Silver Spoon 691 members · 489 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
hoiqewoiqwhfn
Group Admin

'bout damn time. :moustache:

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

I'm surprised nopony did this before! She may not be the most popular character, but she's got a decent number of stories.

hoiqewoiqwhfn
Group Admin

Requesting this get added.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/51117/bad-girls

Also there's a DT group that's pretty popular called Diamond Cutters. I figure advertising this group there is a good idea. I'd do it myself right now, but I gotta leave for an appointment asap.

Already did it.

871455 I'm surprised as well, especially since people seem to like Silver Spoon more than Diamond Tiara.

P. S. I am the creator of the DT group, The Diamond Cutters.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Maybe it's the whole 'redemption' thing that people have noted. It's easier to believe that Silver Spoon is secretly good on the inside than Diamond Tiara (even though canonically there's no evidence to suggest she's any less of a bully).

Welcome to the group!

arcum42
Group Admin

A lot of it is the scene where she was the first one to clap enthusiastically at Granny Smith's presentation. That and the fact that she's more of a follower than a leader.

Of course, her character design also looks much prettier than Diamond Tiara's, so I think people want her to be redeemed a little more...

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Of course, her character design also looks much prettier than Diamond Tiara's, so I think people want her to be redeemed a little more...

I didn't want to say that, as I'm a firm believer in inner rather than outer beauty, but it is true!

arcum42
Group Admin

Oh, me too. I do tend to think that if she got her mane redone, say, like this:

That people would want to redeem her more, though.

Of course, I started writing and plotting a fanfic that redeems her and not Silver Spoon earlier this week. Lower priority than my other fanfics, of course.

The follower bit is overall pretty laughable. Silver Spoon instigates so much of the stuff. DT is more alpha, but Spoon is no lackey. Cuteness-wise, I prefer DT. She gets all the great facial expressions. Of course, she also gets a bit more focus in the show, so that aids in that department.

But yeah, between the clapping scene (and DT's adoration of her father typically being overlooked), and DT being the bigger alpha, people can easily lay the blame at DT's hooves. And as is seen by how much people give thumbs up for redemption stories or "changelings aren't all bad" crap, well, people are suckers for stories that turn evil stuff to good.

Both rule though. But much more so when they are themselves rather than just another nice pony.

878120 I'm a BIG supporter of changelings not being bad.

hoiqewoiqwhfn
Group Admin

Not gonna lie, this is biggest reason I like DT and SS, and the only reason I started to pay them any attention to begin with.

(this is my headcanon; I read everything they say in these voices):unsuresweetie:

Don't worry, people are allowed to like things I don't care for. Be a boring world otherwise. :scootangel:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12