Apple Pie 256 members · 53 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Esle Ynopemos
Group Admin

Howdy, y'all!

You know, this group has come a ways since it was started. We've got a pretty decent membership, considering Apple Pie is the least-shipped Mane Six pairing. And among that handful of us, we have a fair amount of activity here. There's groups three or four times this size that don't have as much active participation as you guys show. Overall, I'm pretty proud of where we've come.

But I want more. :pinkiecrazy:

We need an event, something that involves the FimFic community at large. Something that Wanderer D can stick in his monthly group activities post that folks will see and go, "That sounds like fun! I want to try!"

A fanfic contest might work. It certainly boosted membership over at the Selfcest group when they did it. But we're Apple Pie, darn it! We think outside the box!

And inside the chimney!

We ought to have something different than just a regular old fanfic contest. Either some kind of activity completely different from a contest, or a significant twist on the whole idea of a contest that suits the uniqueness of the ship.

So I'm coming to you folks for ideas. What have you got for me? What can we do to introduce the teeming masses to the deliciousness that is Apple Pie?

A collab Apple Pie adventure-romance:rainbowderp: Wait, what?

Writing prompts?

Short stories from pictures?

A party forum?

AJ and Pinkie playing some music together in a fic?

A rodeo fic?

A contest.... to make.... errr... uhhh....:ajsmug::heart::pinkiehappy: A whole bunch of small slice of life moments?

That's all I got right now:applejackunsure:

Maybe a series of dialogue contests. Pinkie and Applejack have two of the most unique :pinkiehappy: ways of speaking out of the mane 6. What about a contest where there is a photo with a caption spoke by one of them, and the idea is to see who comes up with the best dialogue for the other, assuming Apple Pie.

To take that a step further, what if each day/every-other-day during the month it continued on from the winner, to map out all the dialogue of some crazy scene between our two favorite mares. It would have to be something comedic I think, but that shouldn't be too hard.

Obviously with either of these ideas, staying in character is the biggest concern, with humor value deciding among the equally characteristic responses.

I've never seen this done before, but it's a thought.

'Could be fun to do a double-blind round robin ... First writer in the circle gets a picture for inspiration and writes a chapter before passing it onto the next, who writes their own addition and sends only] their chapter along to the next, etc. Someone compiles the chapters and uploads it, and then craziness happens when people read what happened, kinda like mad-libs.

It's an adventure when these kinds of fics happen, and with ApplePie I could see it going in a completely amazing and unexpected direction at any point.

875209 I do love the idea of a dialogue contest, though.

Only idea I have is maybe we can do a fic exchange. Though...I do like the idea of a round robin.

If I think of anything I'll post it but I do like HoovesMcCoys and Midnight heralds ideas along with a couple of HeartTortoisePigeonDogs.

Fic exchange, round robin, or prompts based from pictures all sound wonderful to me. I'd love to try out some of these. :pinkiehappy:

Esle Ynopemos
Group Admin

875170>>875209>>875358>>875593>>885933

Hey, wow, there was a lot more responses to this than I thought. That'll show me for leaving this unattended for a couple days.

There's some really great ideas here. I'm starting to gear up for my final projects for the semester, so I won't have time to get anything going just yet, but in the next couple of weeks I'll probably be asking for volunteers to help me set up that round-robin deal.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9