Comments ( 257 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 257
Church
Group Admin

Interact with your fellow peoples here! Talk about whatever you want, no rules. Post adorable pictures, talk about the latest episode, talk about cool stories. Remember to be courteous to others.

Seriously. Don't be a dick.

So, I notice that Church seems to be a little manic these days. Or maybe he just has too much time on his hands.

Or maybe. . . he's a pod person.

Whatever, I'm enjoying the heck out of it.

Church
Group Admin

568638 I have way too much time on my hands. It is called break. This is the time where I get stuff done, and by get stuff done, I mean get nothing done.

Shhhhhh... don't tell everybody about my secret... keep your pods to yourself...

equestrian.sen
Group Contributor

So... did anyone else notice that the Apple/Smith family has only Earth ponies in it?

RainbowBob
Group Contributor

Because they're racist! Or something like that. Why else would no other member of the family be another pony race?

Church
Group Admin

569974>>570060 That's an interesting observation.

My family is full of white people. Am I racist?

equestrian.sen
Group Contributor

I don't think it can say anything about the people in your family that are neither married nor have kids, since they have no choice in the matter.

There's only one non-Indian person in my family. I don't notice any Indian-favoritism in those that have been schooled in the United States. Those that were raised in India almost always want their kids to marry Indians, but are somewhat open to change. Those that were raised in India and had all their kids raised in India almost universally push their kids to marry only Indians (one exception that I know of, out of eight).

Ponyville seems to be one of those places in Equestria where all the races mix and ponies open up to the idea of mating outside of their race. Canterlot and Manehattan could be roughly the Equestrian equivalents to our India. Canterlot is dominated by unicorns, and so Unicorn families from Canterlot tend to be against marrying non-unicorns. We can see this in Twilight's family, which as far as we know is exclusively unicorn. The same might be true of the Apple family. The only non-Ponyville location we know of populated by Apples is Manehattan, which we've seen to be dominated by earth ponies. Perhaps the other Apples and Smiths live in earth pony-dominated regions.

Thoughts? Concerns?

Church
Group Admin

570309 Yeah, no, that pretty much sums up just about everything quite well. Not much more you could add to that :ajsmug:

But wait! You are missing something! Mr. and Mrs. Cake. They are two earth ponies.

They have a unicorn foal and a pegasus foal.

They did say they had members of the family that were of other race. IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A FAMILY AS LARGE AS THE APPLES TO NOT HAVE A TRACE OF PEGASUS OR UNICORN!?

equestrian.sen
Group Contributor

You're right. It would be surprising for them to not have at least some pegasus or unicorn blood. The only explanation I can come up with is that the Apple family must be aggressively racist, to the point that they ostracize the non-earth ponies. When Granny Smith and Applebloom said that the "whole family" was attending, they must have assumed that pegasi and unicorns are not considered part of the family. Hell, they might even mean that those who marry pegasi and unicorns are also not part of the family. That would explain the two missing family members in the first reunion photo.

In any case, AppleDash is a no-go.

RainbowBob
Group Contributor

Good point there. In most of the AppleDash fics the only problem is usually Applejack's family being homophobic. But I don't believe I've ever seen them being racist before in a story. Could be interesting.

Church
Group Admin

570524 AppleDash is a no-go?

Well, we've just ruined a lot of people's dreams today, friends. Good job!

(P.S.- this means FlutterDash wins out best ship, even though it was in the first place. I think our findings have permanently cemented its location atop the leader board)

RainbowBob
Group Contributor

PinkieJack shall always be #1! Who doesn't like Apple Pie?

Church
Group Admin

570754 Save it for the threads :ajsmug:

*cough* FlutterDash *cough*

equestrian.sen
Group Contributor

570754>>570763
Alright guys, that's enough. If it's not TwiPie, then please direct to the appropriate threads.

EDIT: Holy frick, it's Friday already! This will be my first 100% unspoiled episode viewing since I started watching!

Church
Group Admin

570792 TwiPie? (Church shall save it for the shipping threads)

And neat! I'm terribly excited for you! (I hope it's better than recent episodes#ick)

equestrian.sen
Group Contributor

Episodes? Plural? I thought everything up to RAISE THIS BARN 1234 was pretty good. Did you not like Wonderbolt Academy?

