RariTwi, Rarilight, Twilight x Rarity 1,113 members · 476 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23
Sam Cole
Group Admin

Greetings everyone! And welcome to the RariTwi group's first of hopefully many Creation contests. This contest is an incentive to increase the Raritwi content on the site along with member participation within the group. Too long I’ve sat back in passive groups, nodding along as we wait for new content. I’ve seen writing prompts before, but there has never been something like this to my knowledge. And yes, you read that right, this is a contest, as in actual prizes for winners. And no, this contest is not limited to just fictions, but is open to artworks, comics, songs, and videos as well. So let’s take this group and transform it. We are not passive anymore! We will stand up and be a group dedicated to creating new content for our shared passion! Of course if this doesn’t interest you, just enjoy the flood of content I hope this will provide.

Rules for contest:

1. It cannot be a fiction already uploaded to fimfiction or another site. That would defeat the purpose of a writing incentive program. There is nothing against a fiction that has been in the works in private though, so if you’ve been looking for a reason to get into writing or to finally launch that secret fic, this is it.

2. No plagiarism! A plagiarized work will result in disqualification from the contest and a ban from the group. Sorry, but that’s getting off light if you ask Knighty.

3. Besides a Raritwi story, there are no rules. It does not have to be a romance between the pair either, just featuring the pair as your stories focus. Nor is there a set format. Artwork, comics, pmv’s, songs, radio plays, and animations will be allowed, and depending on the amount of entrants, will determine the prize bracket for those specific entries. Just link them to the group either in this post or a new forum. Animations will fall under different rules and regulations because of the complexity of those entries.

4. You do not have to submit a completed story, but just know that if you post more of a story, it might increase your chances. Sometimes, it’s the epic 14 parter that captures the heart. Sometimes it’s that perfect idea for a one shot. Submit wisely.

5. Proofreaders are not required, but encouraged. The easier your story is to read, the better the reaction from the judges.

6. There is no limit to the number of entries one can make. But one entrant cannot hold all five final slots, there must be at least two, maximum of 5.

7. The time limit for the contest will be 8 weeks from launch date to end. Animations are on a different time slot, and will be judged in round two to come. This gives you a long head start to best compete. The contest will close at 2359 (11:59 pm) mountain time on October 25th, 8 weeks after the initial launch. Late submissions will be accepted till 0800, but this is not encouraged. Punctuality will be taken into account.

Needless to say, only authors or artist in the group are eligible to compete, because that’s how you submit your stories to the group. If you join one day before the contest ends, you are allowed in, provided you submit your works on time. As for submitting, just add your stories to the new Contest Entries Folder to be entered. Artworks other than fictions can be posted to the group in a separate forum, or linked back to this forum. Either way is fine, as long as you follow the golden rule of submit it to enter. NSFW pictures can be linked to the judges in private message format. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to message me so I may help you.

Rules the judges will follow:

Our judges for this contest are Bookish Delight, co-mod of the Heartwarming Group, and MLPfield 3, founder and admin of the CMC Clubhouse Group.

1. We will not be judging based on stats. It does not matter how many faves or upvotes you get on your submitted works. We will be objective in all entries. They will be judged on content alone.

2. The other two judges are allowed to submit. I cannot because I’m hosting the event, and buying myself the prize is just rather pointless.

3. Judges are allowed to be contacted as conceptual consultants. It will be noted that judges may not be proofreaders though. It would take too much time sadly. If you pester a judge to try and get special favor or help, we will be super critical on your work. Like a Drill Sergeant during a Class A inspection critical. You will not pass, and you’ll feel silly for even trying that.

4. The judges will be rating all entries on a 5 star rating scale. If we have too many fics with perfect scoring, and I do hope we do, we will talk about it among ourselves and narrow it down to just five. If you are not selected, please note I’m not looking forward to it, and may just cave and give the group even more stories to vote on.

Voting:

All voting will be completed in one week from the close of submissions. Anyone that misses the vote in that time, sorry. The winner will be announced and contacted the following day with their creations displayed proudly on the group home page as features.

After the judges have narrowed it down to the top five stories, the vote will be turned over to the group to decide the grand prize winner.

Animations:

All animations will be entered into the next contests prize bracket. This is because unlike all other works, animation takes a ridiculously long time, so they will receive a special heads up for a chance to create and compete. If you have an animation ready to go already, please submit it, though I will ask why you just randomly have a custom RariTwi animation just sitting around like that.

Prizes for fictions:

Prizes will be decided by number of entrants into the contest. Note entrants refers to the number of people participating, not quantity of actual entries. If one person submits 100 works, they’ll be counted as 1 entrant. Each submission counts as a different entry though, and all entries are open for winning. You will not be limited to just one of your submissions, though if it's just a flood from less than 20 people, rules for level one apply. Prizes will default to the next lower stage if we get enough to move up. Ie, the prize for >20 will become second in the 20-50 category and so on. Also, note the lack of straight up cash prizes. That’s because we can’t offer that. Then you would be profiting from your fan based parody, and Hasbro will make another Equestria Girls movie, but in Middle School this time as retaliation.

