Crack Ships Inc. 612 members · 878 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

I was just watching Family Appreciation Day, and it dawned on me that there is one beautifully cracked-out relationship that, if done correctly, could be surprisingly touching. :yay:

I just don't know if I have the stomach/cojones/suitable amounts of codeine-laced cough syrup to give me the motivation to write it. :pinkiesad2: So I'll share! :pinkiehappy:

The pairing?

Prinsmith. Granny Smith with either of the princesses, probably Celestia.

Just think about it! Alicorn magic could explain how she's lived so incredibly long, long enough to have been a filly hundreds of years ago if both Winter Wrap Up and Family Appreciation Day are accurate.

It would help to explain the Apple Family's prominence in Equestria, and the fact that you have entire new colonies being established by the clan.

And you could do scenes from all different parts of their relationship! The time when Granny was younger, and the birth of the relationship. When Granny decides she needs to move on and start a family - or maybe Granny isn't so much actually AJ's grandmother as the elderly "eternal grandma" who raises any orphaned foals in the family (why, if that's the case, it might even be that AJ, Big Mac, and AB aren't necessarily immediate blood kin after all!). When the end finally comes, of course, it'd be a Hell of a scene.

The more I think about this, the more I like the idea. :raritystarry:

Which, frankly, frightens me. :twilightoops:

(Bonus points if somepony, maybe Twilight, ends up walking in on an intimate encounter between Granny and her Princess some time... after all, even the elderly have needs! :ajbemused: )

ProfCharles
Group Admin

I like it.

Do it.

That does, however, raise the question of where Applejack's parents came from.

Unless Applejack and co are Celestia's grandchildren, and its already my head canon that Rainbow Dash (formerly Dawn) is Celestias child, who abandonded her royal heritage because she wasn't "princessy" enough for Celestias liking.

Mind you, there's enough room for both those theories.

912242 I always thought a better paring was Granny's dad/Celestia.

Yeah, but he's already married, and then you can't write a multi-generational epic as well as if it's a centuries-long romance between Granny Smith and an immortal being, where you actually get to see the logical conclusion of a romance between mortal and immortal without the extrapolation of going into the future.

Also, as for me writing this... if I find enough time and inspiration. In other words, probably not until I'm on the good meds again. ^^()

That's insane, but then that is rather the point I guess. :trollestia:

This concept terrifies me, and that is why it needs to be done.

That idea would only work if it was cloppy as hell.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8