My Little Over Analysis 235 members · 198 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

"This Is Your Story!" starts a bit flat (I really wanna rewrite the first two chapters but c'mon, they're my first two chapters ever, give me a break here).

But give yourself more time. And a little more.

And before you know it, you'll be wondering about everything.

Also, enjoy my flavor of three background characters--flavors you may not have seen before. There's backstory...oh, but I guess I haven't quite gotten to the backstory yet. You'll just have to wait and see.

Trust this writer.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/229306/this-is-your-story

P.S. If you can, please help me figure out what other groups this might belong in! I'm really struggling due to the unique premise and the sad lack of love for my three BGs out there.

NachoTheBrony
Group Contributor

(I really wanna rewrite the first two chapters but c'mon, they're my first two chapters ever, give me a break here).

If you are trying to get people to look at your story, you are doing it wrong.

Pilate
Group Admin

I hadn't thought about trying to push life into MLOA by offering critique, but it's a viable options.

Generally I look down upon authors adding their own stories to this group so I appreciate you opting for a forum post instead. I'll add it to my RIL in the meantime.

(I really wanna rewrite the first two chapters but c'mon, they're my first two chapters ever, give me a break here).

Have to agree with 4025486 a little bit. If you think you need to rewrite the first two chapter, then do it. There are a lot of groups on this site and others that offer free critique and editing. You should take advantage of those to help you get a real feel for what you're writing.

I started this group as a half-serious/half-joking place to collect stories that were ripe for discussion and debate, with the self-awareness to say that it might be entirely reader fabricated.

NachoTheBrony
Group Contributor

I started this group as a half-serious/half-joking place to collect stories that were ripe for discussion and debate, with the self-awareness to say that it might be entirely reader fabricated.

Mind if I send a few?
While I will need to search through my faves for a list of thought-inducing stories, I did write one specifically as social commentary: "Not Really a Mare" was written specifically as a conversation piece against considering that a harem world would make for happy stallions, plus the exploration of a continuum where sex, love and marriage are completely dissociated concepts.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4