SpikeBelle 702 members · 186 stories
Comments ( 85 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 85

Yep, it's one of these threads again :derpytongue2:

For me, i got into it because after season 3 I was tired of waiting around for Rarity to like him, and Sweetie is adorable, so they seemed like a good pair. And then I found that story by the Rarispy, Sweetest Gem I believe, and that was terrific. It wasn't until I actually wrote When Can We Do This Again, though, that I actually realized how natural they fit together though, and It's been my fave ship ever since :pinkiehappy:

What made you a Spikebelle fan?

Alot of things really, I mean Rarity is nice and all most of the time. But she I've seen her far to many time have her head up her own tight ass. Also the way she treat Spike 90% of the time just makes me mad, now even if he wants to do things for her she can at "least" try to do something for him at some point. She took his birthday present he made for himself, who does that?
Now Sweetie I can't see her ever using someone like that, she always gave off a generous feel to me while still being down to earth. She seems like she would give to you without asking for anything in return. I've never really seen her take anyone for granted like we've all seen Rarity do many times. She would care for Spike and be there for him throughout all the problems he might have without thinking about what it might do to her rep. That is why I like Spikebelle.:moustache:

3117848 Well, I'm a fan of most Spike x mare pairings, so I like this one as well. :derpytongue2: At first, I like it 'cause the ones I read were funny as shit: can't get Rarity, get her younger sister. I thought it was hilarious scumbag-like and epic. :rainbowkiss: Also, it's cute (not as cute as Diamondspike, though).

3117896 I was going to say, I see you everywhere on this site. the only Spike x mare pair i don't like is photo finish just because I hate her.

Anyway, Spikes intelligent. Make the younger sis jealous so you can grab her if the first option fails

I see you everywhere on this site.

Whenever there is a Spike thread, I'll be there. :moustache: :rainbowlaugh:

Because of :

I was line "why have I never thought about it ? This is perfect" :pinkiegasp:

The Fields of Ice
Group Admin

3117848 I thought it'd be cute. I read a SpikeBelle fic. It was cute. Then I created the group. In that order.
Also, anything besides Sparity is a winning Spike ship for me. :derpytongue2:

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3117848 I used to support Sparity, but later switched to Spikebloom. After a while, I just settled on this pairing. Sweetie Belle is kind and won't try to use him like Rarity. To me personally, I prefer Spike with any of the CMC, but this one is my favorite. I also read The Sweetest Gem and thought it was a great story. And Sweetie Belle is more Spike's age as well. That is the main thing that bothers me.

3123751 agreed. I love The Warmth of Winter fic.

:unsuresweetie::heart::moustache: 4ever. :eeyup:

The Fields of Ice
Group Admin

3124562 But that's a Spikealoo.

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3125367 I did say that I like Spike with any of the CMC. SpikeBelle is my main favorite.

Comment posted by MLPTMNTLPS-Moving deleted Apr 12th, 2014

Long story short:
I never understood SpikeBloom,PipBelle,or SweetieMash and thought they were idiotic ships (I respect opinions but still, who made up those three ships?) I then watched Canterlot Royal Wedding Part 2, bought it was funny for shipping, started to look at fanart a few days after, while going to my cousin's house I thought about the fanart I seen that very day, when we got there I said to myself: "That's it, I'm shipping it." and so, that's how SpikeBelle was my very VERY first shipping ever in ANY fandom and got me into shipping in the first place!

Nothing in particular, I just think it seems appropriate. Spike is head over heels for Rarity but she's obviously out of his league, so it would be kinda natural if he ends up with Sweetie Belle instead.

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3195072 I get along with some people who ship PipBelle and different couples. I agree to not bash their ships, they don't bash mine. I will bash a certain group, but just in this group.

I hate bashing but it's just my opinion really and most fans I meet never respect my opinion when I try to be nice to them

The "if the cute girl rejects you, go for the sister," thing. Spike one day has to realize that Rarity is too old for him, and the SpikeBelle approach feels like the best thing to me.

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3196323 TobyandMavisforever on DeviantArt does respect my opinion, and I respect hers. She ships Sweetie Belle with Pip, but I have no issues. There are couples we can agree on. Just like with us. We both have different views on different couples. Here, you can expect others to be somewhat nicer.

Um, let's see, SpikeBell.... Well, It was that picture from the royal wedding where Spike and Sweetie Bell danced together combined with a shipping discussion with a friend and glass of coke with ice an hot summer afternoon that did the trick for me. Plus that I hate all that mushy SweetieMash stuff, and this is sooooo much better than that!:ajbemused:

Me too, it practically convinced me at once, especially since I've never really been a RarySpike shipper.

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3205388 Something I'm wondering, is how ButtonBelle got popular. There is basically NO interaction with them besides that one song, and that was just for ONE SECOND!!

-hugs you so tight-
:fluttercry: I-I'm not alone anymore.......... :derpyderp2:!
I down-right hate SweetieMash the same as you O_O

It got popular because of these youtube videos called Button's Adventures however Hasbro asked the YouTuber who made those videos to get rid of them so the creator of those videos, JanAnimations, no longer has their pony videos anymore and a lot of people are sad now that JanAnimation's videos are gone but I'm only happy because no more SweetieMash hype :unsuresweetie:
Also, the person who invented the shipping thought it would make sense because the voice actress of Sweetie Belle is a video gamer and plays one of my fave games Minecraft and Button Mash is seen as a gamer so the person thought it would make sense but that's her VOICE ACTRESS! Not the character herself because the character Sweetie Belle herself is too girly for video games

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3205732 but we still deal with them everywhere else. On one of the MLP couples video's that has SpikeBelle, those ButtonBelle's are attacking it.

