Appleshy 484 members · 180 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25
Twinkletail
Group Admin

EDIT: The deadline has been extended to December 19th!

Hello everyone! As we know, we're all (I assume) in this group because we love Appleshy! After all, how couldn't someone love Appleshy? :yay::heart::ajsmug:

Sooooo I figured that since many of us are writers, it might be fun to start a contest! After all, a contest means more writing, and that's good for everyone! More chances to write the best ship for the writers! More stories about the best ship for the readers to read! More orangepone and yellowpone making happy kissyfaces! Where's the bad in this?!

So here's the deal! This contest will be running from RIGHTNOW (November 13th for those of you who do not read this the VERY INSTANT it is posted!) until 11:59 PM EST on December 19th! That's practically a month! Wowee!

Unfortunately, contests must have rules. It's part of life! Here's the rules we're running with for this contest:

>All entries must be written, submitted, dated, and all that jazz within the span of the contest (Again, that's 11/13 to 12/19)
>All stories must have a minimum of 2500 words
>No mature rating, no humanized/anthro
>The story must be complete
>When you've submitted your story and it's been approved, just post a link to it in this topic

That all sounds fair, right? Great! Now, we're giving you a nice selection of TWO different prompts! You can choose either one for your story! Or even both, if you can work that out! Here are your two choices!

1) Applejack and Fluttershy are both known to be tied down to their own homes, but they've reached the point in their relationship where they're moving in with one another. The two need to decide who's moving in with who and how it will work.

2) Either Applejack's or Fluttershy's business is in financial trouble. The other takes over as owner in an effort to get their earnings back in the green.

And there you have your two options, should you choose to enter!

I bet you're all wondering one thing: What will the contest winner receive? Well, hold on, I'll get to that!

The winner will be chosen by you, the members of the group! The winners will be chosen by your peers! It's like the American court system! Because you can't spell judicial process-phy without Appleshy! Once the deadline is up, I'll put up a poll of some sort, and everyone can vote on which story is their favorite! Yay voting!

As for what the winner will receive...I'm trying to contact the owner of the group to see if we can get the winning story featured on the group's front page! I'm hoping I can get a response. But either way, it's fun to win contests, right? :pinkiehappy:

And that's the details of the contest! I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing some fun entries! Also, here's a picture to spice this post up!

I can't believe I haven't found this group until now. :facehoof:
You'll get your AppleShy, you'll ALL get your AppleShy... :trollestia:

Look out Fimfiction, here comes the shipping goggles! :rainbowdetermined2:

Umm… Won't the prompt basically make 3 stories? As there's not much you can do with those prompts?

See, there's this thing called imagination, that most people have, which allows them to take prompts in different directions. :trollestia:

But all your going to get is variations (properly not that different) 3 stories, unless you really pack those prompts in, essentially making them token.

2154609 Goodness gracious, that's an adorable pic. Also, yay, contest, but mostly that pic is seriously adorable.

Can't we have a little more interesting prompts? :yay:

For example:
When Fluttershy (or Applejack) discovers that her girlfriend shares her weird fetish for beastality, she decides to confront her about it.

(Yes, I purposely exaggerated this, but you get the idea!):ajsmug:

> Applejack uses her apples to fatten up Flutter's animals and sell 'em to the griffons as livestock.

I don't know why, but I get the strangest feeling that Fluttershy would not be so willing to let her friends be sold away as food. How would that work as a romance?

While I do think the prompts are a teensy bit narrow, there's plenty of room to work with in both. Plus, I actually think I might have an idea for one of them...

So where are we to post our stories when we're done? Should we link them here or will there be a folder to put contest entries in? :rainbowhuh:

Twinkletail
Group Admin

Whoops, I knew i left something out!

Just publish them on your account and link to the stories in this topic. I don't have any type of mod abilities in the group, so I can't make a folder for contest entries.

I'll add this information to the main post too, just for posterity.

>No mature rating, no humanized/anthro

SO I CAN WRITE THEM AS CARS/TRUCKS/SPACESHIPS (lol ships) IF I WANT TO, RIGHT?

Twinkletail
Group Admin

Part of me REALLY wants to say yes.

2154609 I'm definitely entering! I'm doing National Novel Writing Month at the moment, and then once December starts I'm dedicating my time to this- and the TwiJack groups contest, as well :pinkiehappy:
Good luck to everyone else, and may the best story win! :heart:

2165341 Vet Clinic. She would never support puppy mills.

Took me a while, but here it is:

Homeward Bound

Unfortunately, my fic will not be (even close) to done on time.

I'm still gonna write it, though. Just... after Christmas.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25