Crack Ships Inc. 612 members · 878 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

Well, unfortunately we only got one entry, so One Spring Day by BluegrassBrooke wins by default.
Go give it a read and a fav.

So let's get this started.

1. All prompt entries must contain, in some from or another, two (2) or more of the chosen ponies entangling in some form of relationship. Which two, the depth of their relationship and how they act on it is totally up to you.
2. All entries must be in by the 25th of May at the latest (11:59PM EST). On the 26th of April, all entries will be displayed for a community vote, ending on the 31th of May. You will have the option to vote publicly in the forum, or send me a PM with your choice.

If people want, we can swap the deadline to the 31st of May and end voting on the 7th of June.

3. All entries must obey site rules. In addition, stories containing clop and/or gore must be clearly indicated as such, for the benefit of those who do not desire such things.

4. Post a link to your stories here in this thread when you are ready to submit them.

5. Only stories submitted to FiMFiction after the contest begins are eligible. You are not permitted to submit a fic you wrote 6 months ago, even if it fits with one of the pairings.

6. Any incarnation of a character is acceptable to use in your story (Rule 63, Equestria Girls, different age, etc.), but shipping a pony with themselves (self-shipping) is not.

And here are the lucky contestants:

Rarity!
Might we finally find her the perfect somepony?

Rainbowshine!
Who is this? well she's the one who told Rarity to enter in the Best Young Fliers competition, and participated in the Equestrian Game Relay with Dizzy Twister and Rainbow Scoop.
Let's see what you can do with her.

Shining Armor.
....Because apparently his marriage to Cadance isn't working out.
Or something. I dunno, I think someone can write a nice story with him.

Twilight Velvet?
Well, I guess even parents need love.
Please don't do Velvet/Shining Armor.:twilightoops:

Whether she's Amethyst Star or Sparkler, or Dinky's sister/half-sister/babysitter, or whatever else, she deserves a happy ending yes?

And finally...

King Sombra.
...Well, that got weird.
I will accept using the Alternate Sombra from the Comics, if you feel like it.

Anyway, good luck to all of you that enter.

Huh, I would have at least thought this would have brought up some ideas.

I'm tempted to go and try writing Velvet/Sombra, just because it would be something for Shining and Twilight to deal with.

I'm currently working on a Rarity/Sombra fic. I should be able to get it done in time, so there'll be that, at least.

I have a story to submit, but it's my first time doing so. Where do I submit and/or enter into this contest?

Just post a link to the story in this thread, and add the story to the group.

Okie dokie lokie! Thank you!:pinkiehappy:

I'm sorry, but the story you submitted is not eligible.
All stories for the contest must use at least 2 of the randomly selected ponies.
So Sombrity, SomVelvet or ShiningBra would be acceptable, but SombraPie is not.

Aw... Oh, well. Worth a shot. Gonna have to write another fic later.

"A Minor Variation" has Rarity dating Shining Armor, IIRC. Of course, it also has Rarity as the Element of Magic, so anything's possible.

I think one of the issues with this month is going to be with Shining and Velvet, due to the challenge of writing around their established relationships. The "get a divorce and date Sombra" idea has been done with "Orange Crystals," although if it were Shining Armor, that certainly would be a completely different story.

I read a story that mentioned Rainbowshine as part of a running gag... I don't think I've ever seen a story featuring her. She'd practically be an OC.

Inspiration Manifestation gave a callback to the Sparkler / Dinky Doo sisterhood, as the duo were seen together again in the show for the first time since Sisterhooves Social. As far as pairing her off with somepony, considering her cutie mark, she might be able to hit it off with Rarity or Sombra.

There's also the slimmest of slim storylines where Sparkler's related to Daring Do (or even a secret rival), Twilight Velvet is the editor/publisher of A.K. Rowlings's books... Boom. Crack ship potential.

Can I do something with these two? Technically, it is a variation of Rarity. It's not too different from the Alternate Sombra thing that's going around.

I'm tempted to say no, as previous contest have had Nightmare Moon as a separate character from Luna,
But I think this falls under rule 6, so I'll allow it.

One Week reminder!

Notifications being off really hurt contests.

I know.
If they could give a projection of when they might turn them back on that would be nice. Then I can go "Hey, we're going on Hiatus until XXXX, when notifications will be back up."

But no, we're stuck in the dark.

Hummm, I have been thinking of writing a Sparkler romance fic for a while, maybe this is the perfect chance for that. Now, Shinning and Sombra are out, I only write F/F. Hummm, who should be the other pony.

3292035 That would be funny. Maybe Night light passed away, and Velvet is now with Sparkler. So Derpy is Twilight's grandma.

I can see it now:

:facehoof: Dinky, pay attention. I'm trying to teach you how to control your magic here...

Dinky: Twilight, we've been over this...

:twilightangry2: For the last time, I am NOT calling you "Auntie Dinky."

Would people like to have the deadline moved to the 31st?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20