I know about that and I respect opinions but my issue is I respect all fan's opinions and every fan I met isn't nice to me when
I'm nice like once a shipper bashed me and my friends on DA about it and this is what happened:
Me: Well, I perfer Sweetie Belle with Spike but this is cute fanart
Then a few days later she replied and this is how the comment really looked I copied and paste her comment:
"Whatever, Sweetie Belle is cuter with Pip! Besides, PipBelle is better and more popular!"
:facehoof:
Not kidding, she really did say that and you keep saying about me respecting others' opinions and stuff but that isn't the issue for me, my issue is that I respect others' opinions and yet they don't respect mine and that shipper that didn't respect mine dosen't respect anyone on DA when they like any other Sweetie Belle ship or a other Pip shipping and her friends are almost the same and only a few shippers were nice to me and I barely meet any nice PipBelle,SpikeBloom,and SweetieMash shippers, I barely meet anyone who's nice and ships them.

I know you keep saying everyone had their own view and I agree fully and agree 100% with you but that isn't the problem with me, my problem is that almost every single fan I met is a fanbrat

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3205842 Forget the Cold War, go for those that are rude.

AGREED HARDCORE!
Honestly, that PipBelle fan really told me that when I said I respected her opinion thank you for agreeing me shall we faceplam together?
:facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof:

Honestly, I respect everyone's opinions but I perfer SpikeBelle over PipBelle and my other hated ships (SpikeBloom and SweetieMash) anyway but I respect all opinions and this is one epic faceplam party! :D
:facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof:

The SpikeBelle and ButtonBelle war could stop for all I care, I just want respectful people respecting SpikeBelle and me sadly the shipping is underrated and that PipBelle fanbrat is right that PipBelle is more popular but hey, it's overrated MORE FACEPLAMS FOR THR FANBRAT!

LOL
The video sure made my day XD

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

Yep, it sucks.

Yep, I've even made up an alternate shipping with Button Mash to prove that I have no *buy some apples* reason what so ever to ship that disgusting shipping!:twilightangry2:
I ship, of no special reason, I just do, Babs Seed and Button Mash!:twistnerd:

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3206908 that is a good ship

Know. My friend are crazy, she ship SweetieMash and FlutterMac! :twilightangry:

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

I support Fluttermac, but not ButtonBelle

I also Support FlutterMac! My sister got me into it.
Well, that's actually a combination of a lot of thing at once. First I saw
And thought(In this order)
"Awesome, Spike shuffling!"
(We watched it a second time, tradition in my family to do that with season starters or finishers)
"Aww! That's so cute!" and "Hm... Maybe."(these thoughts happened at the same time)
A week later I decided to research this on the most reliable site. YouTube!
And I soon found many things; like that it's called SpikeBelle,and that they make a lot, and I mean A Lot of sense as a couple.And then one day I stumbled upon The Sweetest Gem, and with each video leading up to The Sweetest Gem I said "This is a good idea!" and "I really like this!" until I hit The Sweetest Gem reading and then I said "SOLD! I now ship this paring. I am Jack Night and I approve this message."(I was in the presence of my siblings and I wanted to be epic/ I wanted to make them laugh.[Status: Success!]) (Jack Night is my pony OC of myself)
So, yeah. After all that SpikeBelle became my OTP!

3205728 agreed. SweetieMash is not kool

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3208371 that is something that got me somewhat towards SpikeBelle. just took a while for it to set in.

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3208398 This is something I would do to the ButtonBelle founder if I could.

3208456 I think I'm gonna write a story where Button and Spike try to win Sweeties affections in a competition with one another.

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3208466 We can guess who will win. I just recently did a story called The Pony King, and right now, it has a total of 17 likes to 5 dislikes. Maybe doing Disney style stories is more my calling compared to Imperial Liberation of Equestria.

You kinda stole my idea XD You can write it though I'll make my own version :P

I ship it too! I think Button Madh would prefer tomboy fillies because Sweetie Belle is too girly for video games and Babs,Scootaloo,and even Applebloom (She isn't so girly when you think about it) aren't really girly compared to Sweetie Belle and I agree hardcore with you! I find it disgusting because Sweetie Belle and Button Mash would hate each other and Button Mash would find Sweetie Belle as a whiny annoying girly girl also for not liking video games which is one reasons why I hate it and won't ever ship it,ever. :twilightangry2: Sadly a old friend of mine is a SweetieMash fanbrat and after I told her I ship BabsMash and SpikeBelle she went like "Seriously?" And when I said I shipped Button with Babs she YELLED AT MY COLD FACE!
she kept on saying
"NONONONONONONONO!"
NOT KIDDDING!
Really for real she kept saying "NO" loudly at me and she whined at me and my friends who were SpikeBelle and BabsMash fans just like me and we ignored her I also think she said being a FlutterMac fan
:twilightangry2:

Plus, If Sweetie Belle was a gamer pony she would become a tomboy and become the new Scootaloo! Seriously, SWEETIEMASH WOULD RUIN SWEETIE BELLE'S GIRLY CHARACTER!

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3208609 Don't try to change a characters personality. If they do- :twilightangry2::flutterrage:

My thoughts exactly on the shipping :ajbemused:
If they do- :flutterrage::raritycry::twilightangry2::applejackconfused::applecry::facehoof::pinkiecrazy:
If SweetieMash were to become cannon, Sweetie Belle would be the new Scootaloo :ajbemused:

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3208696 I don't think they want to mess with a Darth

Your so right! She is my best friend still, even if we are the oposite of each other when it's about shipping.

Yeah I have the same problem!
One of my friends now is a SPikeBloom shipper even though I hate it but I respect her opinion and she agrees on most of my shippings and finds SpikeBelle good too :/ Thanks for agreeing! :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 85