Crack Ships Inc. 612 members · 878 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24
ProfCharles
Group Admin

Welcome one, welcome all, to Crack Ships Inc's very first prompt contest-thing!

I say contest-thing, as there is no real prize to these things except for the obvious ego boost.

Now most prompt-thingies give you a sentence, a phrase or a concept to work with. Not here. Instead, we are going to give you a list of six (6) arbitrarily chosen ponies, and you have to spin a tale for me.

First up, Da Rules:

1. All prompt entries must contain, in some from or another, two (2) or more of the chosen ponies entangling in some form of relationship. Which two, the depth of their relationship and how they act on it is totally up to you.

2. All entries must be in by the 23rd of April at the latest (GMT). On the 24th, all entries will be displayed for a community vote, ending on the the 1st of May. You will have the option to vote publicly in the forum, or send me a PM with your choice. Voting methods are to be worked out at a later date.

3. All entries must obey site rules. In addition, stories containing clop and/or gore must be clearly indicated as such, for the benefit of those who do not desire such things.

4.Post your stories here in this thread when you are ready to submit them.

5. This space intentionally left blank.

Right, that's the stuffy stuff out of the way, lets spin the Wheel of Shipping!

Our first pony tonight is none over than the Element of Honesty herself, Applejack! Will this hardworking, no-nonsense mare find the pony of her dreams?

Next up is Bon-Bon! A Ponyville earth pony with a thousand voices, and one hell of a sweet tooth! At least, that's what I heard!

Pony number three is the one, the only, DISCOOORD! A spirit of Chaos and Disharmony, can this draconequus navigate the battlefield that is love?

Coming in at number four, it's everyone's favourite pie-eating Wonderbolt, Soarin'! Will love fly over this Pegasus's head, or will he find it as easy as pie?

At number five, it's Roseluck! One of the three flower ponies, can this plucky mare face "The Horror"?

And last, but not least, coming at number six, it's Princess Luna! Goddess of the Night, Alicorn if the Stars, Mare of Mystery. Can romance find a place in her immortal heart?

That's it folks, there's your six lucky (or unlucky) ponies! Now go get shipping!

I've already done Soarin'Jack

It's time for my favorite ship

Lunar Apples

So do we have to post here who it is we would ship in the story or is that for us to find out after the contest is done?

ProfCharles
Group Admin

You post your story shipping two of these characters here, in this thread.

Lunar Apples, huh. Good luck.

so i have decided to do Applejack and Discord.

Soarin and AJ are almost not really a crack ship, IMHO.

Just so I know the rules/criteria - non-clop, focus on the shipping? Or on the get-together?

Definitely considering doing something for this. Probably going to do Rose x somepony.

Probably going to get a lot of Soarin x Applejack entries to this, despite it not really being crack. Outside of the mane six and her family, Soarin is one of the most popular ponies to ship with her.

A clarification on the rules: Do we link the story in a comment, or post the entirety of it in a comment?

ProfCharles
Group Admin

Anything you want, as long as you can justify the romance tag.

Link the story in a comment. Don't post the whole thing unless its really short

As for AJ and Soarin, remember that I consider Octavia x Vinyl to be a crack ship. After all, what logical reason does an apple farmer and an athlete have in order to get together?

Oh yeah, Soarin likes pies. Totally the basis for a successful relationship.

852068 You do have a point, I suppose. I always thought that was a silly reason.

Hmm... Can't ship Lina with ponies that aren't Twilight or Celestia... I suppose some Discoluck might be in order?

I was gonna go with AJ/Bon-Bon, but Lyrabon is so deeply ingrained in my thick little skull that I have trouble seeing anything but for her.

I've been working on my Applerose (As in AJ/Roseluck, not Applejack's aunt) story since this morning. I might even be able to finish it up by tonight if I concentrate! :pinkiehappy:

I'm thinking Lunar Rose actually. Maybe with Lily around to actually say the line properly...

ProfCharles
Group Admin

Sounds good. Don't forget Daisy!

LyraBon is one of those ships that have become so deeply ingrained in the fandom that I'm starting to find it boring and over saturated. The same with TaviScratch and TwiLuna, and a few other ships. Hence the crack shipping group.

And my story for the prompt is done!

Rosaceae

ProfCharles
Group Admin

I want in on these shenanigans.

I've got one for Bon-Bon and Roseluck. I mean, really -- chocolate and flowers! They're perfect for each other!

ProfCharles
Group Admin
ProfCharles
Group Admin

Finals week has claimed another victim... the story is unfinished, but you can read what I did get done here.

I'm hopefully not too late with my entry. It's currently incomplete, unfortunately, and can be found here.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24