Gilda 954 members · 711 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

So, who do you guys ship your favorite catbird with? I ship her with Spike for reasons I don't know of, but will defend to the death.

In my mind I ship with derpy. It due to a lack of .... Ability it is looked in my mind

I ship her with Big Macintosh currently...
But I am planning for Applejack as well.
You'll see.

I ship her with Trixie, and devotedly. I wrote several stories worth of justification beyond just "bad girls stick together." They make a good pair and can support one another and help one another grow up. And Gilda has learned to cook pine cones exactly as Trixie likes.

L4

I ship it with RD as canon sense.

I would ship it with Fluttershy without the whole abuse bullshit, but it wouldn't be butterflies and flowers either.

This also go with Derpy

Gildash seems to be the most believable of all the possibillities, even though,
I must admit that I really like how you show Trixie#s Life and how Gilda can be an improtant part of it.

Thank you. Their relationship lets me explore some surprisingly deep themes like povery, bigotry, rolling with situations, privelege, culture and even romance-influenced conversions (with an examination of both abandoning a painful culture but retaining parts that are still good while transitioning.)

Actually considering shipping her with Pinkie, of all people. I like the idea that despite not liking each other in the least, and really, actively hating each other, it makes them think about one another more often than they normally would. The leap between passionate loathing and genuine attraction would kind of be a fun one to write.

802102 Even before "Yule in a Donut Shop", I shipped Blueblood and Gilda a LOT. Jerk and Jerk, either could have hidden depths.

Then again, I'm a person whom ignores secondary/tertiary canon with the books and makes Cadance, in my ideas, Blueblood's biological older sister, so take it with a grain of salt.

At the start of such a relationship, of course things would be extremely rocky. They clash. One is a refined, pampered/spoiled pretty boy and the other is a tomboy predator. But they make it work because they are just so stubborn... and because it makes Cadance question her expertise on her 'shipping charts'.

Again, grains of salt... or sand.

In a thread on a another group forum, others and myself post... brief scene ideas. Here is one from both me and NemoSpecific... of Cadance in 'pushy big sis mode' flipping out and recovering from the news that her brother branched WAY out of his comfort zone. And this is only our second jest of Gilda meeting her dweeb stallion's sister-in-my-head-canon.

"BUT THE CHART!"

Blueblood could only blink, raising a single brow as his eldest and only sibling, The Crystal Princess and Alicorn of Love herself, Mi Amore Cadenza, went into what could only be described as a seizure. The pink, violet-and-gold-maned alicorn was frothing at the mouth like a terrier with a case of rabies, eyes wide and pupils in pinpricks, and writhing on her side and back, her limbs twisting unnaturally as she seemed to still try and process that he, her snobbish, unimpressive, socially-inept little brother had procured himself a mare- ahem, henfriend.

A sideways glance at said griffin, her neck newly decorated with a topaz and silver pendant, showed Vladimir Blueblood -not "Prince Vladimir Blueblood, as that was redundant with Vladimir meaning "prince"- that Gilda herself was actually fighting to show restraint, visibly clamping her beak shut with her own claws, tears of mirth and laughter on those eyelids.

"... Dear, go ahead. It's not healthy to bottle things up, Aunty and Granny told me."

And so, cawing laughter echoed through the halls of the Crystal Palace.

"... Out of your system?"

"YES," the griffon wheezed out. Gilda then gasped for breath and wiped away a tear. "Okay, I know why I was laughing, but I thought you ponies were supposed to be all sympathetic and stuff. What's your deal, Blood?"

Blueblood watched as light started pouring from Cadance's eyes and mouth and a bass rumble started shaking the room... and simply rolled his eyes. "She does this all the time. Ever since we were foals! A few months ago, she did the exact same thing because I didn't wear the tie she got me for Hearth's Warming."

Gilda stared at Blueblood before glancing at the Princess, who was now hovering a few feet off the floor and surrounded by a shifting black aura. She opened her beak to say something, but Blueblood interrupted with "No, no, just let her get it out of her system. She's impossible to talk to when she's like this."

As waves of searing heat and biting cold rolled off of Cadance, Blueblood counted down from ten. Just as he reached one, a blinding flash of pink filled the room and Cadance was back to normal. Her mane was the tiniest bit disheveled and there was a tightness about her jaw, but she was standing on her own hooves and glaring at Blueblood like nothing had happened.

"You. Me. We are going to have a long talk, mister!"

Blueblood booped his sister on the nose. "After lunch. We've kept our Aunties waiting long enough, and I expect you to behave yourself. No more tantrums, alright?"

Cadance huffed and stuck her tongue out before settling into a pout. "Fiiiiiine..."

Gilda shook her head and tried to settle her feathers. It was always a thrill, being reminded why she'd fallen for the big blonde dweeb.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9