Chrylight is Alright 834 members · 139 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

You can easily replace the names/genders for it to be. But anyways I'd like some general feedback on something short I wrote.

Note this was my entry in NixWorld's art contest. It had to be 500 words or less and it had to be related with the "On the Battlefield" prompt.

Without further ado.

Maelstrom.

If there was one word to describe the way the changeling King Ao entered the battlefield, that would be it. His silver mane flowed in the wind as he charged with his changelings into the rocky sides of Styx Gorge. The gold and silver armor of his forces gleamed upon the blood-stained twilight looming over the gorge like a dark omen.

The King’s magic rallied the clouds above and the water of the river Styx… Acheron as his honey brown and soft sea-green eyes warned of the coming storm of fury. The infernal buzzing of wings that echoed off the walls of stone, the battle cries as metal clashed against metal, the screams of pain and suffering as steel and magic cut the threads of life… They all would be overshadowed by the booming thunder, and roaring water.

The teal-black armored defenders stubbornly held their position at the gates of the changeling capitol built inside the stone. Desperate, hoping for the King’s reinforcements, defiant against the Blackguard horde as their mages kept launching spells from the embrasures. And at the center their vanguard, their Queen, their candle in the dark, Chrysalis Mirrorhoof stood valiantly against the attackers. With an unholy rage in his purple eyes, Lord Cyclomatooth Masquerade charged at the Queen, licking his only fang, eager to taste her majesty’s blood.

The usurper’s armies followed the bladed crown that rested on their master’s head. Their eyes glowed red, as if possessed by some beast, and they lunged upon the weary from combat defenders while those behind the blackguard roared as their barrages of magic, arrows and stone sought to lay their claim upon the Queen’s loyal. Overwhelmed in the haze of combat they were about to witness their bane as they were being surrounded.

For in the eyes King and Queen alike, the eyes swirling with magic lay a holy promise to each other, their subjects, their daughter residing within the Black Sanctuary.

“I will protect you.”

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1