back seat to Babs.

In fact, in their very first appearance it was shown that DT and SS are more than just a pair of ponies for making the CMC miserable. Diamond Tiara is visibly upset when her cuteceanera doesn't go to plan, and Silver Spoon is visibly upset that Diamond is upset. That's a level of detail that bullies don't normally get.

Or there's "The Cutie Pox". Diamond Tiara instantly seizes upon the idea that Apple Bloom's cutie marks are fake - again, because being in control is so important to her. She's not bullying Apple Bloom just for the sake of it, but for her own reassurance.

Silver Spoon is rather more flat simply because she doesn't get much time devoted to her, and also because there's a limited quota of awesomeness for each episode and she'd use it all up pretty quickly.

I could see an episode where they're forced to call a temporary truce, though.

I'd be happy with that!

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

Don't forget Silver Spoon in "Family Appreciation Day". That's anything but flat characterization.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Oh, and that! Spoony's finest hour, for sure. :)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11