Lightning Dust Is Best Pony 550 members · 498 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
SolidFire
Group Admin

The competition has a prompt that was decided by your illustrious parasprite. The story entries must be about why Lightning Dust was accepted into the Wonderbolt Academy in the first place. It could be anything along the lines of a race or an impressive trick. Just anything that any of you amazing writers can think of. The story will have a 2,500 word minimum. It can be as long as you want it to be. I am thinking that the rating can be anything. E, T, or M. Although we would recommend that you don't make it a mature fic. The contest shall end 1 week after the first person submits their story. So if you want to get a leg up, submit early.
Best of luck to anyone that wants to take part!

These are the contestants for the competition:
RainbowBob
Mercgilado
LightningDust
Aves Dominari
ArtCreatesIdeas
Shanenator
JustImagine
Silver Eyes

Best of luck to all of you in the competition. Once your story is done, send me a link to it in a PM. I'll make the folder and a forum post saying that there is one week remaining in the competition.

~SolidFire

Question: Do we have to wait to publish the story till after the result is drawn or can we go ahead and publish it now?

SolidFire
Group Admin

...that is an excellent question. I suppose you could publish it now, bus you just need to send me a PM when it is completed.

Damnit!:flutterrage: got in late

SolidFire
Group Admin

If you really want to you can join, but you might not have all that long to write something.

What is the deadline?

SolidFire
Group Admin

Well, if LightningDust would get back to me, I would be able to tell you. You have at least a week to write the story. You might have a bit more though.

A week? According to contests I've seen in other groups, people usually have trouble keeping up with a 3 months deadline.

:rainbowlaugh:

Granted, the minimum word count is about the double, but still. Give the contestants some time!

SolidFire
Group Admin

Well, I was making it so that everyone would have a week once the first person submitted their story. But that isn't really working out. I'll extend the deadline to a more rigid time that is much further away.

You want something that's far enough so people have a chance to write quality stories (Celestia knows we could use more good Lightning Dust fan fictions), but not too far where people become lazy or forget about the contest. A month and a half should be more than enough for a 2,500 words minimum, but I'd give two or three if most are going for multichapter stories. I'm not very familiar with the writers here, so you'll know best.

:twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11