Spike's First Glance (SFG) CLOSED 1,020 members · 804 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Blankscape
Group Contributor

Hey Guys, Blankscape here bringing another hashed out list needlessly lengthened courtesy of yours truly!

Hah, but seriously these will be the new rules that will already be in effect by the posting of this thread and your reading of it. One of the things I keep in mind when writing for the newly christened SFG Circle is to write simple enough rules that the group can feasibly function with as little handholding from the admin and group mods as possible. It needn’t be said that people have lives outside of FiMfic and the web, which is the main reason for said mindset, though I say it again just to make sure.

That isn’t to say I won’t be dropping in myself. I’ll be around SFG to check things out 2-3 a week, and hopefully when we get more reviewers and members in the future to keep the ship running tight. So if everyone does the same and pitches in to keep the group mildly coordinated in their own small way, things should be fine.

>>Conduct

So basically anyone can join the group. Things you can do include submitting stories, making group threads and comments on stories of others, which are the things that come off the top of my head right away. If you can think of other things, let me know below.

Other than that, I can’t impose any more criteria short of putting you all on a leash. Too much effort for little return. Anywho all that’s left to say for this section is be a good person in general.

If someone starts flaming at you, be reasonable and ask why. If they are still flaming at you, report them to a group mod or admin and they will get on the problem as soon as possible. And if you are being harassed in a thread of your own creation, you can pretty much delete their comments.

>>Submission

Rules for submission will pretty much the same as mention in the draft. Here’s the section again, with a few amendments:

The Submission queue will be open a short period after the preceding review cycle has ended and will remain open for about a week, or until the queue is full. Which ever happens first.

An author is allowed a single story per cycle, and may not submit stories that are not their own. No stories will be accepted after period for submission has closed and during the review process. The submission queue will not open until the current review cycle has finished its Cycle’s End Statement. This is to prevent back log.

Once the queue closes, the authors will notified of such, through PM and in the comment section of their story. They will also receive mention that their stories have been included in a cycle thread and will proceed to the next review cycle.

Upon submission, authors may request one specific character from the show to give their stories a passing first glance. Otherwise it will default to a critic's OC. Critics may write as characters from the show if they wish to do so anyway. But if the character they had in mind has already been written for, they must settle to write a different character's first glance review.

One thing I will be asking Hope about is adding a Drop By Reading folder for the group. Seeing as in other groups people can drop things in freely even though they aren’t members, it would help the group a lot if we could do that too. I will update this segment once Hope gets back to me.

>>Making threads

So yeah, you can make threads about anything. SFG Circle is pretty much a general group with a focus of making reviews but you can post stuff that isn’t too unrelated to the group. Here’s a bulleted list that enumerates some thread-worthy topics.

·         Story ideas and questions, suggestions.

·         Topics concerning stories within FiMfic.

·         Topics about writing advice.

·         Major news in Literature or any field/industry that fosters literary writing.

·         Simple grounded self-advertisement of stories. Give others a shot at first glance reviews maybe.

·         General topics that would interest the group as a whole.

·         Hasbro news concerning to MLP.

So there you have it. This list isn’t complete but it will added upon if others bring it up. Anything that doesn’t vaguely approach any item in the list is most likely not thread worthy.

(Note: if your username is Darth Gonzo, then every arbitrary thing that catches your fancy shouldn’t be made into a thread.)

>>Contact and Suggestions

So if you want to contact anyone in the group, admin/mods/salt of the earth members, just send a PM or comment on their story/user page. Pretty standard simple FiMfic procedure.

There will be a separate Suggestions Thread, if anyone has ideas to introduce to the group or make some improvements.

>>Closing Remarks

So yeah, things have been slow in the transition, but that was expected. Anywho, these are the rules for the group. If anything is missing or needs changing, let me know in the comments below.

Thank you to those who took the time to read this. Have a nice day!

-Blank

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1