JellyMyst
Group Contributor

570999 Not everything up to then was good. Remember the opening two-parter of season 3?
/me shudders
I also feel a lot more could have been done with "Too Many Pinkies." Incidentally, I am writing a fic exploring an idea I had while watching that episode, but I'm gonna stop myself there, since this thread is not where shameless self-promotion goes.

Church
Group Admin

570999 Eh, Wonderbolt Academy was fine. Quite honestly, the most recent of episodes is my least favorite. But this season has been "meh" so far.

But I heard that Discord's coming (and it's a Fluttershy ep), so that will be awesomesauce.

Flitter was at the Apple Family Reunion, and she's a pegasus....so. Guess AppleDash is back on. Apparently unicorns are right out, though. Them and their devil magics, or something.

So this is apparently for socializing? Hi! I'm Sunchaser, I write ponestories (or so I would have you believe, recently...). Twilight is best pony, Applejack Octavia is best background, Sweetie Belle best CMC, etc.

I'm also just as capable of being completely insane as the rest of you. I mean it. Bring it, fillies.

Also, Spike at your Service is (as yet) the best of Season 3, I think. There, /social over!

Church
Group Admin

576955 Flitter was at the reunion? Right. But did she have any right to be there? She may have very well lost her way or crashed the party, the latter being more likely. Anyway, I won't have to break the unfortunate news to bookplayer if AppleDash does remain canon.

Welcome! Church here, your (inept) host and lover of many varieties of bread. Fluttershy is best pony, and Courage the Cowardly Dog is best BG. Yesyes.

Insane? Whoever said we were insane? Just because we like to keep our Christmas stockings up year round and on occasions wear them around the house whilst proclaiming "I am a pretty unicorn!" doesn't make us insane.

Enjoy your stay here (hopefully we attract more visitors so that we have more people to converse with)! :heart:

568638 Hey! We officially denounced AppleDash and then sorta kinda renounced it. This is completely relevant to everything.

KitsuneRisu
Group Admin

I am a pretty unicorn.

equestrian.sen
Group Contributor

You may be insane, but are you... silly?

Too Many Pinkies is best S3 episode IMO for having those brain-melting conundra of "Did I really just follow around a clone for five and a half minutes?" and "Did Best Pony just kill that cottony ball of sweetness that I followed around for five and a half minutes?". Also, it has what could very likely be Best Scene.

Bon Bon, Cloudchaser, and Golden Harvest were also there in that Flitter scene. I like to think that they, and possibly others in that scene, were just there to help out with the ruined barn. It seems pretty unlikely that Golden Harvest and Bon Bon are part of the family since they live in Ponyville and they missed the reunion in Mare in the Moon. (This is how I justify ruining the lives of AppleDash fans.)

Have you seen that pony hypnosis thing too?! I'm a smart pony. Not yet, but someday! Assuming that I don't get too creeped out by the idea before that day.

KitsuneRisu
Group Admin

Wut, no. I... I'm just saying that I'm a pretty unicorn.
BECAUSE I AM.

No haha, that's just silly.

I'm an unfortunately ugly unicorn.

equestrian.sen
Group Contributor

No kidding, most unicorns have a giant bump on their heads. But you make a pretty decent earth pony, if your avatar is anything to go by.

Speaking of silly, .

KitsuneRisu
Group Admin

My icon is one of my OC ponies from one of my fics. I don't have a pony that I use as my persona, specifically. I just use her because I like her and she's sort of my baby, and she suffers from a social disorder so I'm forcing her to be more exposed in public for her own good.

Yes, I'm creepy that way.

And what was that...? About silliness? Yes? HMMM?

HMMMMMMMMMMMM?

570504>>570524
I have a very large, extended family, and my mom has done the genealogy tracing us back hundreds of years. Many families have traces of other races or ethnicities, but mine is entirely German, Italian, French, English (Cornish) and Irish, despite having been in Maryland, one of the most racially diverse states, for hundreds of years. My large extended family is 100% European-descended.

