Silver Spoon 692 members · 489 stories
Comments ( 33 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 33
hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Admins: if you've made a change to the group, or want to discuss a change before making it, just leave a comment here.

arcum42
Group Admin

I've added a picture to the front page, as well as a quick description of the four categories.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Excellent, that pic is beautiful! I've also added some related groups.

arcum42
Group Admin

Thanks, that's probably one of my favorite Silver Spoon pictures.

And there is a Filly 5 group that might go in the list of related groups. The founder is the founder of the Diamond Cutter group, and two of the five fillies in question of Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.

I'm not really sure if it's a significant enough group to include, though. It only has two members at the moment.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Indeed, I find the concept of the Filly 5 intriguing, but I'm not sure if it's one I subscribe to. :) I'd say leave it off for now, but if it picks up we can add it to the related groups.

hoiqewoiqwhfn
Group Admin

Imma go ahead and add a "Mature" folder separate from the clop to the group, then.

If I can even do that.

arcum42
Group Admin

My trouble with it is why make it the most used fillies anyway?. I mean, go with Dinky, Snips, Snails, and Twist, and you have a pretty good start on a side group of fillies and colts that don't get enough attention...

arcum42
Group Admin

Quickly added a silver spoon icon to the group.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

We have icons now? Awesome! I like that one. :)

arcum42
Group Admin

Yeah, as of a few hours before me adding it. :twilightsmile:

And thanks, I like that one too! I actually cropped it out of this wallpaper.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Unstickied the banner thread because it's served its purpose for now. I don't hear anyone clamoring for a new banner :)

arcum42
Group Admin

Fine by me, and I can always make another one if it comes to it...

--arcum42

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

As well as the recent banner update, I also stole took inspiration from the formatting of the front page of the Twist! group, which makes nice use of colors and stuff. I've added a few more Spoon related groups to the Related Groups, too. Feel free to suggest more.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Banner is now hosted on Fimfiction.

arcum42
Group Admin

Thanks. I've been doing so friggin' many of these. I wish knighty had just imported them all in a batch job...

--arcum42

arcum42
Group Admin

I updated the group icon from the 100 x 100 one to a pretty much identical 256 x 256 version.

--arcum42

arcum42
Group Admin

Thought I'd try a different group icon.

It seems a bit small, so I may go with a different one or revert to the old one eventually. Still deciding.

--arcum42

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

Very cute. Can a larger version of that art be found anywhere?

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Yes it can. I recognize Handsockz's style anywhere. ^^

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

Perfect! (And I recognize the style of a few artists, but often I'm unable to think of the name.)

arcum42
Group Admin

Yep, I can recognize Handsockz's style anywhere, too, and it's always great.

That's definitely the copy I cropped and scaled down for the icon, in any case.

--arcum42

arcum42
Group Admin

Just bumped iDeltaVelocity down from admin on a "hasn't logged in since January" basis.

--arcum42

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

THE SHIP IS SINKING

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

but yes thank you that's a good call, I hadn't noticed

arcum42
Group Admin

No problem, was thinking about it for other groups and happened to take a look at this one. I could potentially remove Elric on a similar basis, but I'm actually still in touch with him on facebook, so it feels a little less like he's not here to me, even if he hasn't logged in since May...

--arcum42

If he's not active on the site, he's not active on the site. He can't very well keep an eye on the rabble or keep the folders clean from facebook.

arcum42
Group Admin

We probably will eventually, and he's already been removed as admin from more active groups. Narrowing the admin list down to just me and 6076749 is the point when I start thinking we need to recruit more admins, though, and that's work. :unsuresweetie:

We probably should start thinking of adding another admin, admittedly, and I should have rather more free time next week...

--arcum42

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Much as I don't want to drop Elric, I think in the interests of tidiness and avoiding confusion, I'll do so. But with a sadface. 🙁

arcum42
Group Admin

Alright. I'll let him know. Haven't really been that successful in getting him to come back, unfortunately.

I do feel like we should have a third admin in that case, at least, though. Preferably someone that really likes Silver Spoon, or at least Diamond Tiara. We could always talk to the Diamond Cutter admins, and see if one of them would be interested, unless you have any other people in mind...

--arcum42

I wouldn't mind looking after yet another group. Not an issue.

arcum42
Group Admin

Just occurred to me that I never did demote Elric. I've demoted him, and to bring things a little more in line with the rest of fimfiction, promoted SweetAI Belle.

--arcum42

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Approved. :3

They should just add a default "Assign SweetAI Belle as admin?" option when you create a new group...

arcum42
Group Admin

That would make things a bit easier. :scootangel:

Part of the way SweetAI ended up with so many groups was my making her an admin in most of the groups I was an admin in. Not to mention the crusade we had going to make sure all the Cutie Mark Crusader groups had active admins. Come to think of it, one of the two of you is probably in charge of the Apple Bloom group at this point...

--arcum42

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Do you know how many groups I'd be a member of if that was done? :unsuresweetie:

Right. It's tough to keep track of which groups have missing founders sometimes...

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 33