Technology VS. Magic 2,661 members · 782 stories
Comments ( 92 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 92
DamnToasty
Group Admin

Magic or Technology...state your allegiance...

AN: This is simply a poll I have been wanting to take for a while. After about a 2-Hour period I will tally up the results and put them in a new thread. So, for those who post, thank you for participating.

I pick Smiles! :pinkiehappy:

DamnToasty
Group Admin

2049784...I will accept this...
But any valid poll would be appreciated :twilightsmile:

Technology

...though it may lead us down this road:pinkiecrazy:

Eh
Technology

Magic in fiction tends to be restricted to only those who are so lucky to be gifted at birth with it.

Eagle
Group Admin

Oh fine. :pinkiesick:

Thinking!

Done! :pinkiehappy:

I chose coexistence

Technology or if possible MagiTech.

Magic.

Who needs technology when you've got a unicorn:

Or a wizard?

Technology. Any sufficiently progressed technology would wipe the floor with almost all magic. And magic seems to stunt the growth of technology. After all, why try to fix a problem using mundane means if you can use magic? It stifles creativity.

When you need to blow up planets

I shall choose the wonderful magic of technology, where a hunk of metal alloys can travel 2 times the speed of sound through the air!:pinkiehappy:

tech because well giant robots and a I can make a dragon with a little gean splicing

Through technology, we can modify anything, even a living beings. A man able to adapt to any change, big or small. Ships that can travel through the stars, expanding a species countless times. Weapons that can destroy an entire race, leaving no trace behind. We can obtain any goal through knowledge and effort through technology.

Magic has limits and has very little understanding.

2049779 why choose? I am a TECHNOMANCER! with a meld of science and technology, there are very few that can withstand the arcane might of my fusion-powered StarKillers!:pinkiecrazy:

2049798 Isn't that from World In Conflict. (I mean the image)

Technology or if possible MagiTech.

Mainly because Magic seems to be something that can only be used by a few while with technology anyone can fire a gun.

Best for purgeing wolds, of demons, orks, or eldar!

Tech all the way :moustache:

Definitely technology.

2050942>>2050407 My Little Imperium: Magic is Heresy.

2051646 This better be a good story, guardsman...

2051646 ...
HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRREEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!:twilightangry2:

2056557>>2056839 Once upon a time I was very glad I wasn't a Psyker, then ran away from an angry Inquisitor. *starts running away*

2057606 Get back here, and face the holy justice that is my hammer!!!!:twilightangry2:
(Starts chasing)

2049922 we got things for that.

Have fun blowing up the planet you're still on.

2062224 I'm not on the planet. I'm on the moon.

Why not both?

But if I had to choose: technology.

Wow, look at all the head canons.

Anyway, I chose magic. "Real" magic is technology, but alas in this debate I can't have my cake and eat it too. I'd just rather wield the force whats limited mostly by my understanding of the world around me. Magic's strength coupled with the users understanding grow much, much, higher than a piece of tech and the possibilities born from ones understanding of that tech.

I'd take my technology over that magic. Really!

tech because tech is ever adapting and can be easily taught how to use magic relise on the users exprieince and understanding to use a rifle you aim and pull the trigger to use a spell you have to concentrate the unicorn would already be dead before the spell was fired.

3101398 skill and capabilities also vary from unicorn to unicorn on terms of magic, tech, on the other hand, relies solely on experience with the item of choice, or the creativity of the user with it.
As an example: turn ordinary golf clubs into skull-crushers, most clubs nowadays are made out of carbon fiber materials with a fiberglass core, and the head is most likely made (or at least plated in) metal. Perfect tools of death when swung right
EDIT: My choice is tech, mainly because of these nasty guys:

2049779 Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

So yeah TECH

A mix between the two would be awesome but seeing as i can only pick one I say science and tech with a four barrel shotgun in one hand and winter blast plasmid in the other:eeyup:

Technology! Its adaptability - the fact that anyone can use it - gives it a leg up on magic in my opinion. (I actually believe most of the tech seen in Equestria was imported from other countries after ponies realized this advantage.)

Technology.

Tech, let's see magic rival the Halo Arrays or anything Galactus uses.

Didn't we already have one of these just a few days ago? :trixieshiftleft:

3139715 Fooking replicators man. Fooking replicators.

2049779 Magic... Technology... Both have their pros. Both have their cons. Both can build and destroy, kill and save, enslave and free...
I choose balance between them.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 92