Or we were, until my sister married a black guy. Now we are not 100% European-descended.

What's the problem with AppleDash again?

Church
Group Admin

583630 Hey, do you think that, um, your OC pony and my OC pony could, like, hook up? We'd be real cute together... :pinkiehappy: (there needs to be a Pinkie creepy smile face...)

583930 That's impressive. I don't know my roots all that well, but I know that I'm German. "Aryan Race" and all that jazz. But I'm not looking for world domination, if you were worried about that at all...

My cousin married a black guy. We don't talk to them anymore 'cuz they stole thousands and thousands of dollars away from us. OMG I just realized how incredibly racist that sounded. It wasn't the black guy's fault, people! It was my grandparent's with my cousin's help!

We denounced AppleDash in this thread and then sort of renounced it again. Idk.

KitsuneRisu
Group Admin

570524>>583930>>570504
Just gonna drop my 2 cents here.

For the argument about the Cakes having some really weird babies, the same argument could be made for the Apple Family. Since the Cakes have sort of hinted that geneology plays a part in what comes out, then could the Apple family NOT just simply have a predisposition to spitting out earth type pokemon?

Let's say there WERE some pegasi and unicorns in the Apple family. But due to the genetic disposition, the chances that their baby would be an Earth one is very much higher.

And for the purposes of the argument, let's just say that those specific members of the family couldn't make it for some reason or another.

Either way, the family would still be predominated by MOSTLY Earth-types.

The other argument is really what Sen and Churchy alluded to - in that it's really based on your family and who you're with. The apple family has a very long traditionally established family heritage that just simply lends itself to them hanging out with the same kind of ponies. Remember that ep with the Christmas story thingie? Yeah. The Earth ponies plant the food, the Pegasi rule the skies, and the Unicorns sort of just sit around and fart.

You hang out with your own kind, as has been the case in society for a long time. Sure, mixes occur, but it's about UTILITY.

It's about how far you want to go. Even in Bookplayer's case, you could say that each one of those races she pointed out was a Unicorn or a Pegasus, or you could group them ALL together under one united band of being 'Earth Pony', while you say the Unicorns are other more diversely different races.

My father is a Canton and my mother is Hakka, and you COULD sort of say that that means it's two different races mixing, but in the end you kind of just not care and say yeah, they're all Chinese, because really, that's pretty much what it is, and there's too many of us already anyway.

Maybe 4 generations ago, it mattered. Now, we're all so mixed up like cheesecake poon that no one really cares anymore. No one even ASKS, hey, what CLAN ARE YOU FROM? Although, once, I had an army buddy who was a direct descendant of a pure-blood line of huns, which was honestly, rather neat. He had a freakishly chiselled chin.

But I digress.

Maybe the apple family has some members hiding dluted blood from different 'earth' clans. That would be the first stage in a diversity.

The rest comes later. It's only due to modernization and the waning need of utility that more creative relationships can bloom, and that is exactly what might have happened regarding the Apples. They might be at the VERY CUSP. Applejack and Bloom might be the first in this new generation to break out of the racial lock, and there always HAS to be the first.

In my family? It's my cousin. She's getting married next month to a white guy.

Why? Because in this modern age...

we have Skype.

And that is all.

P.S. Ain't nothin' wrong with no AppleDash.

KitsuneRisu
Group Admin

Depends. Which one of my OCs are you looking at and which OC of yours are you offering?
How much poon is there going to be? A lot? A little?

Ballpark me here, people, BALLPARK ME.

If you want you can have that little tasty delight in my icon. She suffers from an anxiety social disorder that makes her a prime target for rape and abuse. She'll just shut down and let you have your way with her, and the best part is that part of her disorder lends her to have an eidetic memory, so she will remember every single thing you do to her, forever and ever and ever, and be haunted by it to her grave, allowing you to have complete and full domination over every aspect of her.

That's what you're asking for, right?

equestrian.sen
Group Contributor

I think he was going for the other kind of creepy. The one where an adult takes two dolls and pretends that they're having a date and a tea party, and that they put on make up and a dresses and are raiding a ship and dumping tea leaves overboard and mailing them to politicians and protesting taxes and judicial interpretation while singing Canadian rock songs.

