Christian Bronies of the Americas (CBA) 138 members · 106 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

This is for Christians and Athiests, believers and total trolls. Anyone, no matter who, please read this. Don't skip through it. I need you to read this. It is important to me.
There is something on my heart. The thought of it makes me cry, and causes my heart to burn. My whole body trembles. Even now, tears start to sting at my eyes.
I don't know how people can live without God. I did for a while, until I saw just how badly I needed Him, and how much He loves me, even me. My story isn't special, not at all.
My family is not perfect. My life was messed up. I only looked at God and asked Him why He wouldn't fix it all and solve my problems. I asked Him if He was even there, but I knew He was. I gave up on God and moved on with my poor excuse of a life, only there was no point to it.
One day, a problem came back up and tore up my family. We moved to a new church and started attending school there. My bitterness didn't last long; the new teachers, people, and pastors changed my outlook on life for the better. It was at a teen camp that I made the decision which changed me completely for the better. I asked Jesus to forgive me of my sins and to be my Friend and Saviour. I cried so hard as I prayed. I know it sounds so cliche, but I could feel my burdens being taken away and a new joy come over me. I literally giggled like a child as I told my youth pastor these exact and somewhat cheesy words, "I got saved!"
Now, religion has nothing to do with this. It doesn't matter what denomination you are or what race you are, God lovs you, and that's a simple truth.
What is it to know and understand salvation? I'll try to explain it in 4 easy steps.

1. YOU AND I ARE SINNERS.
Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
I'm very sure that if I asked you if you've ever done anything wrong, you'd be like, "DUH!", which would be my answer as well. But because of our sin, we are separated from God, who cannot sin. If we are separated from God, then where else could we go? Which brings me to the next point.
2.WE'RE ON OUR WAY TO HELL.
Romans 6:23a "For the wages (payment) of sin is death..."
I know that was very abrupt, yet very true. I'm not trying to scare people. But you need to hear me out. Hell scares me. It isn't a word to use freely in our speech. I cannot tell you how many times I have cried about people on their way to Hell and not even caring. You can argue that Hell isn't real, but what's scarier than going to Hell is not being able to go to Heaven and be with God. Hell is not a party. You're burning forever and there's nothing to stop it. The Devil is not a guy in a red suit with a pitchfork. There's nothing funny about it. Moving on now.
3. REALLY GOOD NEWS
Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth (shows) His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
Even though we have sinned and forsaken God, He loved us so much that He sent His Son to die in our place. Jesus died on the cross for us. He was perfect, and yet every single sin we've ever done and will do was laid on Him as he died. Dying on the cross doesn't seem like much, but if you read what physicians have to say about it, your mind will be forever changed. The movies cannot display how torturous and horrifying the cross is. Jesus has taken your place; what will you do?
4. CALL UPON GOD.
Romans 10:13 "For whosever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
It is as simple as calling upon God. You only have to ask once. There's no magical Hocus-Pocus words to it. You don't have to clean up your act first. God's forgiveness can cover everything you've ever done. You can pray silently or out loud. I did it silently. God will not reject you, and nothing can take your salvation away.

If you do want to pray, but are not sure what to say, here is an example.
"Dear Jesus, I know I'm a sinner. Please forgive me of my sins and be my Friend and Saviour. Thank you. Amen."
It is a very simple prayer. If you did pray, please let me know whether through the comments or pm, if you prefer.
Remember, salvation is a free gift from God. He is holding you in His hand. Nothing can take your salvation away, nothing.
If you have any questions, please pm me.
This has been tearing me apart. There was no way I could for all of my emotions into this, but I tried. I'm sorry it's so long.
I'm posting this in several groups. Apologies.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1