The Veterans of Fimfic 89 members · 20 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23
Ice
Group Admin

...Well as you can tell the activity in this group dropped rather suddenly, so I have devised a way to get people reading......I dunno just type random shit and start a conversation, I dunno, do eetttt.....cheese....cheddar or Molotov...shaken or stirred?

honk honk

Fourpony
Group Contributor

I'll take a stirred Molotov. I just suppose there isn't much to talk about? What does a group like this even do? I don't even participate in the groups that do have a lot of activity.

Also, what would be a cut off date or ID number to not be considered a "Veteran of FiM Fiction"?

Well, it's not just us. The groups on FIMFic have always been a little quiet, at least for the ones that I've been in. They gain bursts of activity every so often when somebody advertises it and things like that, but in reality they go through lulls all the time. Groups don't really post their activity in a way the people can see it and act upon it like stories do, so it's understandable.

I'd think the best thing anyone could do to generate activity from the current users in the group would be to set up events inside the group for people to latch onto. As it stands, it's really just a place to dump stories in folders and create nonsense threads, right?

I'm not sure myself what kinds of things you could invent to get the group to interact with itself and focus a little more internally, but giving people things to do, no matter how small, is a good step.

Dleifragcat
Group Admin

I'm working on fics............. and games :trollestia:
EDIT: Shameless Self Promoting: League of Legends Fic Staring Mordekaiser is a real big pain to edit but coming along nicely. And with over 30 pages each of planning I am also working on Okami crossovers and the Last of us.
Go Assassins, woo!

Writing anything is a toll nowadays though, so expect some delays.

Ice
Group Admin

1368664>>1368649 I have not the foggiest what I made this group for BUT we will decide something...and you two have volunteered to help.

Rust
Group Contributor

Guinness. Frozen glass stein. It's like drinking nectar from the tits of a Valkyrie.

Fourpony
Group Contributor

Wait, I volunteered just cause I commented. Well crap.

Ice
Group Admin

1368791 Welcome to life.

Vinetion
Group Admin

I had my burst of fame, died off and sorta never came back, I check in everyday still but only for random shits and giggles. not gonna lie, I'm sitting in the caboose of this train and thinking of jumping off... >.>

You're not going to like my help, lol. You can refer to my blog for more details if you like, but the short version is that this current internet connection is very much a temporary thing.

Regardless, I suppose I could lend a hand to whatever you think up, or ideas if you need some brainstorming support.

That's probably the most apt thing I've heard all day.

Ice
Group Admin

1369024 Welcome to the club, we're investing in jackets.

Ice
Group Admin

1368757...I like milk.

Nathan Traveler
Group Admin

I've never really gotten involved in groups like these. I just spend most of my time playing random games and ignoring people.

KillJoy
Group Admin

Well, I started back my shit... just gaming and working these days. Drawing and such.

Krenshaw
Group Contributor

The reason this group is dying off is because there is no real substance to it.
All it was originally intended to do was be a repository of people who are old on this site, nothing more.
But, if it had an actual purpose such as the Alternative TCB group, which exists to point out flaws in the TCB universe, it would easily be more popular.

My suggestion, either let it die or get something to do in here.

Dleifragcat
Group Admin

Let's find some substance then :moustache:

Nathan Traveler
Group Admin

I know, hard to believe. But I can't always be the awesome role model that the general public sees me as.

Ice
Group Admin

1370663 What would you suggest?

Krenshaw
Group Contributor

1372512 I don't know.

Swokk
Group Contributor

What if... I dunno, something?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23