Overly Extensive Editors 745 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Hello there, I would be very happy if someone would kindly take the time to have a look at, and possibly edit, my work. Here's some basic information:

Description: "Dragonfire, a confident, mercenary mare and pony hardened by a lifetime living upon the dusty, old corpse of a nation long since desolated, takes her life as it comes. Little does she know that something's stretch far beyond the apocalypse she's come to know, and they have been waiting for somepony like her for a long time"

Tags: Adventure, Crossover, Dark (pretty standard Fo:E in that regard)

Rating: Mature (Gore: fairly regular. Sex: included in some chapters, yet rarely in extreme detail.)

Characters: Main cast will all be OCs, with the exception of flashbacks and the likes. (Once again, pretty standard for Fo:E)

Word Count: Average chapters will be between 10,000 and 15,000 words, however this may vary from time to time. Number of chapters is yet to be determined, however the number written is about 15. (Not looking only for someone to do all of them, yet if someone is willing to help out so regularly that would be very much appreciated.)

Updates: Both the prologue and first chapter are currently ready for editing. As for the rest of the story, I hope to start off slow with one or two chapters a month. Yet, that may increase depending on popularity and my free time to write.

Criteria: Mostly spelling and grammar checks as well as rooting out any typos. I will have been through any chapter many times before hand, yet I'm not perfect. (Please feel free to take a look at any of my other stories if you would like to get a feel for my writing style and skill level as they are all edited by myself) Story is set in the Fo:E universe so some knowledge of that (or even the game universe) would be helpful, but it is not absolutely necessary. Lastly, any constructive feedback, criticism and advice would also be greatly appreciated and incredibly helpful.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post. If anyone is interested in helping me out please PM me and I can send you a link to the first Google Docs or Fimfic version if you'd prefer.

AuthorGenesis
Group Admin

5370758 What level of gore-age are we talking about? Gore from bleeding from a shallow cut? Gore from a much more fatal wound? Gore in which the inner organs are displayed? Gore in decapitation of one or more limbs? Does the goreage serve a purpose or is it just there to attempt to retain readers through a violent display of conflict? Because if the gore serves a purpose, then I'm fine with it, but if it's just mindless bloodletting, then I can't express interest.

Also, if I accept to assist you with editing you story, I require several things.

1) That this story will be seen to its completion.
2) Even if you don't like/implement my sugesstions from the comments I make, that you will at least consider them.
3) Any edits that I suggest will be implemented in your actual story
and 4) Communication: Because if you feel I'm taking too long or I feel that your involvement has dropped, then I will cease my efforts should there be a cessation of communication.

If you're still interested in having me edit your story for you and agree to the rules laid out above, then give sallypri7@gmail.com editing permission and I'll see what I can do for you.

5370813 Hello, thanks for taking the time to read this. As for my response...

The levels of gore will vary. As for its purpose? It serves one very similar to the games off which this universe was based and the original Fo:E story. It's there mainly to display the brutality of the world and apocalypse. Ballistic weaponry is commonly included and used in the story so wounds can be what you would expect from such weapons in real life, obviously depending on where a pony is it and how hard extra... There are cases where gore is displayed and used to decorated the lairs of mad ponies, once again something derived from the Fallout series and something to show off just how harsh the world can be. There was some instances of bloodletting, yet they're are used to show just how cruel some characters can be, or just how messed up they are.

I do intend to finish this story, yet I do not know how long that will take as of yet. I'm currently in the middle of doing another fictional story that does not involve ponies, and that is my priority right now. The 200K words (some of which are not ready to be edited) or so I have written of this however, will probably hold out until I finish my current work, at which point my attention will be focuses mainly on this. I foresee that being in November or a little later.

I'm always open to suggestions and advice, providing there is also help and advice on how to implement such things without ruining other stuff.

As for communication my Gmail is: davies.lewis1@gmail.com or facebook:davies.lewis1 on Skype.

In conclusion, I think your terms are reasonable and if this is still okay with you I look forward to discussing more.:twilightsmile:

Comment posted by BleedingRaindrops deleted Jul 20th, 2016
AuthorGenesis
Group Admin

5370915 Chapter 3 edits and comments are up.

AuthorGenesis
Group Admin

5370915 Chapter 4 edits and comments are up.

AuthorGenesis
Group Admin

5370915 comments and edits for ch. 5 are up.

AuthorGenesis
Group Admin

5370915 Edits and comments for Ch. 6 are up.

5937943 Thanks:twilightsmile:, that was pretty fast!:yay:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9