> 20- level one- shirt of choice from welovefine or redbubble.

20-50 entrants - level two- shirt of choice and $25 prepaid gift card to use as you see fit.

50+ level three- grand pony prize pack including messenger bag, blind bag ponies picked at random cause my toys-r-us is unreliable, one funko figure of choice from the regular line, and 2 shirts of choice, or a $100 prepaid gift card. Pick the one you want.

Prizes for artworks or other creations:

Because we cannot guess how many of you will make art or music or whatever for this contest, the winner will be contacted and get to choose what they would like.

Suggestions and Prompts:

Some of you may feel creatively challenged when it comes to writing. That’s okay. Here is a short list of possible stories, and genres they would work best with.

1: After a night of drinking in Las Pegasus, Twilight and Rarity wake up hoof cuffed together.
genres: Romance, comedy, dark, or adventure.

2: Twilight or Rarity has an addiction the other must help them overcome.
genres: Dark, slice of life, comedy, romance, or random.

3: Twilight is in danger, and only Rarity can save her.
genres: crossover, romance, comedy, dark, alt. univ. or slice of life

4: Twilight and Rarity arrange for a double date, but ___ happens.
genres: all

5: Twilight and Rarity are caught in a heated debate about the essentials of life: ____ vs ____!
genres: comedy alone for a recommendation, but I would love to see someone pull off another genre.

1691281 Are they to send us the story or what's the deal with that?

Sam Cole
Group Admin

1693985 no just NSFW art. Stories go to the folders

Hm... I may join in on this. But I do have a question about the prompts. Do the entries have to follow a prompt, or are they only suggestions?

Thanks for your time. :twilightsmile:

Sam Cole
Group Admin

1695314 Only suggestions Blue. But glad to hear you're thinking of taking part. I look forward to it.

Cool. I've been thinking about doing a RariTwi for some time, so this is actually some pretty good timing. I'll do my best. :pinkiesmile:

1696052 Is there a contest folder put up?

Sam Cole
Group Admin

1710690 Yes, there is, and there are 4 sub folders: clop, friend shipping, shipping, and other cause I know if I don't include the other, someone will find a use for it.

1713896 :rainbowlaugh: Ok thank you. Also my group has made one of my personal achievements.

Okay this contest may have prompted a long one shot from me:yay:....well long for my standards.

1691281 Well this is off to a slow start.

Sam Cole
Group Admin

1727216 What did you expect? Everyone needs a chance to actually write the stories or draw their art. I'm kinda not expecting entries till 2 or three weeks in, but ya never know.

1726418 Sweet Toast, I'm glad to hear that and look forward to it amigo

1727858 Oh right... It escaped my mind that you weren't allowing already written stories... Sorry, last night was a bit too much fun.:pinkiesick:

Sam Cole
Group Admin

1728486 it figures that the day after I say that, someone submits the first story.:ajbemused:

What can I say? I felt inspired :twilightsmile:

1730455 Well I think we just needed to talk about it for it to happen.

How people have submitted anything, or have said that they will so far?

Sam Cole
Group Admin

1731314 a couple people have expressed interest in the contest so far, about five or six have personally let me know, and we have just one entrant as of now. But for an out of the blue creation contest, that's not actually that bad. First week and we already have results.

So...

I have to write the sequel to my current story. A Rare/Dash for Arsdenfax and another for the Rare/Dash group. And now a Twi/Rare story. All before Halloween. I'm going to have to play less Grand Theft Auto, and do more pony. :rainbowlaugh:

And I really don't get why this group isn't that big. Mind you, I am a massive supporter of the juggernaut that is Twi/Dash to the ends of the earth, and I'm sorta thumbs up on Apple/Dash - although they seem to be over done - but you would think these two being the intellectual powerhouses of the group would go well together. The same is too for Flutter/Rare. It... perplexes me.

And I could do something with 1, 2, 4, and 5. And maybe all of them combined. Don't tempt me.

And I don't even want a prize if I win. I just think I'm going to do it for the sake of doing it. Simply making people laugh/daww is why I write.

And my story is currently in the production stage.

Title? Bits, CRAPS, and Poker already! And its turning out to be a vortex of 1, 2, 4 and 5 together. Because what happens when you bring the mane six to gamble, drink, and have fun?

... Pretty much what happens when you do that to most ponies. Rarity and Twilight just happen to be the most sane.

Usually.

Depending on the amount of rum that is consumed. And bourbon.

Sam Cole
Group Admin

1856134 I'm looking forward to this amigo. Can't wait to read more boozed up mares :pinkiehappy:

Well to clear stuff up i'll be submitting artwork.
Thanks you for letting me know about this contest. this will kill lots of free time. :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23