Crack Ships Inc. 612 members · 878 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
ProfCharles
Group Admin

Hello peoples, and welcome to voting week for Crack Ships Inc. first prompt contest!

First up, the rules:
Everybody gets 1 vote. You choose your favourite fic, and then either post a comment below or send me a PM if you wish to remain anonymous with the name of the fic you are voting for. Voting ends on the 1st of May!

Fic with the most votes, wins!

Okay, now for the entries! This month, we have five (5) fics for you to peruse; which to be perfectly honest is five fics more than I thought we would have. Which means that you guys are awesome. Have a complementary moustache :moustache:

Anyway, in no particular order, we have:
Rosaceae By Twinkletail

It's a Chaotic Life By Coyote Mustang

Two Doomed Fates By Fiasco1000

Candy Apples: Crackshipping Applejack and Bon Bon By bahatumay

Apples, Bonbons, Celebrations and Dates By Urala Alaha

Wow... AJ is weirdly popular.

Anyway, let the voting comence!

It's a Chaotic Life.

This is the only crack ship that I would read, and I will. So; this one :pinkiehappy:

[edit] And I did

Mm, it's a tough choice.

Rosaceae was a beautiful, emotional tale of the lengths ponies are willing to go for love, and on purely technical merits, it's probably the best of the lot. To be honest, I really thought it had the competition on lock-down.

But then Candy Apples showed up, with it's perfectly engineered pure-spite Bon Bon, adorable Lyra, and standoff-ish straight-mare¹ Applejack; and there's no way I can declare it anything other than the best forever². It gets my vote, iffin' I have to make that clearer.

Two Doomed Fates gets an honorable(?) mention in the category of crack-iest, for building it's premise out of the "everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked" meme, but I'm not really a fan of the non sequitur humor it relied on.

It's a Chaotic Life was okay – but I couldn't really buy AJ's actions. She hides her relationship with Discord for two years, brings it up after she's pregnant in the most tactless way, and then gets angry when she has an unreasonable on all fronts forced argument with Twilight? There's also somewhat a lack of romance between her and Discord – almost all of the fic would work exactly the same had he been any random stallion.

Apples, Bonbons, etc etc is kind of short, sweet, and for the most part unremarkable. I could see some nice things coming out of the complete version, but as it is, it doesn't have anything special to impress me. Just a note, though – put some spacing between your paragraphs, the formatting made it harder to read than it had to be.

¹Not that way, obviously.
²Disclaimer: Length of 'forever' subject to change, and may be limited to as few as 24 hours.

910824 I don't know whether to thank you or want to curse you for so beautifully summing up pretty much everything I had to say.

So I'll just go with many thanks and ill be in the corner griping.

I vote for Candy Apples in case it wasn't clear.

I'll vote for 'Candy Apples'.

If I'm allowed to vote for my own, my vote goes with Rosaceae.

If not, I also vote for Candy Apples.

Rosaceae is my vote, it was probably the most enjoyable story i had read in this contest. thou the others were quite good, this one stood above them all.

I think I'll vote for Rosaceae.

My vote goes to Rosaceae. It was very well written and I loved the ending.

Had Candy Apples been completed, or at least included some shipping, it would be the one to earn my vote. I was laughing my ass off at Bon Bon's ridiculous antics. The story doesn't have a Comedy tag, but I personally think it should have one; it's just that amusing. The only reason I'm not voting for it is because this is a crack shipping contest, and while the crack is there, the shipping is not.

Didn't finish Two Doomed Fates because there was so much wrong with it in my opinion.

Didn't finish Apples, Bonbons, Celebrations and Dates because the formatting was abysmal. No indentation and no spaces in between lines equals wall of text, and no one wants to read that.

Didn't finish It's a Chaotic Life (derped on the title :derpyderp1:) because I really didn't like the pairing. It seemed written well enough, I just didn't feel like reading it all.

I definitely enjoyed Candy Apples the most, I vote for that one!

ProfCharles
Group Admin

Voting ends, going to count votes now.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11