Overly Extensive Editors 745 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Equestria has grown from a land of peace to a world of Harmony, thanks to the efforts of six ponies. With neighbors now friends, the world has never been so unified.

Then tragedy strikes the beating heart of Equestria. Fortunately, hope for Princess Twilight rests in the hooves of her former student, Starlight Glimmer. Armed with only a foal's storybook and her own unshakable faith, Starlight seeks a reclusive group dwelling deep in the heart of an otherworldly bog. If anyone can save the pony who changed her life, it's them.

But can Starlight bear the price of payment? Will she allow her friends to shoulder that burden with her?

I am looking for a proof-reader who can edit fast and give suggestions as to how to strengthen prose, and overall emotion and atmosphere.

This story is a Drama/Tragedy. It's a character-heavy piece with focus primarily on Starlight Glimmer, with Twilight as a secondary main character, and several others as supporting cast such as Maud, Trixie, Tempest Shadow, and the rest of the mane six plus Spike. I can't say too much without giving it away (until I've been approached by an editor that is), but go into this knowing I have a clear idea about where this story is going and why. It deals with themes such as forgiveness, guilt, self-love, and empathy.

One thing to note is this story pretends it's actually canon-Equestria, right down to the lack of violence, swearing, and other things in the like.

I'm putting a lot of heart and soul into bringing this piece to life. I want it to be EqD-worthy, which leads me to my next point: where my document leads is not "everything" published right now, but it's the entirety of the first chapter (split into five big fragments) I've gotten to rewriting, as well as a lot of the second chapter. I understand the guidelines asked for the entire story, but I hope you'll see why that isn't exactly possible at the moment. I am looking for a second editor to pick up the pace of my one and only.

I hope at least one of you is intrigued by this story! I do wish I could say more about it; but if you have any questions about it before going in, let me know. I'd be more than happy to answer them if they would give you a better feel for 'The Broken Bond.'

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1