The Veterans of Fimfic 89 members · 20 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Nathan Traveler
Group Admin

We're called "Veterans" for a reason, right? We've been with FIMFiction since its early days, when it was almost as awkward as fanfiction.net. Well, here we all are, a couple of years later, and the site's never looked better than it has before. And just like the website, everyone's tastes in stories have insanely changed over time.

I mean, remember when a story like "My Second Life" was considered the top story to read? Or maybe "Living the Dream", as cheesy and weird as it is today; remember when it was a big deal? Everything's gone and changed on us, and all of us have improved ourselves in some way, shape, or form. Our own writing definitely reflects this, as does our taste in reading material.

Now on this line of thinking, I have to ask: What were your favorite stories on FIMfiction specifically, the ones that got you to stay on this website?

My own were "On a Cross and Arrow" and "Waking Nightmares", to name a couple.

Bronyhood of steel
Group Admin

Background pony(though I hate the ending and want to scream at shortskirts YOU FUCKED UP, but I respect him as a talented writer.)

My most favorite Fiction Is the original Three of Me while i never read my second life or living the dream Three of me kept me here those stories were amazing before editors and proofreaders when red and black ocs were accepted among other things seriously we need to go back to those days to our roots before fanfiction became a chore or second job back when it was fun

Blue Breeze
Group Admin

I first got on the site for stories such as "The Birds and the Bees" and "The Nightmare After Nightmare Night."

I gravitated towards fics like "Three of Me" and "Living the Dream" until I started making my own. Then I got a job working for Bronystories, which has made me stay since.

Krenshaw
Group Contributor

Waking Nightmares : It really showed me that most of the site wasn't all really really terrible self inserts and trollfics.

Tiberian Eclipse : Even though this one is relatively new, it is still VERY well written. It genuinely surprises me it has as much views as it does, it deserves more.

The Dresden Fillies: False Masks : This is an old one, and as the book it's crossing over with it's just as good.

It Must Be Tuesday : Following the huge spurt of Fallout crossovers when that became a thing, this story emerged, and with an original opening, great characterization, if somewhat slow as molasses pacing, makes this one of my favorites.

All of these are probably the best Fanfiction I've ever read here, and without these I probably would've stayed anyways since I have literally nothing else to do. But still, the thought counts right?

Right?

Fourpony
Group Contributor

"Ponies Make War" was the fanfic that got me to create an account here, it is now titled "The Immortal Game" by AestheticB.

Vinetion
Group Admin

First one I read was Through the eyes of another pony of EQD. At which point I went looking for stories found here and just roamed a while until I found Living the Dream and Three of me.

Incredible Blunderbolt
Group Contributor

The very first fic I read on this site was Twilight Learns A Secret, but I remember eagerly awaiting chapters for Twilight's List, The Nightmare Before Nightmare Night, Sweetie's Mansion and Then Tomorrow Came.

Dleifragcat
Group Admin

3oM, and a freaking 50 chapter Assassin fic of mine (particulary I enjoyed it for how over-the-top I was) that should have been continued but writing's such a chore :trollestia:

Shadow Strike
Group Contributor

original Three of Me, My Second Life, and Living the dream were probably the best fan fictions i will ever read, but some nowadays are gettin up there too.

Through the Eyes of Another Pony and Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons, thanks to EqD. Actually read a side-story before reading the main fic.

Frigid Winds and Burning Hearts- A very early Luna fic (pre-season 2). That, alongside TTEOAP, gave me the headcanon for Luna.

Living the Dream- Back before I was a part of the TWE and W.R.I.T.E. Cancelled before I joined either group, actually.

Three of Me- Eventually realised that LtD was crossing over with another fic.

Responsibilities- The "original" Twiacorn fic (for me). Back when Twiacorn was seen as a bad thing.
Was subsequently cancelled, handed over to another author, and restarted as the fic "Expectations".

Anthropology- Set my headcanon for human-loving Lyra. Also, the author just gave me a free copy of XCOM.
Just saying...

Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. Wow, I miss those days.

Ice
Group Admin

1524198 Well, the first story I read was "Equestria: Total War" and everything else is just downhill from there.

Kidding, but in reality I feel there are few stories that really compare when it comes to a first and this was my thought process for a, damn good, while... then I found "Molestia"... okay it was actually "A World Without Rainbows" and "Night's Favoured Child" that really made me think "Damn, maybe there is something worth staying for," and this was before I made the friends I have on here now.

Heck, I even enjoyed Coal Buck's story a lot.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11