SoarinFire 251 members · 136 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Spitfire is a confusing character to say in the least..:twilightblush: She seemed like a down-to-earth, easy-going sort of mare on first impressions, but then she kind of got aggressive and tough in Wonderbolts Academy...and we found out she's conniving in Rainbow Falls. This is why there's so many different interpretations of her character in fanfics.:rainbowderp: Now here's my question to you guys:
How do you write Spitfire in your fanifcs? Personally I try to keep her as close to canon as possible, but it was a pain in the butt because I also had to try to make her likable.

4165416 I try to make her a bit rough at times, but still meaning well. However, I do have a tendency to have her regret her actions in Rainbow Falls and feel a bit depressed at times. Sometimes it works in the stories I write, sometimes it doesn't. Anyway, I'd say if you don't go to either extreme on the scale of nice vs. mean, you should be okay for the most part. :pinkiesmile:

4165426 That's a good balanced perspective. :twilightsmile: I think I spent too much time trying to explain the motivations as to why she does mean things, instead of spending more time trying to show what was really good and redeeming about her.

4165435 Yeah. Having her make a mistake on occasion and learning from them or regretting them can help make her a balanced, interesting character. :twilightsmile:

Well, it's not exactly SoarinFire, but I do have a Spitfire shipfic here. I feel that I went more for her personality in Best Night Ever as opposed to her portrayal in Wonderbolt Academy. The way I see Spitfire, she can be aggressive but she's also got a level head. She will listen to others' suggestions if she respects them enough, and the drill sergeant persona is just that - a persona she puts on for the new hopefuls. At the same time, she can be impulsive if things don't go to plan, and that can lead to situations where she'll hurt someone, such as in Rainbow Falls.

That's my two cents on it. :rainbowwild:

I think she can be a bit of a meanie, but that there is more to her than that.

I mostly keep to how she was in season 1 and 2 in my writing of her.

Part of what makes Spitfire likeable for me is Soarin. Pretty much every time he is around, she is chill a nice wonderbolt's leader and boss. While he is around she seems like a down to earth, likeable leader and someone with a level head. Season 1 and 2 the wonderbolts pair seem pretty much glued together. Either best friends or lovers is what I think of their connection from their interactions and how they treat everypony. Because as either as her best friend or something more, Soarin would be able to be there to support her, calm her down and give her his less than serious thoughts on the matter to temper her own, harder outlook on everything. The two seem to compliment each other really well and it was a shame to see her appear mostly by herself (without him right by her side ALL the time) in the newer seasons. Its in those episodes where she comes across as a bit of a meanie and a real taskmaster and I have trouble liking her like that.

I like writing the two as a team more than alone. Spitfire without Soarin means she doesn't get his sillyness to bring her down to earth. So her explosive meanie moments go unchecked more often than when he is there to loosen her up. So really I use Soarin to help her be likeable as he sees past her issues and helps her to be a better, nicer mare.

4165416 if i were to write a fic about her, i would probably make her as close as possible to canon. Its pretty challenging, trust me, i know . As my favorite pony it should be easy... well long story short i would make her a mix of all the of the episodes.

I write her as a sassy,yet nice,and a good leader in my stories.I also portray her as the girlfriend of Spitfire.I also include Fleetfoot as her best friend.

She is sorta like Rainbow Dash only less obsessive over fame and mean.:coolphoto:

Comment posted by lambda deleted Dec 23rd, 2017
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9