Christian Bronies of the Americas (CBA) 138 members · 106 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
brickguy213
Group Admin

Since every group (In my opinion) needs a testimony thread, here you go. I'll start.

I was a carefree five year old, just starting kindergarden at a Christian School. I got saved on the fist day. The End...

I know right, NOT very impressive. But just because mine isn't exciting doesn't mean you guys don't have some stories to tell. Please note that none of you are being forced to tell your stories. If you have a testimony that you want to keep private, then it's okay with me. And I think I speak for the whole group when I say, it's okay with all of them too.

Well, my testimony begins like this. I thought I got saved at like the age of four. However, later on in life, when I was about eleven or twelve, I had a choice. I could either go to this revival thing in Alabama or have a sleepover (understand this was my first one). I finally chose to go to the revival and on the last night of the revival, God saved me with his unending grace. I am so glad I chose to go to that revival because then I got saved.

I grew up in the church, was always serious about following God. I had a crisis in college and God revealed to me that all that did was make me a modern pharisee who wanted to use God as a way to make myself a better person so everyone would know I was a good person. Then He saved me after a whole night of wrestling with Him. And now I love Him. This was about eight years ago.

When I was little, I used complain to God about things in my life and ask him if he was real and why he wouldn't fix things. After a while, I started to see him as more and would talk to him about more, but I stopped for some little kiddish reason that I can't remember. I knew that God had a part in my life, but really getting to know Him more was not one of my goals. Just a few years ago, a crisis happened in my family, so we started to go to an independent Baptist church. I could feel God start to knock at the of my heart, but I wasn't ready. Then one day at a preaching service at Indian Creek Baptist Camp, I realized that I had been pushing God away, that He wanted to be my friend and I wouldn't let him. Tearfully, I asked God to be my Saviour and Friend that evening. I can't tell you enough how glad I am that I did. There's this joy in my heart that I cannot get rid of. Hard times come and go, but God has never and never will leave me. I was saved June 18, 2013 at Indian Creek Baptist Camp at around 8:00. I will never forget that day because of what God has done for me.
~Melly~

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4