Overly Extensive Editors 745 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Hap

Twilight's Rose
[sci-fi] [dark] [Twilight Sparkle] [OC]

When a deep-space salvage crew discover an ancient derelict colony ship, they quickly realize that it’s more than an impressive salvage award—it may be the key to finding ponykind’s lost home planet. What they don’t expect is the ship’s sole survivor: a legendary, immortal alicorn who offers them everything they want. And all she wants is to be friends.

This is a story about three ponies from three different worlds, working together as the crew of a deep-space salvage tug, who stumble upon an ancient colony ship. In fact, it's so old, it lacks a faster-than-light drive, which means it predates their entire historical record - and must therefore be from Earth, the lost homeworld of ponykind. The ship is bigger than anything they've ever seen, big enough for multiple cities to thrive... but no life signs, and no life support.

What they find inside is a living legend: an alicorn. And she's very very lonely.

Total length: about 44k words in ten chapters.

While this story is in the editing process, I plan to illustrate it in the style of classic pulp science fiction novels of yesteryear.

This story is complete, and has been pre-read by two people already, and been through a round of changes two rounds of changes as a result.

I've had several EQD-featured stories, and several in the feature box, but I'm hoping to write something that's, well, "high quality." This group was recommended.

Thanks!

[updated 7/24]

Link to the story plz

I'd be happy to have a look if you want to send a link.

Hap

I've updated with cover art, and new word count after the last round of editing and splitting a long chapter into two new chapters.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4