KitsuneRisu
Group Admin

Eew..

Canadian rock songs?!

equestrian.sen
Group Contributor

585731>>583948
Seriously. Church, you're going to have to explain yourself.

Church
Group Admin

585761 Explain myself for what? You're the one mentioning Canadian rock songs. Not me.

barbeque
Group Contributor

I just discovered something interesting:
At the moment of writing, there are 44 members in this group, and looking at the member list, 2 people joined after me. Thus that makes me... number 42

Church
Group Admin

585731>>593975

Can we get this guy a medal Kitsune? We should get this guy a medal.

You are the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

KitsuneRisu
Group Admin

594534 593975
The 42 medal?

You got it.

In fact, let's give him 42 medals.

Hello everypony just here to say Hi and to see how you are all doing today.

Anything interesting happen to any of you recently?

Church
Group Admin

594561 42 of the same medals or 42 different medals?

602387 What constitutes as "interesting"?

barbeque
Group Contributor

603981 I secretly went ahead (aka I was bored out of my mind yesterday) and upgraded my avatar and user page to reflect this stunning achievement. Nevertheless, I look forward to what you two are planning, and will once again update the page should it be necessary in the future.

Also, I'm currently about halfway through Fallout: Equestria, and I have to say it's a genre I wouldn't have read if it wasn't about ponies. It's really dark, and I want to take a week or so break from it by reading some happy shipping. I'm open for suggestions, or I will just randomly pick something I already downloaded.

Well it changes from person to person but for me I find it as anything out of the ordinary that sticks out.

Example My computer charger broke so I need to get a new one. Things as simple as that.

Church
Group Admin

604597 Holy Crap! That's awesome! It looks quite good. On behalf of this here group, I say that you have the most "dashing" avatar!

HA!

(that was terrible)

Also, I never got into FoE. It just isn't my style, ya know? But I know it's good. I suggest bookplayer. But I'm biased, because that's one of my good friends, and I don't know shipping very well.

605387 I've written a lot of words for various stories lately. That's weird for me, 'cuz I'm usually quite lazy.

barbeque
Group Contributor

I never expected to like (or at least, keep wanting to read more) FoE as much as I do. But it's borderline for me as well. It actually crosses that line a few times, just not too often, or long enough for me to turn it down completely.

Because timezone difference is magic, I didn't get your reply until morning, so I just started on shortskirt's Loyalty Begins With an L. But I'll read some of bookplayer's next time, then.

I see laziness does pervent a lot of people from doing a lot of things

KitsuneRisu
Group Admin

621925>>622264>>607948>>611613

I DECLARE A CONTEST OPEN! Based on the numbers argument in the brag thread. I'm moving it here though, because we kind of want the brag thread to be about braggin' =3

Based on the ideas of both of you, and based on my own wish to waste your time, I do declare the rules to be as follows ->

1. Find the cutest picture of a couple of your choice.
2. Add mustaches to them.
3. Upload.

Most mustachey picture wins!

I say yes I will upload it when I can

Personally, I think this should be the official method for settling all disputes in this group. Honor shall not be satisfied until the two have produced their pictures.

KitsuneRisu
Group Admin

Actually...
Church and I are already planning the tournament. :rainbowlaugh:

barbeque
Group Contributor

624540>>624527
Awesome idea. I'll work on it when I have the time, it might take another day or so, but I'll upload something before the end of the week at least.

624540 624578
Here is the picture I made not the best but all I have is paint which is a pain to do anything on

source of orginal

barbeque
Group Contributor

624921>>624540
Source
Why this picture? Apart from a mirror of ponyderivative, I only have some wallpaper source pony images on my PC (I am working on fixing this). This was about the only picture left which had two characters, and I was too lazy to go on the web and search for others.
Click the image for a huuuuuuuge version to see what I did exactly...

(imgur screwed the quality, click HERE for a HQ .png file on Zippyshare (use the Download Now button)) Made with GIMP

I also made a screenrecording of editing the image, if everything went OK I will post that in one or two days as well

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 257