Polyamory 1,763 members · 1,254 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

I published a clopfic to this site, and it got around 18 downvotes in under a day. What am I doing wrong?

The only thing that you are doing wrong is expecting positivity online. Be proud of your work, take the criticism as constructive (even if worded hurtfully) and ignore any bias, and enjoy what you do. You don't owe people anything; you are sharing your work with them. It's your gift. Its their problem if they're looking it in the mouth.

Sometimes people don't like polygamy and it's their problem.

Or its the way you write. Don't get the wrong idea I to have terrible storytelling but that doesn't stop me.

You have a good story to tell and the ones who like your story and add it to their library are the ones that truly count.

Don't let some people stop you from what you truly love.

Not to be mean since I see you're quite new to the site, but 'Oak the Shadow Dragon' doesn't exactly sound like the name of an OC many will want to read about. Let alone with OC X Main Six, futa and harem in the mix.

Not helped by your lack of formatting.

"Are you ready for today's test?" Twilight asked happily. She was standing, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie were standing next to her, and he was sitting on a sofa she'd got from the Sofas And Quills shop. They were in a special testing room of her castle, with only a few windows to throw exploding stuff out of in an emergency.
"I guess." Oak The Shadow Dragon said, a little sad. He liked getting to spend time with Twilight, but the tests hurt sometimes.
Twilight put on some glasses that made her look really cute. "These are enchanted to show me magic." She said. "Now... I found a book on mythological creatures called Banished Beasts In The Bedroom, and it said something I'd like to try out myself."
"Really?" Oak asked, surprised.
"That's right!" Twilight said, a little embarassed and nervous.
"So... do we sleep weird?" He asked.
Twilight and Pinkie laughed. "No, this is about something... else... in the bedroom." Twilight said, giving him bedroom eyes.
"Peeing?" Oak guessed.
"Huh?" Twilight asked.
"Applejack gave me a big pile of hay to pee on in my room in the barn, but I soak the whole pile every time. She's started making me pee in milk jugs instead. It makes really good fertilizer, just like my poop, but having to move between full and not-full jugs when peeing is a pain."

That is hard to read. You probably got a few down-votes just from people seeing that wall of text.

If you for some reason must have everything as tightly together as possible, then format things light this. You still save space, but things are far easier to read since you can still easily see where each new paraghraph is starting.
It still saves space, but is much easier on the eyes.

Not helped in the slightest by the overly long scat joke, word choices and naivety that makes Oak sound like she's six years old mentally. Something most people aren't going to find sexy in the least.

To be frank, Oak talks like a child. One that isn't even potty-trained yet.

That in a serious drama can actually work. The ancient beast with powers to undo the world, brought so low she doesn't even remember what a toilet is. That's some solid pathos right there, and explains why the audience should be sympatizings with what's basically a bringer of the apocalypse.

But in a clop story? Then it is freaking creepy even before the parts about using blood as lube or cumming so hard a mare explodes being treated as completely normal. :pinkiesick:

And fine, your kink is not everybody's kink, but anybody that clicked for a futa orgy are probably going to be disgusted and down-vote when, again, there's casual mention of blood as lube.

Hell, I've seen the concept blood as lube used straight once and that was from an undead pimp in a horror game that liked to molest women to death, and turn them into his 'girls' for all eternity. Needless to say, that was played for maximum creepiness, not sexiness. Ever cooked raw meat? It doesn't exactly slip and slide around the kitchen at the slightest provocation.

So even before you get to lines as 'sexy' as this:

Twilight got horny, something in her alicorn body pomfing her wings and making her hornier than she'd ever been before.

You are turned off even before the 'insert tab A into slot B, go mmm' style erotica.

I am terribly sorry to say this and I do hope you try again, but as far as I can tell you're getting all those down-votes because Twilight Tests Oak [FUTA] is a genuinely bad story, not people hating orgies.

Again, I hope you try again because the only way you learn is by practice, even in writing. :twilightsmile:

4842615 That sounded cool. I'm doing that in the main story when I do deep thought stuff.

I added the scene where ponies get disgusted by his sex dreams. What else should I do?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5