The Petriculture Cycle 455 members · 8 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Kwakerjak
Group Admin

Chapter 1 is coming along nicely. It looks like it'll end up in the 3,000-5,000 word range, though that might get lengthened if I end up adding in more details to adjust the overall pacing. But besides that, I was hoping you guys might be able to help me.

You see, as wonderful as my prereaders are, the fact that all of them know how the story's going to end can make it difficult to write the Plot Summaries that FIMFiction requires, since it's not always easy to make them interesting (for example, the stark, minimal summary of Avocation did little to draw in readers who weren't already familiar with this series, but it was the best I could think of). Thus, I figure that because most of you haven't had the plot spoiled, if I let you see what I had for a summary, you could let me know if it's interesting. Thus, thanks to the wonder of spoiler tags, you'll be able to see what I have in mind below. Let me know what you think.

Life in Ponyville has been relatively quiet recently, which is somewhat surprising, given that the town's librarian tried to usurp the Equestrian throne only a few months ago. Aside from the new pegasus in town who set up shop as a cloudsmith, the aftermath of the incident is barely noticeable at all. Unfortunately, all that's about to change, thanks to the return of a certain revenge-obsessed showmare....

Looks good to me! Then again, I'm notoriously wishy-washy; I'm just no good at criticizing, so you might want a second opinion on that. Either way, thanks for letting us know that you're making progress on the next story. Can't wait to see it! :twilightsmile:

I think you could stand to be more specific about Trixie's intentions. As is, it's intriguing, but possibly not enough for someone who hasn't read the rest of the stories to be interested. If you're wanting new readers, you should definitely remove most of the references to the rest of the series and focus on what's happening in this story.

Kwakerjak
Group Admin

749666 - Well, seeing as how this is essentially an AU version of "Magic Duel," I doubt that focusing on what only happens in this story will generate much interest.

Very vague...

I like it! Trixie incoming! :yay:

It's funny and and says what the story will be about without spoiling it, I like it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6