Shameless Self-Promotion 107 members · 604 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Filly Separated is now available to read, my first story published in many many moons. I wanted to write a story about the refugee children being separated from their parents in the United States, but wasn’t at first sure how to do it in an MLP context. Then I realized I’d written a series of stories about an immigrant to Equestria and had a refugee backstory I could slot the idea into. (That series is not yet published, but, spoilers, the immigrant is Songbird Serenade. If I got the count right, this will be technically the seventh story that includes her. Yes. How do you spell backlog?) I took it and ran, not even realizing I would get some supporting verisimilitude from the recent episode, Road to Friendship that includes a Saddle Arabian stallion. My pre-reader, DoContra, pointed out that I inadvertently included a little bit about the hardship facing migrants crossing the Mediterranean, too. Anyway, if you want some good feels, give it a read! (And a thumbs up, if you like it.)

EFilly, Separated
Spike meets a Saddle Arabian filly who was separated from her parents when she was 3 years old. He empathizes with her sense of abandonment for he doesn't know his parents either, but he does know he's going to help her. Another refugee lends a hoof.
scifipony · 5.5k words  ·  18  8 · 851 views
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1