Babs Seed 352 members · 326 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Here's a photo from DeviantArt I thought I'd post here. It's of Ms. Seed getting down in the dumps because Hasbro tried to slap a (violent-in-presentation) cutie mark against the wishes of many of her fans, including myself.

DHX/Hasbro has played a game of deception involving her. Despite all that the portrayals of what Babs Could Be (i.e. non-violent, talented-in-music [IMO], and all-together a big ol' friend of the CMC who wants to see potentials fulfilled in fillies), after Season 3, all DHX/Hasbro wants to do with Babs Seed is to have her remembered ONLY as a bully because of the (viral, self-titled) song/episode (One Bad Apple). They also want Bronies to actively do the same thing THEY want to do with her, no matter how outrageous it can be.

I, and I guess some of you, feel that THIS portrayal is just disgraceful, dishonest, deceiving, and dishonorable. Babs should've NEVER been kicked down the road toward being a bully, ESPECIALLY after she gained more fans based on her (much more positive) portrayal in "Apple Family Reunion" (by contrast, her most accessible episode if you hate "One Bad Apple", even though it's not about her).

It's time to end it once and for all. We cannot have DHX/Hasbro get away with consistently negative portrayals of Babs nor can we tolerate partially DHX/Hasbro-sponsored fanfics that have such portrayals...we ALL need her on a positive route. When you come back from BronyCON, see this and join me in taking action against DHX/Hasbro and buying Babs away from her. Otherwise, these negative Babs Seed portrayals are gonna be coming back to us like the plague, and Hasbro is just going to allow the fandom to toss similarly negative Babs portrayals at us.

And, I just remembered. I have a long-held dream in my head. I have dreamed that one day, one day, Babs is going to get out of the trap she's in and be somebody other than whoever DHX/Hasbro wants her to be. We can make her famous! We can win this war against the people who are doing harm to her, for I feel as though they are abusing the right they have to their own creation!

Who is with me?

>violent in presentation cutie mark
Clearly, your mind is not dirty enough. Those scissors don't work for cutting the way they're drawn; it's obvious that her talent is a little moreā€¦ intimate. :raritywink:

But seriously, though. You're reading far too much into this.

4617938 Calm down and stop, before you make us all just :facehoof:, if you wouldn't mind.

4617938 You will never be able to do any of that. It is not a realistic wish. You can't sue a copyright and/or trademark holder for the misuse of a character, or at least, not successfully.
4617960 Too late. I already have.

Regidar
Group Admin

4617938 Dear Christ, dude. There's so much wrong with the world, and with the amount of effort it would take to achieve this, you could have done something that would ACTUALLY MATTER with the same amount of effort or less. If you really feel this strongly about shit, channel that energy into helping the defeated and downtrodden, not trying to change the mind of some giant corporation on how they want to sell one of the characters from a children's cartoon.

4617938 , I am with you! Babs has the potential to be a great character but Hasbro is crushing that. Of all the cutie marks they could have given her she got a pair of scissors. Scissors! This is injustice! :flutterrage:

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

What's wrong with scissors (aside from the strangely impractical depiction of them)?

4618691 Great! Finally, I got a supporter! Let's put you on my team and hope we come out as the winners!

Well, Lord, I feel the way the legendary Jim Henson did when he took his Muppet Show to Sir Lew Grade!

4617938 You're blowing this out of proporation. The episode says that Babs' cutie mark is because she was always obessed with her mane and tail, and Friends Forever #13 hinted that she was interested in being a stylist. A pair of scissors for a cutie mark does NOT automatically make her a bully again. In the very same episode that brought this change on us, they also said that a cutie mark doesn't automatically change who you are. Just take a look at Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, do their cutie marks look like the kind of cutie marks you'd expect bullies to have? No.

The mark does not define the pony, the pony defines the mark.

4618955 , couldn't we have something more exoctic?

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

We could, but that doesn't make Babs' special talent bad or worth any less. Just different from your expectation. :)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12