Shameless Self-Promotion 107 members · 605 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

The Unintended Psychological Consequences of Inter-dimensional Travel

It took yet another contest (with a deadline) to get me to write another story. This time I've submitted an entry in the Season 10 Bingo Writing Contest. The prompt cards I was assigned: Daybreaker, Nurse Redheart, Smolder, Trottingham, Court of Law.

I this story I get to explore some of the consequences inherent in a "many-worlds" universe, where there could exist an infinite variety of versions of anyone or anypony. Case in point: Daybreaker, the supposedly evil version of Celestia, who in the IDW comic series MLP:Nightmare Knights is shown to be more than YA one-dimensional tyrant. Full disclosure: I had not read this comic until I was assigned the prompts and did some research on Daybreaker. I thought the plot of the comic was very interesting and provided great scope for a follow-up story. SO here it is. I hope you enjoy it, and I would be much obliged to those who would take the time to give me feedback either way.

And BTW: don't forget to wash your hands with soap and hot water once per hour - it's the one thing each and every one of us can do to limit the spread of the Coronavirus.

Stay safe,

Daf

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1