Overly Extensive Editors 745 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

GDOCS LINK (Set to comment only until an editor is decided on)

Rating: Mature (Profanity, sex)
Genre: Romance, Drama, Alt. Universe (see details below)
Alternative Universe: Equestrian magic operates differently from the films, thus altering certain canon events. Humans also have normal flesh colors. Written before Legend of Everfree and Season 6 of the show.
Word Count: 109,848
Short Synopsis: Rainbow Dash is in a bind. Fluttershy can help, but things get complicated amidst mind games and family pressure. The bloom of awkward love is just the icing on the cake.
Long Synopsis: The girls are now second-year students of Everfree State University. Though still good friends, they've drifted apart. None could have expected the bloom of awkward love to be the thing that brings them all together again. Least of all, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.
Cast: Rainbow Dash is the protagonist. Features all of the main 7 and a smattering of secondary and background ponies. Primary antagonist is Rainbow Blaze, RD's dad.
Technical Editing Needed: Low. The story had already been in the very capable hands of Bobdat, who has worked as a professional editor. Probably the biggest challenge is less the grammar and spelling, and more the story itself.

Other: The story is written in third person limited. POV mainly stays with Rainbow, but we see things from Fluttershy's side fairly often. One time, from Sunset Shimmer's.

One major goal of the story was attempting a kind of "realism" to it (as real as you can get with magical pony girls and people named 'Pinkie Pie'.) I also wanted it to feel like the tv shows The OC or Riverdale-- a stylized drama with intertwining storylines.

It wasn't my intention to use it in this way, but a while ago I did a blog post about how to find a story's theme from examining plot and character. I used WTEtG as an example, and it shows alot of what I'm going for in the story, thematically speaking. I also did a blog post on character archetypes, and used WTEtG as an example as well. Post is here.

What I'm hoping for: This is an ambitious story that needs an editor that can give it the love it so desperately needs. Two major areas of improvement (that I can identify) is the weak and slow beginning, and the role Rainbow Blaze plays as an antagonist. Otherwise, everything else is just the normal finetuning and plot management.

GDOCS LINK (Set to comment only until an editor is decided on)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1